MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 11-01-18, 14:55

Only changes were the inseam length on the really large sizes. They were too long.

Sorry everyone.
Old 21-02-18, 09:53

Hi all
I'm in France and bought one pixie to Irfan, with a big thanks to Jim who intitiated it all. I'm on the way to order a Denim AFV tank suit. As I have 11 armoured division black bull insignias, I wonder if I can sew them on it's shoulders ? Pixies didn't have any shoulder titles/insignias, but what about the denim oversuits ?
Also I sent to Irfan an original 1943 despatch rider rubberized coton canvas coat I managed to find here in France. It's very heavy, and I asked Irfan if he can make reproductions even not being rubberized: presumably a quite difficult and expensive process to do for him, and also these coats are so heavy and rigid that a lighter version would be more comfortable to wear, especially on a motorbike as I have a despatch Royal Enfield. The important aspects to reproduce being the general shape / pockets and specific accessories like the leg straps that avoid the bottom of the coat to stand up when riding. He's about to make a first copy, and if anyone is interested you can tell him and we'll see how his sample looks like. Thanks
Jean-Marc

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125345...3/14242665329/
Old 03-03-18, 04:53

Talked with Irfan today. He has made up a third denim AFV for me to try on for size. If that fits, then I will post pics and go public with my most personal details of my size..

As Leonardo told the Pope.... "Soon, Soon!'
Old 07-03-18, 17:37
Richard Harrison

So I shouldn't expect mine in the post on the 10th as promised.

__5th Div___46th Div__
1942 Ford Universal Carrier No.3 MkI*
Lower Hull No. 10131
War Department CT54508 (SOLD)
1944 Ford Universal Carrier MkII* (under restoration).
1944 Morris C8 radio body (under restoration).
Old 07-03-18, 19:29

Got the third sample suit from Irfan yesterday. Washed it in hottest water setting and machine dried at the longest and highest heat setting to get shrinkage.

The fit matches the label! He sent me a Large and calls it a size 4/L.

Height 5'9 - 5=10"
Breast 42" - to 44"
Waist 36" - 38"
leg seam 30"

My measurements are close to that, with the exception that I am 5"11.5" tall, ,y usual inseam for Jeans is 31" and my waist at the belt is 38" but bigger above it with "old man's pot belly"

I put it on over underwear and had my wife judge the fir. Keep in mind she is a Union Member of IATSE - the Movie industry costume folks.

She said for me, the sleeves were right, the neck was right - 19", the legs were an inch short, and the overall body length was an inch or so short.

THAT MEANS - for someone who really is the measurements on the label, it is the right fit.

Based on this report, Irfan says he has rescaled the patterns to add for shrinkage and to match the actual size with the label.

He has asked me to spread the word as quickly as I can so he can move forward with the production.

I could wear the third sample to an event, but I plan to order XL to fit my tired old flabby self.
Old 07-03-18, 21:31
Richard Harrison

So do we have to re submit new forms and start over or ?

__5th Div___46th Div__
Lower Hull No. 10131
Old 08-03-18, 01:26

No, checked with Irfan and he says he has what he needs, No one needs to redo their order.
Old 11-04-18, 03:21

Update on project would be much appreciated .
94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 11-04-18 at 04:13.
Old 11-04-18, 13:20
Driver Advance!

Jim can chime in, but I think the sizes have been sorted with Irfan, the first few that were sent out (test) were preshrunk and did not shrink after washing, but I will let Jim give the 100% gospel.
43 Humber AC MK IV F133744 "Vandal" tri-owner
43 A27L Centaur MK III T185481
Old 11-04-18, 21:10

Default Denim Tank Suit news

Hi Folks,
Where do I start...

The development of the suits was slow off the mark as Irfan was sending me test suits to check size and he sent me three prototypes. In the meantime, he was looking for orders.

Based on the reports of a good fabric being made up, and the success of the winter Pixie crewsuits, people placed orders with Irfan.

The sizes have been sorted. The patterns has been made and samples inspected. The fabric has been tested for shrinkage both raw and after the garment has been made. The patterns were changed to allow for extra fabric to be int he cut to allow for a really hot wash and dry.

Irfan has started delivering the suits based on the receipt of the orders.

As of a few moments ago, I asked Irfan about deliveries. I quote "You can post on maple leaf and all people who order they will get his orders end of this month and start of June".

If you have an event coming up and you are worried about having the suit to use for it, I would suggest emailing Irfan directly and explaining the event date. I have seen him work with people to get an order to them.

I suggested to Irfan to try to work more with a handful of stock sizes and - like the real military - have the wearer nip and tuck if they want a custom fit. We have all seen the old jokes about the Army's Two Sizes.

But in this case, you can take a stock size and add an additional 2 inches for legs - tell him the size and add "Tall" or 2 inches in the trunk by asking for the size and "Long".

You may still want to hem the leg cuffs or the sleeve.

SO... Irfan is sending me 20 made up suits to the most common sizes - L, XL, XXL, with some Talls and Longs in there to have here at my home in Pennsylvania. These are for me to sell as a sutler, so I can take mail order or take to regional East coast events I go to. Price is the same as for ordering from Irfan - US$150 +postage.

European and Asian orders need to still go directly to Irfan. Payment to Irfan as described in the order forms.

ALL Bespoke (custom orders) will still need to go to Irfan, but yes, you can have one made to fit non-standard sizes. Work directly with Irfan on such custom work. That is not in my wheel-house!

If you have already ordered your suit will be made before the batch of 20. So stay the course with Irfan on those.

I will fill new orders from this continent.
Old 12-04-18, 10:49
Lew Skelton

Default cheers

thanks for the update Jim
Old 12-04-18, 14:35

Hi Jim, is there a web URL for Irfan? I tried google but keep running into image viewers..thanks!
Old 12-04-18, 23:03

Thanks for the update Jim.
94 LSVW
Old 12-04-18, 23:04

Thanks for the update.
94 LSVW
Old 14-04-18, 02:27

PM sent Jim
Old 29-05-18, 01:35

Default Great

Jim,

Just received my tank suit today. Fits well, good reproduction. My thanks for you taking the initiative to make this possible.

Peter
Old 31-05-18, 13:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markwin Serlui View Post
Hi Jim, is there a web URL for Irfan? I tried google but keep running into image viewers..thanks!
anyone have the web adress for IRFan? thnx!
Old 31-05-18, 15:29

Default Email address

Markwin,

Don’t have a URL for Ifran, but this is his email address
Peter

Last edited by Hanno Spoelstra; 31-05-18 at 22:26. Reason: Edited email address for spam control
Old 31-05-18, 22:21
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markwin Serlui View Post
anyone have the web adress for IRFan? thnx!
Irfan Ali is an MLU member, see his profile for ways of contacting him:
http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/member.php?u=12979

HTH,
Hanno
Old 05-07-18, 00:40

Default Denim AFV Crewsuits - Sizes

Hi Folks,

I received a batch of 20 suits from Irfan a couple of weeks ago and finally had time to check through them.

The intent is to pre-stage some common sizes here in the US so it woudl be cheaper on the postage for folks ordering from the US and Canada.

Cost is US $150 plus $15 Postage (If it is more, I will let you know)

The attachment shows photos of me in t-shirt and jeans (baseline) and then with a Large and an extra Large on.

Also provided is my measurements taken by a professional tailor. You can judge for your self how it fits me, and your own size.

You should know that irfan is selling to Jerry Lee's What Price Glory store and he has added a markup. Can't complain... he is a business... But if you order from Iran and I send it to you, you will get it cheaper.

Jerry will swap suits if you have fit issues. So will Irfan and me. If a suit needs to be swapped, then we are both eating the postage costs. - you to send me the bad suit, and me to send you a second suit.

I have 20 suits here - Large, Large Long, XL, XL Long, XXXL, and a single XXXXL.

Payment - send me a Paypal for US $165 and that should cover the postage and materials as well. If it is short significantly, I will contact you to adjust and confirm. That is for the cheapest, slowest method. Extra if you need FedX or overnight. usual stuff....

Paypal is "renactr2@aol.com"

If I am out of your size, we fall back to ordering from Irfan. If these fly off the shelf, then I expect irfan will send me another batch.

Sorry this is all a bit of a dog's breakfast... I am not really in the business as a vedor.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf size comparisons and Me.pdf (312.0 KB, 52 views)
Old 05-07-18, 02:26

Hi Jim . I ordered a XL from Irfan a long while ago ( 19 Dec 17 ) . Is he behind in his deliveries ? Cheers . Bob
94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 11-07-18 at 00:04.
Old 05-07-18, 02:51

Robert, if you already paid him, send me your postal address and i will send you one.
PM me with address...
Old 06-07-18, 13:23
Adrian Barrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bergeron View Post
Hi Jim . I ordered a XL from Irfan a long while ago . Is he behind in his deliveries ? Cheers . Bob
I haven't been having much luck either.

Irfan chased me continuously for an order after I expressed an interest, I gave him the sizes and paid in March.
He told me I would get them in May. That tuned into 'by 10th June at the latest'.
The he says he lost the measurements for one suit.
I resent and he promised me by end of June.
He then promised to send them by Monday and I would get them this week.
He now does not answer messages or emails.........
Old 06-07-18, 14:40
Richard Harrison

Shaun, John and myself received ours no issues around three months ago now I think.

I did maintain regular contact with Irfan via FB though.

__5th Div___46th Div__
Lower Hull No. 10131
Old 07-07-18, 20:38

Another update....

Brief email from Irfan... he is out of the country until this weekend for their long Eid holiday. He said NOT to send the three of you waiting, suits from the "pre-positioned" stock, as he would ship yours directly. He has them waiting for him to get back.

For new orders for North America, I just had a shock when a single 3.7 pound coverall to Canada cost $37.25 USD.

Orders in the States will be cheaper.

Just so you all know....
Old 10-07-18, 20:23

OK, the postage costs inside the US is $8.25, with 2-3 day deliver.

To Canada, it is $37.25. For both add in $2.25 for the mail envelope cost.

To the UK it would be $61.00! Cheaper to order directly from Irfan and use DHL!!!
Old 10-07-18, 20:52
Adrian Barrell

But only if you actually ever receive them....
Old 17-07-18, 14:25
Adrian Barrell

Suits arrived today. The easiest bit was the shipping......
Despite Irfan telling me he had dispatched them on Monday 9th of July and giving me the tracking number, the lack of apparent progress was not due to the DHL computers as he claimed but to the fact that he actually only sent them on Saturday 14th on a completely different number. So two and a bit days door to door is pretty good! Especially as he sent them to my address this time, unlike the previous order for pixie suits which went somewhere else altogether.....

After many promises and excuses and not a few misleading statements, he came good in the end, albeit two months later than promised.

The quality is excellent, but the path leading to delivery is filled with frustration.

For anybody else considering an order, my advice is, go ahead but keep the pressure on and expect to get a delivery somewhat later than promised!
Old 17-07-18, 17:49

Agree. I have encouraged Irfan to take a picture of the shipping document and email to people for all orders. (and to copy me so I can try to provide some measure of oversight)

I have had recent conversations about a need to improve his "customer service and order fullfillment" processes. One "awshit" wipes out a lot of "attaboys".
Old 17-07-18, 20:46

I picked up one of these suits from Jim last week. I’m very happy with it. The fabric is great. The stitching is pretty good. I went with the 3XL as a Jim recommended going one size larger. I have to say though that what the advertised size is sure isn’t what the fit is.

The size on the label was

Size 7/ 3XL
height 6’3” - 6’4”
Breast 54”-56”
Waist 48”-50”
Leg seam 31”

I’m 6’2” with a 50” chest and a 40” waist

I found the suit a very good fit. So just be aware that his stuff is smaller then what the label says. The leg inseam was bang on though.

I did find the metal collar tabs could be stitched on better. There is minimal thread holding them on and the seam has been left open. It’s no biggie as it’s simple to hand stitch them closed. The suit comes with dark green plastic buttons. They are quite functional although I’m not sure how close to the originals they are.

Overall I’m very very happy to now have this in my vehicle wardrobe for events. I’ve also got the Pixie Suit that was made last year. I’d like to publicly thank Jim for stepping forward and actually making this happen along with Ifran. It’s nice to finally have quality and accurate period British Commonwealth clothing
Attached Thumbnails
6D257A8C-CB72-4106-AD27-D55795ED0BE2.jpeg   CD72250A-6565-49FC-B7E5-3E6958078C77.jpeg   C57681CD-341C-4591-AE41-6DD04C4CDEE1.jpeg  
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer