MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 20-11-05, 20:31
aka C. Mark Perry (CMP)

And thanks to Phil, as always, too.
Old 21-11-05, 02:43

Default Oh Wise one.....

Phil..... can you tell us how you manage to get 3 pictures in one posting....... ytou must be doing something at your end to merge 3 pictures into one...... I am using ACDC and Joyce has Photoshop care to share your secret.....

Bob C
Canada
Old 21-11-05, 16:24

Default Re: Oh Wise one.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Carriere
Phil..... can you tell us how you manage to get 3 pictures in one posting....... ytou must be doing something at your end to merge 3 pictures into one...... I am using ACDC and Joyce has Photoshop care to share your secret.....

Bob C
Yup the trick is simple I use photo shop set the canvas width to 400 pix and then as long as you like. Then you open photos you want paste reduce them to 400 pix wide copy and paste to the empty canvas area.
Attached Thumbnails
how to make strip of pictures.jpg  
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com
Old 08-02-06, 23:02
Mr. HUP

Default Hello Frantisek!

Quote:
Originally posted by Frantisek Nachlinger
... here is one pic. how to mount the seat... I found orig. inner and outer handles and Ivan made a form and now he can make as many handles as he wants to, so if you (anybody) needed handles to this truck, it is no proble...)
I was just reviewing this thread and it struck me that we have not heard too much from you lately. You provided some great pictures of the the 45 HUP rear jump seat. Is it possible for you to take some more photos for us poor seat-starved Canadians?

In particular, I am looking for the following photos:

-close up of the seat legs
-close up of the seat legs retaining device
-a shot of the legs deployed in the down position from straight on
-a shot of the legs deployed in the up position from straight on
-close up of the other side of the seat where it attaches to the wall; and if possible
-photos of the bench seat cushions.

I am also interested in the cost for the inner handles. Do you have a price in mind?

Please say hello to your friends for us, and let them know that yours and their efforts are well appreciated by this Canadian HUP owner.

Thank you,

Rob
Old 09-02-06, 04:47

Default How do you find.....

Phil

Playing with PhotoShop 7.0.....

Where do you go to find the "canvas" in the first place???

Sorry for being so dum but computers are not simple like CMPs.

Bob C.
Canada
Old 09-02-06, 04:59

Default Re: How do you find.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Carriere
Phil

Playing with PhotoShop 7.0.....

Where do you go to find the "canvas" in the first place???

Sorry for being so dum but computers are not simple like CMPs.

Bob C.
You can find set the canvas size in two locations, first under file new and second under image icons in the menu bar.
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com
Old 05-01-08, 21:36

Default Again!:)

Hello Guys, here is one old photo from 1980.. of course 1C11 body. see ya!
Attached Thumbnails
È.krumlov 1980.jpg  
Old 07-01-08, 14:32

Default Re: Hello Frantisek!

Hello ROB!
I am very sorry, I haven't seen your post, it was lost in the middle of the Photoshop discusion

So:1st, the only bench seat cushions anybody here knew about were Ivan's - from the red seat you have seeen here on the photo - but they were totally wrecked. Now I have called him - he does not have any rest of it anymore, but remembers how it looked like - it was very very close to the seats that Dodge Command car has - with the diference, that the canvas of the "underass" cushion, with the springs in, was nailed from the down side to the wooden desk (not to a metal plate as it s on Commander) and this wooden plate was olted down (again form the down side) with 4 or 6 screws to the seat construction. The "behing-back" cushion was the one as is on the Commander , made exactly to pass on the metal plate, that is there on the backrest. How to fix the seat to the car? we still do not know exactly how the "rails" for it looked like, but, for 99%, it was the same as is on the front seats, just extended.

2nd-The rear jump seats photos - I have had a car crash last month, so I do not any car to go to Ivan, 80Kms far.. I could only take some photos of our 1C11s - but we do not have any seats in the back part of the body..

now I have called to Ivan to ask about the Handles, 3 or 4 years ago he made a lot of replicas of both - outside and inside ones ( Remember that the outside handles are absolutely different form any other WWII military car) he still has the aluminium stereos (casts), but not finished - he said it is going to be finished sometimes in Spring, he has a lot of things to do now, with his Ward la France and Amphibious Jeep.. he said that the value of one handle is -+ 20 USD..

on the forum "CMPs in the Czech republic" we are talking about grill covers etc. if you would like to see...as I told you there, somewhere I have the original canvas darking curtain into the windows of the PERS3, you may be interested..

How your renovation goes? the truck photo here was yours, wasn't it? Do you have any photos?

so, if anybody needed any photos of PERS3(orig, unrenovated condition-no seats in) let me know... probably you would need the TABLE photos, or do you have tables in your cars? you will have to wait some weeks for the jump seats photos... Rob, if you wanted, I can send you the benchseat-legs dimensions, or some drawing, too... ( metric dimensions, of course )

so have a nice day, fellas
Frankie

P.S.-
Dear Mr. Waterman
I was looking on your website, really great cars.. Well done!
Attached Thumbnails
pers3.jpg  

Last edited by Frantisek Nachlinger; 07-01-08 at 14:40.
Old 09-01-08, 18:19
Mr. HUP

Default Re: Re: Hello Frantisek!

FN - So:1st, the only bench seat cushions.
RHC - There was a set of cushions for sale in Winnipeg last year and photos were posted on this forum. They do not look too difficult to replicate, and your info on their make up is very helpful.

FN - 2nd-The rear jump seats photos - I have had a car crash last month...
RHC - I hope your accident was not too serious and hope for a fast recovery. The rear jump seat photos you provided in the past are detailed enough for us Rotters to duplicate.

FN - now I have called to Ivan to ask about the Handles,.. he said that the value of one handle is -+ 20 USD...
RHC - The price sounds reasonable, as long as the handles are good duplicates made of good metal - they get a lot of stress and break easy. A photo of the cast handle would be appreciated.

FN - on the forum "CMPs in the Czech republic" we are talking about grill covers etc. if you would like to see...
RHC - We have a few NOS covers at the barn.

FN - as I told you there, somewhere I have the original canvas darking curtain into the windows of the PERS3, you may be interested..
RHC - I am interested as my curtains are in rough shape and I may be missing some of them.

FN - How your renovation goes?
RHC - Slowly. I am taking the time to do things correctly - I have learned that haste makes waste. As I only get out to the barn once a week, progress is measured in small units. Nonetheless, the only hold up to reassembly is the fitting of a new exhaust system. I hope to resolve that issue by springtime.

FN - if anybody needed any photos of PERS3(orig, unrenovated condition-no seats in) let me know...
RHC - All photos would be greatly appreciated - you have the incredible good luck of having access to more 45 HUPs than anyone I know!

FN - probably you would need the TABLE photos, or do you have tables in your cars?
RHC - I have a table, but your photos would be welcome.

FN, if you want, I can send you the benchseat-legs dimensions, or some drawing, too... ( metric dimensions, of course)
RHC - YES! Please send the dimensions. Can you tell us the manufacturing dates for the HUPS you have in your country?

FN - so have a nice day, fellas.
RHC - Every day is a good day in the CMP hobby!

Keep those photos coming. I really appreciate the information and photos you post.
Old 27-03-18, 11:55

Default Seat

........ten years later adding info to post #26......

According to Clive Laws book the commander's seat is really the one Ivan has - most probably the sole survivor

BTW I still haven's found anybody who would have a C-8A-04 Parts list, Stefan Leegwater has just -01, -02 and -03 and I do not know about aby bigger archive...
Attached Thumbnails
SEAT Clive Law.jpg   WP_20170130_22_14_56_Pro.jpg   WP_20170130_22_43_51_Pro.jpg   benchseat-front.jpg  
Attached Images

Last edited by Frantisek Nachlinger; 27-03-18 at 21:55.
Old 02-06-20, 22:15
MLU Administrator

Default Chevrolet C8A Heavy Utility Staff car

"Heavy Utility 4x4 Staff Car Role":

https://issuu.com/mechinf/docs/ww2_c...17cfc634d8299f

Edit: use https://www.robsonmartins.com/content/info/fpubd/ to create a pdf version of this document
Old 03-06-20, 08:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanno Spoelstra View Post
"Heavy Utility 4x4 Staff Car Role":
Totally awesome, thank you Hanno!
one of only few photos of the middle bench seat I have ever seen.