MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Old 06-07-08, 18:16
'40 Ford F8, 4 x 2

Default F8 truck bed removal

Saw this thread this am and read it over to see what the various techniques were that were used to do this removal. Here's a variation on those posted:

I backed my double-axle car hauler trailer up to the rear of the truck and used a hand winch to pull the bed off the truck. When the bed was at the teeter point I put a hand made 4-wheeled (4" swivel wheels) dolly under the end so that it could ride on the dolly. We then continued to pull the bed off onto the trailer until it fell free of the truck frame. Continued to pull it to the front of the trailer until it was balanced over the trailer wheels. Took two of us to do it. Worked well with no problems!

Regards,
Jim
Old 18-10-08, 13:11
Alan Bumford

Default New Compressor

Finally got a compressor to run the blast tank off, also some air tools rekon we done more in a couple of hours with a impact gun ran off the compressor than we had done in a long while. Any suggestions as to the best medium to run in the cabinet ?
Attached Images

Old 10-08-09, 20:02
Alan Bumford

Default Chassis Painting

Hoping to have my chassis shot blasted next week weather permitting (UK) i will need to get some paint on it pretty quick a etch primer i think i will need first. Any ideas as to what is the best product and how much i will possibly need for a F60S with the axles still in situ ?
Old 19-08-09, 23:31
Alan Bumford

Default Shotblasting Chassis

Finally got round to getting a chassis shotblasted yesterday we only just managed to get some etch primer on before it got dark, i'm well pleased with the results it really is worth the money. Whilst the shotblaster was doing his thing we had a look at a couple of WW2 pillboxes on the farm built as a defensive line if the UK was invaded.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00089.jpg   DSC00091.jpg   DSC00086.jpg  
Old 20-08-09, 05:28

Default Chassis number

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick View Post
Any ideas as to where i might find the chassis number, i believe its around 1944 build date but the door plate is missing. I will need something so i can get it registered here in the UK. The military vehicle trust will verifiy its age but a chassis number would be useful.
On a Ford the chassis number is actually the engine number. It may be stamped on top of the right hand chassis rail in the vicinity of the motor mount. It may be easy to see now that the frame has been cleaned.
Old 22-08-09, 15:38
Alan Bumford

Default Etch Primer

Reckon we have used the best part of 8 litres of etch it is looking a bit desert looking at the moment but the primer going on next is grey !
Attached Thumbnails
Picture 001.jpg   Picture 002.jpg