MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 07-10-23, 04:31
Lionel G. Evans

Default Any Tarzan TV show fans with box sets out there?

Hello All,

Firstly, the Sergeant's Mess is described as a place where the content of a post does not seem to fit anywhere else. So here goes...

Are any of you fans of the screened in colour Tarzan TV show from the mid to late 1960s? If so do you have a boxed set version of the series - if one such thing was released for sale?

I remember as a kid watching an episode where Jai develops a fever and needs to have some form of life threatening - for Tarzan and Jai intervention. While Tarzan is off battling to find the cure Jai is back inside a hut battling for life. During this battle a local medicine man beats on a drum. The first beats are very rapid in their rhythm to match Jai's escalated heart beat. Slowly the rhythm of the drum reduces and Jai's heart beat slows down to match the drumbeat.

According to a little bit of research that provides a description of each episode it could either be...

"Tarzan" Village of Fire (TV Episode 1966) - IMDb
Jai is scratched by an infected jaguar becoming sick but Dr. Haru has developed an antidote. Bwanichi, a tribal medicine man, doesn't trust the new ways and steals it. Tarzan must battle a giant clam plus a fire to help Jai. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0718003

"Tarzan" A Life for a Life (TV Episode 1966) - IMDb
Tarzan and Rao race against time trying to track down two donors who can save Jai's life after he is bitten by a poisonous spider. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0717948

From the dates of the two episodes Jai had a really bad year in 1966!

I could only find these two episodes where Jai could be treated by a medicine man beating on a drum from the searches I have performed. Hopefully it is a sufficiently narrow field for some one with access to the series to be able to confirm which episode it was.

My PhD is on disability and wellbeing. My research findings included how some participants used music to soothe themselves. They controlled the music at starting at very loud, rapid rhythm heavy bass music that decreased in rhythm and volume as they settled down. When I was typing this up from their interview transcripts I had a flashback to the old episode of Tarzan that I saw as a kid, while I lay on the lounge room floor glued to the TV. It would be great if someone could assist me to track the exact episode down as I would like to buy a copy of it.

No, I could not find the episodes on YouTube.. I did find this though - just play it to trigger some memories ... accessed 7th October 2023 from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e4Ct_7otnQ

Kind regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2

Last edited by Lionelgee; 07-10-23 at 04:46.
Old 07-10-23, 10:41

It has been released on DVD:
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarzan_(1966_TV_series)#Home_media
On March 13, 2012, Warner Bros. released Tarzan: Season 1, Part 1 & Tarzan: Season 1, Part 2 on DVD in region 1 via their Warner Archive Collection manufacture-on-demand service.[2][3] The second season was released complete on September 17, 2013.[4]
Region 1 is North America, so if you live elsewhere (like Australia) you may have trouble playing DVDs from there, depending on how you do that.

Ah, and they’re not expensive: Amazon has season 1 for about US$25–30 and season 2 for about US$40. Of course, if you buy them there, there’s the question of how much shipping will cost, not to mention whether they’re willing to mail them to you at all.
Old 07-10-23, 11:29
Lionel G. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakko Westerbeke View Post
It has been released on DVD:

Region 1 is North America, so if you live elsewhere (like Australia) you may have trouble playing DVDs from there, depending on how you do that.

Ah, and they’re not expensive: Amazon has season 1 for about US$25–30 and season 2 for about US$40. Of course, if you buy them there, there’s the question of how much shipping will cost, not to mention whether they’re willing to mail them to you at all.
Hello Jakko,

Thank you for your post, Jakko. I checked Amazon and the series here costs $268.78. I simply do not like Tarzan that much!

Kind regards
Lionel
Old 08-10-23, 11:00

You could look into what it costs to send from the USA, but chances are it wouldn’t be much cheaper than buying locally …

I also kind of doubt you’re going to find a show that old on torrent sites. Checking one just now, all I find is a series from 2017.
Old 28-03-24, 04:32

Default Answer Found....

Well Lionel.....I can't believe we/you watched some of this "stuff". Okay, I have it here, starring Ron Ely, but you are going to have to PM me in private, as I will instruct you how to get it "down under". This is not for public disclosure!

Amen....Robert
Old 28-03-24, 10:37
Lionel G. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.morrison View Post
Well Lionel.....I can't believe we/you watched some of this "stuff". Okay, I have it here, starring Ron Ely, but you are going to have to PM me in private, as I will instruct you how to get it "down under". This is not for public disclosure!

Amen....Robert
Hello Robert,

Thunderbirds are Go!!! I have sent you a PM.

Kind regards
Lionel
Old 28-03-24, 18:58

Default The Saga Begins....

PM sent.
Old 02-04-24, 22:48

Default Anyone home???

Are you there Lionel? Check your PM. Robert