Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 05-06-04, 01:41
Senior Forum Member

Default Re: Re: Ah, ever cute!

Quote:
Originally posted by FV623
Mark's thought bubble is of course entirely wrong and should read thus:
wine, wine, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, rye, beer, rye, rye, beer, beer, beer.

R.
SH.SC.
Oh....it should look like this then........
Attached Images

Old 05-06-04, 01:51
Richard Notton

Default Re: Re: Re: Ah, ever cute!

Quote:
Originally posted by V_D
Well, I'm surely glad you didn't cause that poor man to regress by depriving him of anything ....
Let me assure you in the strongest terms that it would be a near impossibility to deprive The Grand Vizir of MLU of anything at all.

Let me post another picture of SUNRAY & SUNRAY minor as something of a puzzle, the British herein can remain silent please, tell me what you consider is significant about it.

R.
SH.SC.
Attached Thumbnails
bar.jpg  
Old 05-06-04, 02:15
Senior Forum Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Ah, ever cute!

Quote:
Originally posted by V_D
Hey DENISE ... Hi there! You'd better do some quality control on that mad-man too!
Dear Carman;

She's been trying to do that for going on twenty-two years now, how's she doing so far........
Old 05-06-04, 05:16
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Ah, ever cute!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
Dear Carman;

She's been trying to do that for going on twenty-two years now, how's she doing so far........
I'll send more DUCT TAPE Denise! Since I'm 1000 miles closer to you folks, you should get it by this Wed. That man needs a little restraint and I'm only too pleased to help you out! (just leave a little hole so he can still
Old 05-06-04, 05:31
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Ah, ever cute!

Quote:
Let me assure you in the strongest terms that it would be a near impossibility to deprive The Grand Vizir of MLU of anything at all.

Let me post another picture of SUNRAY & SUNRAY minor as something of a puzzle, the British herein can remain silent please, tell me what you consider is significant about it.

R.
SH.SC.
Yes ... Aquarians will NOT be dictated to, nor deprived. Ask my youngest daughter, her jazz Daddy... and Geoff... oh and my Mother (rest her soul)

Is the Sunray Minor a Minor?

Is that an ashtray? I don't see any cigartte smoking going on?

Other than those quesses, I haven't a clue what you're yapping about regards the picture Master R. :P
Old 05-06-04, 12:38
Richard Notton

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ah, ever cute!

Quote:
Originally posted by V_D
Yes ... Aquarians will NOT be dictated to, nor deprived. Ask my youngest daughter, her jazz Daddy... and Geoff... oh and my Mother (rest her soul)
Quite so, as opposed to us two-people geminis - me - today!!!!

Quote:
Is the Sunray Minor a Minor?
Nope. Anyrate, sub 18 is a minor here.
Ciggies, smaller motorbikes and girlies (not in any particular order) are legal at 16. Cars at 17 and voting at 18. The only thing I think becomes legal at 21 now is jury service.

Quote:
Is that an ashtray? I don't see any cigartte smoking going on?
Ah, they're fiddling for cash to pay for the two pints of Liberation Ale, a pale ale type stuff as far as I can see. came a few seconds later.
Quote:
Other than those quesses, I haven't a clue what you're yapping about regards the picture Master R.
Ah, well, I'll leave it a few more hours whilst our auntie pode chums get into sync as they're some 9 to 12 hours out from me.

I have made a call to the invasion beaches, all fetched up hale and hearty; after some kip they are off today to see the sights and possibly plant a certain respect at a Canadian cementary. The link-up with the Dutch forces of McSpool has also been achieved.

I have provided the Ball-Spinning with an army route marker stake for the purpose, modern perhaps but still appropriate I think.

R.

SH.SC.
The temporary repository of the Great Key of Delete.
Old 05-06-04, 13:14
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ah, ever cute!

Quote:
Quite so, as opposed to us two-people geminis - me - today!!!!

I have made a call to the invasion beaches, all fetched up hale and hearty; after some kip they are off today to see the sights and possibly plant a certain respect at a Canadian cementary. The link-up with the Dutch forces of McSpool has also been achieved.

I have provided the Ball-Spinning with an army route marker stake for the purpose, modern perhaps but still appropriate I think.

R.

SH.SC.
The temporary repository of the Great Key of Delete.
Ah ... well ... all are with incredibl people then ... and spirits. Excellent.

... I thought I was hallucinating ... the number of them seem to have multiplied. Fertile little things, aren't they? ...

Master R.? Are we having fun?

GEMINI ... Happy Birthday TOOOOOO YOUUUUUU
Happy BITRRRRRRRRRTHDAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU
Happppppppeeeeeeeeee BIRTHHHHHHHHHHHHDAY
MAster R R r r r r r r r r r r r r r r
HAAAAAAAPEE Birthday
Toooooooooooooo
YoooooOOOOOuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUU!

(thats just in case your birthday is today!)

Old 05-06-04, 16:32
Richard Notton

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ah, ever cute!

Quote:
Originally posted by V_D

(thats just in case your birthday is today!)

It is, and many thanks for the kind wishes.

R.
Old 05-06-04, 22:00
Vets Dottir

Default smoker icons

Quote:
Originally posted by V_D
... I thought I was hallucinating ... the number of "THEM" seem to have multiplied. Fertile little things, aren't they?
...I was referring to the SMOKER ICONS

R. I hope you celebrated the anniversary of your birth somehow.

By the way ... the main Archetypes given for GEMINI are TEACHER, STORY-TELLER, JOURNALIST ... said goals are to gather information and knowledge, and to transport, make, perceptions obvious to others.

They're all over the place ... busy busy busy learning and sharing what they've learned. Sound a lot like you?

I light up in honour of your birth ... long may you live!

Carman
Old 06-06-04, 04:03
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Default What's wrong with this picture?

1. The older gent on the other side of Jif, presumably English, has not overheard Jif's accent and loudly declared "Thank God for Canadians!" and offered to buy his drinks.

2. Jif has emptied a girly bottle of lolly water pre-mix and ignored the beer.

3. There is not a MLU tac sign hanging from the rafter (Yet!).

4. The beer is warm and flat. (Not unusual, just plain WRONG).

5. The barkeep has popped down the cellar for the last dusty bottle of Canadian Club.

6. There is a fan in the right hand corner for when it gets hot. (In England?)
Old 06-06-04, 09:01
Richard Notton

Default Re: What's wrong with this picture?

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith
Quote:
1. The older gent on the other side of Jif, presumably English, has not overheard Jif's accent and loudly declared "Thank God for Canadians!" and offered to buy his drinks.
Nope.
Incidentally Jif is now Cif. After all these years of us using this respected cream kitchen cleaner, they have changed the name to Cif - the new European name for Jif it says on the container.
Quote:
2. Jif has emptied a girly bottle of lolly water pre-mix and ignored the beer.
I think not. This is an impossible happening this side of Hell freezing over.
Quote:
3. There is not a MLU tac sign hanging from the rafter (Yet!).
This can be arranged.
Quote:
4. The beer is warm and flat. (Not unusual, just plain WRONG).
No, British beer is neither warm or flat, however, it is normally a dark chestnut colour with a hint of self-carbonation and served at cellar temperature, like a fine red wine, so you can actually TASTE it. It does, of course, bear no resemblance to the nearly frozen, falsely fizzed, anaemic yellow, gnats piss that masquerades for beer in other parts of the globe.
Quote:
5. The barkeep has popped down the cellar for the last dusty bottle of Canadian Club.
Nope.
Quote:
6. There is a fan in the right hand corner for when it gets hot. (In England?)
Quite right, it does actually get quite hot, several of us do have air conditioners, me included.

I shall have to put you all out of your misery it seems, and how appropriate on June 6th too. The picture was taken at a pub in Southwick village (and that's "Suth-ick" please, not South-Wick) which happens to be barely a quarter mile from Southwick House.

Southwick House of course was the HQ of two prominent people who had rather a lot to do with OVERLORD and the invasion of Europe; lunch time would often see Ike and Monty in this very place having a drink. Ike would take a half (pint) and Monty always had a fruit juice.

Why ever do you think Gold Beach was so called?

Perhaps the attached image might afford a clue.

R.
SH.SC.
Temporary Guardian of The Great Key of Delete.
Attached Thumbnails
the golden lion.jpg  
Old 06-06-04, 09:25
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ah, ever cute!

Quote:
Originally posted by V_D
[B]Yes ... Aquarians will NOT be dictated to, nor deprived. Ask my youngest daughter, her jazz Daddy... and Geoff... oh and my Mother (rest her soul)
We just have the ability to let others THINK that they are dictating to us, whilst remaining firmly in control.........

Hey - GWB, when you return and read this - your miniturised self-adhesive red flag is now firmly and proudly attached to the rear of my nice English car.

OH!! REALLY?

I have a premonition I shall be wearing them as earrings.

R.
SH.SC.

Could be worse - he could have you forcibly restrained and pegged out on the nearest driving range.............

A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age!! (Meatloaf)
Old 06-06-04, 09:29
Richard Notton

Default Re: smoker icons

Quote:
Originally posted by V_D
...I was referring to the SMOKER ICONS
Oh! I see now.
Quote:
R. I hope you celebrated the anniversary of your birth somehow.
Well, several of these and I helped Mrs.Notton clean up the place after the devastation of the Canadian contingent billetted herein. It took almost all day and the recycle bin is largely full of cans and bottles, no surprises there.
Quote:
By the way ... the main Archetypes given for GEMINI are TEACHER, STORY-TELLER, JOURNALIST ... said goals are to gather information and knowledge, and to transport, make, perceptions obvious to others.

They're all over the place ... busy busy busy learning and sharing what they've learned. Sound a lot like you?
That's scarily accurate.
Quote:
I light up in honour of your birth ... long may you live!
Many thanks Oh Venerable_Dame of Winterpeg, that's most kind.

One job for today is to erect a small staff so that I might fly the WWII Canadian flag in proud view of the passing citizens; it is regretted that we have no flags here to acknowledge the Aussies and Kiwis who also threw in their efforts to dig us out of the sh 1 t 60 years ago.

It is also regrettable that the revered Cross of St George for ENGLAND is to be seen everywhere at present since the significance has been hijacked by the game people.

I can only presume that there is a football match somewhere involving the England team, all I know about this national addiction is that it involves 22 grown men kicking a bag of wind around a muddy field.

R.
SH.SC
Doorman.
Old 06-06-04, 11:48
Richard Notton

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCox
Don't tell me you still ate that extra-fine tenderised baguette-thing? Or under the affluence of incahol don't you notice the tyre marks? Perhaps rubber and tarmac improves the flavour?
No, we wrapped it around Ball-Spinning as a muffler during one of the incahol induced MLD moments.
Quote:
Next time I get the chance I'll definitely think about staying overnight - looks like fun..............
You can plot the Solent MVT Overlord Shows for years ahead as they're always on the late May bank holiday. I shall start working on the May 28 - 30 2005 show probably in Sept this year.

Likely a bit smaller than 2004 obviously but we think a c.400 vehicle show nonetheless.

R.
SH.SC.
Old 06-06-04, 12:52
Vets Dottir

Default Ciggie break

I had to take some time out from the old TV for a break,and coffee to keep me awake. It's about 5:30 a.m. June 6th ... the ceremonies started being televised at 3 a.m. Too much to take it all in. And how crammed and rushed everything is ... the lone Piper piping on the beach really got to me. As did "Abide With Me"

Seeing the Vets, 60 years after the fact, MARCHING down on the beach by the Juno Beach Center ... what a different kind of beach they all are now,Juno and the others ... but I'll bet much looked like June 6, 1944 in their minds and hearts ... and how wonderful for them to be TOGETHER. That part televised, to me, the walk on the beach, somehow seemed really invasive towards the soldiers, in my mind. I felt, "Ah... let them be for crying out loud... this is their private moment together. Leave them alone."

But what do I know?

I loved the overheard cussing.

I wonder if Geoff and Hanno were seated way back up in the bleachers?

Well ... back to TV ... They were soon to start the Dinner Reception for the Soldiers .... and the news switched to the British Ceremonies, "Onward Christian Soldiers" .... Then The American .... and will switch back and forth between Our Canada, England, and American.... about 10 hours beginning to end for the whole show.

In all ... an education that I hope many are getting.

Old 06-06-04, 13:33

Default Far be it from me to agree with Richard...

Quote:
Originally posted by FV623 I can only presume that there is a football match somewhere involving the England team, all I know about this national addiction is that it involves 22 grown men kicking a bag of wind around a muddy field.

R.
I knew there had to be some common ground somewhere, apart from an admiration for Stollies.

Hello to everyone at the ceremonies, got some Normandy cheese here with lunch which is the closest I'll get.
Old 06-06-04, 23:27
Richard Notton

Default Re: Far be it from me to agree with Richard...

Quote:
Originally posted by gordon
I knew there had to be some common ground somewhere, apart from an admiration for Stollies.
I find Vogon poetry, paint drying or grass growing is far more entertaining than 22 men propelling an inflated sheep's bladder by kicking it.

Ah, Stollies; bit like a helicopter, use it for an hour and work on it for two.
Quote:
Hello to everyone at the ceremonies, got some Normandy cheese here with lunch which is the closest I'll get.
The Dutch contingent of McSpool has just reported by telephone; as thought no one was going anywhere today, not even to the hypermarché. French plod have the place shut down because of the royalty, presidents, VIPs and the entourage of bureaucratic hangers-on.

Military helicopters of all nations are as common as flies and twice as annoying he says. It is reported that Ball-Spinning continues his breakfast régime of black tea (although some admixture of Calvados has been noted, allegedly) plus two generous mugs of white wine, to be followed with a liberal amount of beer for compaction; however, the afternoon "nap" has also made a re-appearance. Can't think why.

Little else to report owing to the activities of the continental fun police, they say. Al's WC6 apparently takes exception to modern high-volatility EU spec fuel with percolation very evident on these hot days which was a good excuse for a stop and brew-up beside the road, as we English would do.

The signals office in Shirrell Heath was duly decorated on this historic day in respect to our Canadian friends; this has seemed to cause some huge puzzlement to the locals who have grown accustomed to the proliferation of defaced St George Crosses owing to the sheep bladder kicking saga, but just cannot figure out what the unusual Red Ensign actually is.

I await the first person to ask what football team it represents.

R.
SH.SC.
Attached Thumbnails
sh sigs office june 6 2004.jpg  
Old 07-06-04, 00:18
Senior Forum Member

Smile Re: Brew up

Quote:
which was a good excuse for a stop and brew-up beside the road, as we English would do.
The proof is in the pudding

Cheers
Attached Images

Old 07-06-04, 05:57
Vets Dottir

Default What a day.

Just trying to get to the bottom of the page
Gawd ... for an upgrade!:

It's been quite the day. When seeing the Vets themselves, especially together and marching,it really isn't hard at all to see the young Soldier in their eyes, faces, and movements ... nor hard to picture them on D-Day and later.

I received yet another email from somone else whose relative was with myUncle that day I don't know more than that until we talk. It's quite incredible, the people who contact me from seeing my messages around the net. This fact should warm the heart and tickle the pride of any Vet who doubts their actions and sacrifices could ever be forgotten and unappreciated.

Those that don't know ... shall learn because someone, close by, cares enough to learn and share the history and th honouring. Pretty good, eh?

Old 08-06-04, 06:23
Vets Dottir

Default R. your present!

I'm SO sorry to be late with your birthday present Master R. Holder of the Great Delete Key ... well, here 'tis ... enjoy, from Little Miss Yappy
Attached Images

Old 08-06-04, 07:35
Richard Notton

Default Re: Re: Brew up

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
The proof is in the pudding

Cheers
Abso-bloody-lutely, that's more like it.

In fact the British MoD recognise the importance of a hot brew being so vital to the efficiency of our troops that they have had a standard bit of kit fitted into all Fighting Vehicles since the late 50s.

The ubiquitious "BV" or boiling vessel.

This allows for the heating of rations and the production of hot water for the crew, its one of the most useful bits in my FV623 and is well used being capable of boiling 7 (imperial) pints of water in 20 mins. Of course the 60A drain at 24V makes the ammeter pointer read something, plus it gives the alternator something to do and lets the drive belts know what they're there for.

Tucked away out of sight in the right hand rear cab pocket its also quite exciting when the cab suddenly fills with steam during the periods of high concentration needed to aim a Stalwart along our roads.

Interestingly there is always a scramble amongst US troops on NATO exercises to do exchange duty with UK APC mounted soldiers. Apparently US MRE's (Meals, Ready, Edible) which are in fact Meals, Rarely, Edible in the normal cold state, do become Meals, Rather Excellent after heating in our BV together with the after dinner hot coffee we understand.

We like it, Cooking Vessel (Electric) No.1 Mk.2 FV706656

R.
SH.SC.
Old 08-06-04, 07:38
Richard Notton

Default Re: R. your present!

Quote:
Originally posted by V_D
I'm SO sorry to be late with your birthday present Master R. Holder of the Great Delete Key ... well, here 'tis ... enjoy, from Little Miss Yappy
OH!!! Thanks awfully, most kind.

R.
SH.SC.
Old 08-06-04, 08:40
Vets Dottir

Default The reet of your birthday present

Master R.

Here is the rest of your Birthday present (for the football and football players you understand)... but you'll have to pick it up in your neck of the woods. I already paid for it!
Attached Thumbnails
bren.jpg  
Old 08-06-04, 09:38
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Default Re. FV's pressie

There you are ,Great and Stalwart (acting)Holder of the Delete Key, a useable birthday pressie from the colonies..the best LMG ever to maintain our Most Sovereign Nation from the hords of incoming euro-tourists. LOL

A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age!! (Meatloaf)
Old 09-06-04, 09:09
Richard Notton

Default Re: Re. FV's pressie

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCox
There you are ,Great and Stalwart (acting)Holder of the Delete Key, a useable birthday pressie from the colonies..the best LMG ever to maintain our Most Sovereign Nation from the hords of incoming euro-tourists. LOL
How appropriate, and an Inglis too coming from Canada.

Dave an I will set up a position on the White Cliffs of Dover to keep this sceptre'd Isle, a green and pleasant land, as it is and was fought for previously; no EU Fourth Reich here thank you very much.

I did go past the King's Stone yesterday on purpose. The single and privately placed little vase of flowers says it all; what you can't see is a small hand written card behind it, this says simply and concisely:

"Thank you for all you've done."

As you know this privately organised memorial to commorate the parade and inspection of 21st Army Group before King George VI on 22 May 1944 was a huge but military only event and as such details are scarce. Of course none of the troops would have known at the time what was to come in a few days hence.

Our best research endeavours suggest it was largely Canadian being well in the area of Canadian only "occupation" although 21st AG was officially composed of British and US troops too. The larger mass of 21st AG was indeed composed of the 1st Canadian Army and reading the extensive composition of 1st Canadian is a real eye-opener.

The Solent Area MVT, and myself, take a dual view of the significance of this memorial in that it is also a celebration of the lives of the troops stationed here before they were thrown into the Normandy carnage.

One large element of the 1st Canadian Army is of course the Royal Winnipeg Rifles, so its not impossible that Carman's uncle Eddie Smith may just possibly have been part of the parade, I'd like to think so, but we'll probably never know.

R.
Attached Thumbnails
king\'s stone 8 june 2004.jpg  
Old 09-06-04, 09:26
Vets Dottir

Default Hi

Hi R. Good post Thanks for this info.

Judging from a conversation I had with someone a while back, it sounds as though all 3 of my Uncles, all 3 with the Royal Winnipeg Rifles...only one came home... which was my Dad's brother Oscar) probably WERE part of that Parade. I like to think that that's so.

Also ... I'm glad you liked the Bren. I thought the old illustration was great. I just did a Google "image" search for "bren gun"
Old 09-06-04, 10:14
Richard Notton

Default Re: Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by V_D
Hi R. Good post Thanks for this info.
Quote:
Judging from a conversation I had with someone a while back, it sounds as though all 3 of my Uncles, all 3 with the Royal Winnipeg Rifles...only one came home... which was my Dad's brother Oscar) probably WERE part of that Parade. I like to think that that's so.
It would be fascinating and most appropriate if we could actually make a real, personal connection with the 22 May '44 parade.

What I do know, although with no time to investigate having to do some organisation on the day and host your rep from the Canadian High Commission; was we had one vet there who did actually take part in the parade and. . . . . . . . . . .

He landed in Normandy with the Canadians, being attached to them!!!!!

One of our members has done an interview and we also had a professional film crew there making a record; they interviewed him too. We are hoping this record may be available on DVD or in the fullness of time I'll get a tape and burn a DVD myself.

I have a little stock of King's Stone stuff which I'll put up from time to time.

Quote:
Also ... I'm glad you liked the Bren. I thought the old illustration was great. I just did a Google "image" search for "bren gun"
Not much wrong with a Bren gun and the only reason it was superceded here I think, would be the adoption of the 5.56mm SA-80 which has full auto fire.

I have my doubts about 5.56mm though and it seems the Aussies too, who desperately tried to retain their 7.62mm SLR's in Vietnam.

The light MG role is now taken by the GPMG (Gimpy) of 7.62mm, reputedly a very good weapon indeed but being belt fed isn't much like a Bren.

R.
SH.SC.
Old 09-06-04, 10:59
Vets Dottir

would be fascinating and most appropriate if we
could actually make a real, personal connection with
the 22 May '44 parade.

What I do know, although with no time to investigate
having to do some organisation on the day and host
your rep from the Canadian High Commission; was we
had one vet there who did actually take part in the
parade and. . . . . . . . . . .
R. Said;
He landed in Normandy with the Canadians, being
attached to them!!!!!

One of our members has done an interview and we
also had a professional film crew there making a
record; they interviewed him too. We are hoping this
record may be available on DVD or in the fullness of
time I'll get a tape and burn a DVD myself.

I have a little stock of King's Stone stuff which I'll
put up from time to time.
--------------

Hi R.

Good stuff!!! I hope a DVD and tape become available. Never know who you're standing next to until they tell you... Amazing people. Amazing stories. Small world... even smaller since the Internet

I wonder if anyone has any PHOTOS OF THAT PARADE. Might spot our relatives marching in it? What an exciting thought!

I loved the photo with the memorial and flowers that you posted... and yes, the simple words that said it all.

Carman
Old 09-06-04, 16:19
Senior Forum Member

Default Re: Re: Re. FV's pressie

Quote:
As you know this privately organised memorial to commorate the parade and inspection of 21st Army Group before King George VI on 22 May 1944 was a huge but military only event and as such details are scarce. Of course none of the troops would have known at the time what was to come in a few days hence.

Our best research endeavours suggest it was largely Canadian being well in the area of Canadian only "occupation" although 21st AG was officially composed of British and US troops too. The larger mass of 21st AG was indeed composed of the 1st Canadian Army and reading the extensive composition of 1st Canadian is a real eye-opener.

One large element of the 1st Canadian Army is of course the Royal Winnipeg Rifles, so its not impossible that Carman's uncle Eddie Smith may just possibly have been part of the parade, I'd like to think so, but we'll probably never know.
Carman/Richard;

According to the history of The Canadian Scottish Regiment, King George VI, last inspected the 7th Canadian Infantry Brigade (Royal Winnipeg Rifles, Regina Rifle Regiment and 1st Bn, Canadian Scottish Regiment), before the D-Day landings, near the very end of April 1944, when the entire Brigade was drawn up along a roadway within Movement Control's 'Camp 7', which was located at Hiltingbury Common, five miles south of Winchester. After that, the Bde took part in Exercise "Fabius III", which was a full dress rehearsal for D-Day (Apr 27-7 May 44). The Bde, did march through Southhampton, to the docks for loading for this exercise. After "Fabius III', the Bde returned to Camp 7, were they remained until their various serials left for loading for the actual invasion. I have attached a picture of the Commanding Officer, Royal Winnipeg Rifles and King George VI, taken during the above mentioned Bde inspection. (Apr 44)

Cheers
Attached Images

Old 09-06-04, 17:02
Vets Dottir

Talking Wow.

Mark. You blow my mind with what you come up with and I KNOW the time and work to search through your library house for the books and info online too, scanning, copy-pasting... sit...type type type ... crossed eyes ... you amaze me! And the work you do for others, like me (wink wink) will see that a lot of this stuff is not forgotten. I'll share the essence of this stuff where it makes a difference in peoples ignorance ... with non-military types ... Goodtrade-off huh?

I KNOW this is all a labor of love for you ... well... me too. Love of my Uncle and family, begets love of the soldiers, begets love of knowing what giants sholders we all stand on. And why.

You'll have to excuse my effusiveness here ... Ah heck, forget it, just suck it up!

I'm on a high right now too ... just had news that I can now afford to rent in a better neighborhood! Not an estate, but hey, works for me

Now ... back to your post ... do you happen to know the name of that Commanding Officer with King George VI? Just curious ... I like knowing what my Uncles were up to during that time too.