MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 02-11-09, 03:49
Canadian Rangers

Smile Holidays

Hey All

I wasn't sure where this post should go, so I put it here. I will be in a Beautifull little town called Cobourg in Ont over the christmas holidays, I would love to get together and have coffee with some of the MLU guys in the area. If possible it would be nice to see some of the vehicles and take several thousand photos..lol.

The wife and I also plan to visit the Mint and the War Musuem in Ottawa and take severl thousand more photos.

If anyone is interested in having coffe with someone from the far north west coast let me know.

Gary

M152 CDN
VW Iltis and M101 Trailer

Old 02-11-09, 12:03
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Gracies call for sure..

Hi Gary..
As usual ,as a ROTter (Rusty Old Trucker)volunteer entertainment chairman,you can rest assured that your trip to Ottawa will be not be without a gather up of loyal MLU and Rusty old truckers..at Gracies..unofficial gathering spot ,to which we bring strangers in our land..bearing traces of green rust and grease..
Being in the Christmas season ,full dates and times must be known in time to make the reservations,and for others to make their plans to attend..all info posted for public consumption here at MLU .. at Gracies ,preferable NOT Friday nights..but anytime with enough advanced warning is how it works..a gather up of kindred spirits in Ottawa is a must.
Alex
Old 03-11-09, 03:02

Hi Gary
I am about 20 minutes from Cobourg and would love to go for a coffee with a fellow MLUer. I think we could entice Gough out in the cold if I promised him a free coffee and a donut. We could take you to the Oshawa Museum to look at a few vehicles. Let me know when you will be here and we can work something out between all the family commitments.
Cheers,
Barry

Every twenty minute job is one broken bolt away from a three day ordeal.
Old 03-11-09, 04:40
Mr. HUP

Default Left Coasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_bath_jr View Post
Hey All, ...Cobourg...christmas holidays...The wife and I also plan to visit the Mint and the War Museum in Ottawa and take several thousand more photos. If anyone is interested in having coffee with someone from the far north west coast let me know. Gary
As Alex said, let us know when you will be in Ottawa. The Rotters welcome all MLUers as one of their own. Just make sure you keep your wallet/purse in a safe place if you sit next to Alex...
Old 06-11-09, 01:28
Derek Heuring

Default Something slightly more stout than coffee, I should think.

Quote:
Hey All

I wasn't sure where this post should go, so I put it here. I will be in a Beautifull little town called Cobourg in Ont over the christmas holidays, I would love to get together and have coffee with some of the MLU guys in the area. If possible it would be nice to see some of the vehicles and take several thousand photos..lol.

The wife and I also plan to visit the Mint and the War Musuem in Ottawa and take severl thousand more photos.

If anyone is interested in having coffe with someone from the far north west coast let me know.

Gary

Coffee?!? Gary, haven't you seen pictures the ROTters have taken at Gracie's over the years?
Old 06-11-09, 01:31
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper740 View Post
Coffee?!? Gary, haven't you seen pictures the ROTters have taken at Gracie's over the years?
Speaking of which, when are YOU going to show up for one of these??!!
Old 31-12-09, 00:22
Canadian Rangers

Default Here!!!!!

Hey All

Sorry for being so slack in posting this, however I am in Cobourg now and looking forward to meeting you guys. I am available tomorrow, Sat, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, let me know which is good for you guys, I would love to Hit the ONTR Museum in Oshawa and the museum in Ottawa. Please let me know wich days are best for you.

Gary
M152 CDN

Old 31-12-09, 23:27

Gary's excellent adventure could start Saturday morning if we can get Brian out of bed. I will PM you with some contact phone numbers for Brian and I.
Barry

Old 01-01-10, 17:44
Canadian Rangers

Default Ottawa

OK, so Saturday is booked with Barry and others in Oshawa so that leaves Sunday, Monday, Tuesday open for Ottawa. Just let me know what day is good to see the Guys in Ottawa and go to the museum.

Gary
M152 CDN

Old 01-01-10, 18:29
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Gracies.Call..

Quote:
OK, so Saturday is booked with Barry and others in Oshawa so that leaves Sunday, Monday, Tuesday open for Ottawa. Just let me know what day is good to see the Guys in Ottawa and go to the museum.

Gary
Gary..
Will ask the troops for a parade Monday night for Gracies as the first gather up of the year..Don't know how that will go on short notice but if enough agree can get the booking for the reserved tables today or tomorrow..I would think.
Lets have a show of hands for Monday night..usual time is 17:00 hrs..4th of January...
For Rob..The little hand is on the 5 and the big hand is on the 12..late afternoon..
I can be in..
Anyone else..???
That is Grace O'Malleys Bar and Grill..east end location..

Happy New Year to all.
Hope to see lots of us at Gracies.
Old 02-01-10, 03:36
HUP guy

Default Sunday

Gary, a suggestion for your Sunday -

on Sunday afternoon the Repatriation ceremony for the four Canadian soldiers and the journalist killed in Afghanistan begins at 2 p.m. at CFB Trenton. After leaving Trenton, the procession of five hearses, accompanied by family members, will travel down the Highway of Heroes to the Coroner's Building in Toronto.

You can pay your respects and observe the procession from any of the numerous bridges and overpasses on Highway 401 in the area. Believe me, it is a very moving experience and one that you will not soon forget.

Brian
Old 02-01-10, 14:18
Canadian Rangers

Default Repatriation

Hey Brian

Thank you for the suggestion, I had reserved Sunday for that event I just forgot to put that in my post, I will e on the Ontario St bridge in Cobourg. I was fortunate enouh to hold a BC flag for Lt Nuttall when he came through.

Gary
M152 CDN

Old 03-01-10, 05:14
Canadian Rangers

Default Museum Visit

WOW!!!! what a great visit we had today at the ONTR museum in Oshawa, Thank you to Barry, Brian, Frank, Leo and all the other that made the guided tour through the museum a very memorable event. It was such a great day my wife even had a good time, Thank you very much guys.

I will post pics soon, have to edit them so as not to clog the server.

Gary

M152 CDN

Old 03-01-10, 19:03

Gary, it was great meeting you and your charming wife Celina (sp) yesterday. It's always nice meeting up with fellow MLUers from different areas. I also would like to thank the guys at the museum for giving Gary and Celina the Royal tour. Even though the museum is closed for the winter Frank Moore,
Leo Morin and Dave Mountenay turned on the heat and the lights for Gary. Thanks especially to Hugh who stood out in the cold (-14) and manned the BBQ to provide us with lunch. Have fun with the Rotters in Rottawa and don't sit near that Blair guy. You have been warned!!
Cheers,
Barry