MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 15-02-11, 00:40
AKA Richard Law

Default For sale 1986 Iltis, Ambulance model in ON

I'm not selling it, but trying to help out a friend.

Bought in NB and brought back to Ontario. It is registered, safety certified and plated for ON as an Bombardier Iltis. Sold as is. Currently in Borden but can easily be brought to Ottawa.

Completely restored in the past year at CFSEME by actual vehicle techs, nearly everything under the hood is new, as well as new roof. Inluded in the sale are many spare parts: spark plugs, wires, ignition coils, air filters, crate full of light bulbs, capacitors, axle bolts, body pins, wipers, spare oil pan, vacuum lines, light panel, fuel pump, NS alternator and carb (need to be rebuilt) and many more bits and bobs.

He has the ambulance decals, although they're not on the vehicle now. Manual also included, and PDF copy of all manuals on memory key.

The only current issue is the horn, may be a broken wire, or loose connection, minor rust issues but nothing that can't easily be patched.

Pictures can be found at : http://militarytrucks.ca/for_sale.htm , at the bottom of the page

SOLD

Last edited by Young_Law; 17-02-11 at 19:39.
Old 15-02-11, 13:51
RIP

Sold - pending confirmation
Old 15-02-11, 17:42
AKA Richard Law

As the old man said, sold! That was quick.
Old 16-02-11, 02:16
RIP

Paid for tonight and have the ownership in hand. Came with tons of NOS spares and the possibility of a new-in-the-box spare engine. Possession in the Spring. Paid 3K. Doing the happy dance!!

Old 16-02-11, 07:06

Default Jeep history

Clive,
Is the ISAF stencil original to the vehicle or was it added on for looks.Might have some interesting history to the jeep if original.Do you have the red light to mount on the jeep? Will be nice to just put a plate on and a full tank of gas and away you go!Congratulations.
Regards,Derk.
1943 Bantam T-3 1/4 ton trailer
BSA folding airborne bicycle ser#R5325 (early)
Old 16-02-11, 14:54
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by derk derin View Post
Clive,
Is the ISAF stencil original to the vehicle or was it added on for looks...
Regards,Derk.
Hi Derk,

It's an add-on by the young lad who sold it to me. He served in A'stan (wounded) and applied it to the Iltis.
Clive
Old 16-02-11, 15:30
Senior Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by servicepub View Post
Paid for tonight and have the ownership in hand. Came with tons of NOS spares and the possibility of a new-in-the-box spare engine. Possession in the Spring. Paid 3K. Doing the happy dance!!
Nice purchase, another retirement toy for you to play with . . .
Old 20-02-11, 01:18
carrier mech

Added bonus is that you have a M38A1CDN2 to tow the Iltis home when it quits.
Old 20-02-11, 02:00
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
Added bonus is that you have a M38A1CDN2 to tow the Iltis home when it quits.
Jealousy is rearing its ugly head.
Old 20-02-11, 02:01
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Fedak View Post
Will you be adding a M101 CDN2 trailer; dual antenna masts; whips; radio gear; etc... plus the correct period kit? The never ending story.......

Cheers!
Stuart
Not going to happen. I just want a driver for the 2-3 events that are close enough for me to attend. (insert 'famous last words' here...)
Old 20-02-11, 05:55
carrier mech

Glad you Iltis guys can take the ribbing. I just always loved the Willy's series of Jeeps, and even the M151A2s, although devoid of personality, were at least SMP. Mutts were gutless cross country mind you as was the Iltis. Those two vehicles were more for the highways.

There will be no Iltis for me, ever. I actually have a half triwall of parts I bought at auction for them last summer, but I bought the lot just for some of the trailer parts. The usual Iltis stuff (clutch cables, brake tubes, park brake cable, license plates light....the usual junk) is just waiting for me to take the time to clean out the storage shed and flog them.
Old 21-02-11, 03:59
Terry Warner

I have to agree with Rob. Trained to drive the M38A1 CDN2 and 3, then drove a '74 Pattern Jeep (aka the M151) and drove an Iltis several times in Bosnia, which is ironic because I barely turned a wheel in one in Canada. The '67 Pattern Jeeps have the character of an off-road vehicle. The others, just aren't really - well, you know - Jeeps.

But, Clive you've got a good one there if it was built/rebuilt by CFSEME trained wrenches. These guys would be have access to all the best corporate knowledge to do these the right way. No learning as they go mechanics, with intuition hoping to do it right.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 21-02-11, 04:46

Default Jeep Patterns?

Why are Jeeps still being referred to as Pattern this and Pattern that, when they are M series vehicles? M38A1CDN1, CDN2 or CDN3 correctly spells out what the vehicle was. The M151A2 as Pattern 74, really; so I guess that makes the Iltis a Pattern 86....? Following this Pattern logic, what would the CJ7 or the YJ be called? Why the made-up names?
Old 21-02-11, 16:24
Terry Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Storey View Post
Why are Jeeps still being referred to as Pattern this and Pattern that, when they are M series vehicles? M38A1CDN1, CDN2 or CDN3 correctly spells out what the vehicle was. The M151A2 as Pattern 74, really; so I guess that makes the Iltis a Pattern 86....? Following this Pattern logic, what would the CJ7 or the YJ be called? Why the made-up names?
That Ed is the rivet counter's dilemma. The troops learn what they are taught and tested. The books have full names for everything, but the troops aren't always taught those names. (Who calls an HLVW a Steyr Percheron?) I never heard any soldier call the M151 by that name, and the '67 Pattern was to distinguish the 1950's deliveries from the newer models. What socially self-conscious trooper wants to be singled out as, that smart ass who knows more than the Sergeant?

And just to make things confusing, how often are vehicles with awkward names just called, new something?

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!

Last edited by maple_leaf_eh; 22-02-11 at 04:27.
Old 22-02-11, 00:18
MUTT Guy

In my Troop, we currently have the Cougar, Husky, and Buffalo platforms; none of which are based on the AVGP/Bison Chassis. They are actually MDV, MIV, and MRAP EOD. When we did have the AVGP/Bison versions, most people in my neck of the woods just called them "Boats" or "Fitters".

We also regularly use G Wagons and LUVs, but they are actually an LUVW. From what I gather, the Iltis was also an LUVW (according to EDR), although I never heard it referred to as that during my time under the hood of it trying to find why it wouldn't run (great heater though). For something that required a boost so regularly, you think they would have put the Slave Cable socket in a more convenient spot. They did get that part right on the LSVW.

There are of course the LS, ML, and HL. The HL is particularly full of jargon, like 10 Ton PLS even though the correct name is HLVW MFBT (Medium Floating Bridge Transporter). When we had both the Kenworth PLS and the HLVW PLS, we referred to them as either the 10 or 15 Ton PLS. We also have an HL "HIAB", although i've been recently informed that its not even a "HIAB" brand crane. Too bad Transport even runs an HL "HIAB" course.

The old BBE was a Sealander. The new one is properly called a BBE, but I think its because no one really knows who built them

[Edit] When a buddy of mine who worked at LETE "back in the day" popped over for a beer, he saw my M151A2 in the garage and promptly asked "Where did you get the Roll Over Jeep?".

Some things will never change......

Clive, congrats on the Iltis. Looks like a good runner. Do yourself a favour and start hoarding parts now

Last edited by Scott Bentley; 22-02-11 at 00:26.
Old 26-02-11, 20:41
AKA Richard Law

Stuart,
the seller of the Iltis also had some comms for sale. Complete PRC 75 and bits and bobs; if you happen to be interest I can put you in contact with him?