MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 10-11-06, 07:29
Vets Dottir

Default Anzac Cookies at Walmart and Tiger stores now?

Hi,

I was browsing the Legion website looking for info about any events here for Remembrance Day (couldn't find anything listed anywhere ) but spotted this neat little blurb that our Aussie, and us Canadians, friends might like to hear about ... Anzac biscuits now for sale here in Canada??? I don't know if the date is Nov. 2, 2006 or Feb 11, 2006 ... or if this is just a special one time offering for Remembrance Day month, or if the stores are stocking them from now on. I DO like the idea that the producers of these Anzac bikkies are donating part of their sales money to the Legion though Does anyone else know anything about any of this???

There IS a Wal-Mart in this town ... can it really be that these Aussie bikkies are so close to home and that more Canadians will learn about Anzac Day?

Quote:

http://www.legion.ca/asp/docs/BB_06/06-026.htm

11/02/06 04:27 pm

Subject: ALL BRANCH - A TOUTES LES FILIALES (06-026) - ANZAC Cookies at Last! - Enfin, les biscuits ANZAC!

We are pleased to announce that the long-awaited ANZAC Cookies are now available in Wal-Mart stores and selected Giant Tiger stores across Canada. The producers of ANZAC Cookies supports the Legion by donating a part of the proceeds from the sale of their cookies to the Royal Canadian Legion.
Karmen.
Old 10-11-06, 12:41
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Tim Tams And Vegemite....

Carmen
THis outfit in Washington State just south of you has all the Ozzie products you want....
http://www.simplyoz.com/
Old 10-11-06, 13:10
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Tim Tams And Vegemite....

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
Carmen
THis outfit in Washington State just south of you has all the Ozzie products you want....
http://www.simplyoz.com/
Cool Alex! Except they should be available in Canada just South of my door! :idea: I wonder what it would take to be able to bring some Oz product (or products) here if they had a spot for shoppers to find them. Maybe I should do a little market research

Hey Alex, it's "Carman" ... with an "a" not an "e". I still like the Karmen spelling my Mom gave me, even as a nickname if needs be, though. But this name changing all the time has me and everyone else confused about what to call me
Old 10-11-06, 15:57
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: Tim Tams And Vegemite....

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
Cool Alex! Except they should be available in Canada just South of my door! :idea: I wonder what it would take to be able to bring some Oz product (or products) here if they had a spot for shoppers to find them. Maybe I should do a little market research

Hey Alex, it's "Carman" ... with an "a" not an "e". I still like the Karmen spelling my Mom gave me, even as a nickname if needs be, though. But this name changing all the time has me and everyone else confused about what to call me
CKAERAEMEANSKI...
You keep changing and adding names to your handle that I guess as long as I don't call you late for dinner ,it's cool...
Do You remember the legal name on your birth certificate??
Maybe I'll just call you Lady Morph...
Or "the Changling"...
But never "Hey You..!!"