MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 05-01-05, 06:18

Default WTB Deactivated guns of WWII WTB

hey guys. I'm new on here. Great forum, its cool to see theres stuff like this in Canada. im in Winnipeg, MB.
I've been making movies for a while now, and am makigna big WWII production this summer.
I am looking for ANY deactivated or replica small arms (pistols, rifles, bazookas, mortars ect...) from WWII.
I tried contacting Collectors source but I get no reply.
I have a fair amount of money to spend on guns, so please respond if you have any guns you are looking to sell, or know any sources.
Only serious sellers please.

Thanks,
any replied apprecheated.

-Matt
Tallman House Pictures
Old 05-01-05, 15:39
carrier mech

Matt
I can supply deactivated mk2 stens, as many as you would probably need. Can also coordinate with some persons local to you to find other deactivated weapons.
My understanding with regard to collectors source, is that Al, the guy who answers the e-mails, is currently touring Mexico and should be back soon.
PM me if you want more info.

Rob
Old 06-01-05, 00:29

thanks Rob, please check your PM.

Does anyone else have/know sources of deactivated or replica weaponry in canada?

Thanks
Old 07-01-05, 05:32
Dave Demorrow

check out my web site for replica weapons, more going into production all the time.
dave

www.alleramilitaria.com
42 6LB GUN
and the list keeps growing, and growing.... i need help LOL
Old 08-01-05, 18:55

but you cant get replica weapons into Canada can you?
Old 08-01-05, 19:43
Dave Demorrow

i have not had any problems so far. as long as i dont use any real parts i have been told im ok. just like in the US i need to place a orange plug in the end.

dave
42 6LB GUN
Old 08-01-05, 23:36
carrier mech

A company liscenced for providing guns to movies can import replica firearms, but others may not. Replicas are otherwise a prohibited item in Canada now, although dewats are not. They cannot be manufactured, sold or traded and can only be retained by those in posession of them back when this batch of laws took effect (98 I believe). There are even storage and transportation regulations applicable to replicas (but again, not to dewats). Mind you they are not registered so no-one realy knows where they are
The orange plug thing is a US requirement and not Canadian.
Apparently (although argueably) this includes water guns, airsoft pistols, and even blank firing pistols; as long as they look like a gun.
Old 09-01-05, 00:40
Dave Demorrow

rob you are 100% right about replica guns, its kinda a stupid law. does that include mortars like the ones i have? solid wood.
dave
42 6LB GUN
Old 09-01-05, 02:51
carrier mech

Dave
Actually, thats where we have the advantage over you guys. Here in Canada mortar launchers are not considered a destructive device like they are in the US. It is legal here to own them live, although some of the ammunition types will fall under controls. Nor do we have to register them; they are not considered a firearm here. So to that end, I can't see why customs would control a wooden version of them (although the import of live ones do require a permit from DFAIT and would require an export permit from the US).
An item like the airsoft MP40 would fall into the prohibited category though.
A better guy to talk to on this subject would be Clive Law, who also is a occasional visitor to this forum.

I have a 2" British mortar launcher (actually it's a New Zealand Radio Corp manufactured model) which I have fired. What a hoot. Only problem is that it shoots the mortars so far I end up losing them.
Old 09-01-05, 04:19
T-16, C15A

Default 2 Inches of Fun

Quote:
Originally posted by rob love
I have a 2" British mortar launcher (actually it's a New Zealand Radio Corp manufactured model) which I have fired. What a hoot. Only problem is that it shoots the mortars so far I end up losing them.
Rob,

I also have a 2 inch mortar. It looks like a 28 ga. shotshell makes it go off - what sort of charge do you use?

Stewart
Old 09-01-05, 05:17
carrier mech

Yes, it was a 28 guage Eley brand. You can use a shotgun shell but you have to remove the pellets of course. Top up the remaining area with blackpowder. The guys I bought mine from (K&M) said they would use teabags full of blackpowder around the fins to give it extra charge but I have never done this.
I actually have always gone with the proper ballistite cartridge. If you check at the gunshows with the cartridge collectors, especially the shotgun shell collectors, they occasionally have them.
One book I had on ordnance said that the ballistite was comprised of 65% nitro, but I really don't know much on these things. I can tell you that ear defenders wouldn't be overdoing it when you do fire it. Much louder than you would expect.
Old 09-01-05, 07:56
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Some thirty years ago, we used to shoot 4 1/2 lb cast-iron training bombs out of a WW2 U.S. 60mm mortar using (I think) 20 ga shotgun shells loaded with black powder. They went approx 200 yards at about 60 degrees of elevation. Fair sport, especially after consuming a half a case of beer...

Oh boy, could I tell you stories about that time..
Old 09-01-05, 10:51
In Vino Veritas

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
.....Oh boy, could I tell you stories about that time..

Weeellllll?do tell... chorus " Why are we waiting, Whyyy are we waiting, whyyyy are we wai ai ting, why why why...."

you are very near to buying the round if you don't pipe up!

Sean
NO.1 Loosehead
M38CDN 1952
Other stuff
Old 09-01-05, 16:47
RIP

Default Maybe!!Yes maybe??

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Some thirty years ago, we used to shoot 4 1/2 lb cast-iron training bombs out of a WW2 U.S. 60mm mortar using (I think) 20 ga shotgun shells loaded with black powder. They went approx 200 yards at about 60 degrees of elevation. Fair sport, especially after consuming a half a case of beer...

Oh boy, could I tell you stories about that time..
Could you see GWB launching empties from his Two-Four using the mortar!!Just a thought.
Old 09-01-05, 18:30
Dave Demorrow

i have found a cache of real WWII 2 in bomb bodies in good shape (deact) if interested.

dave
42 6LB GUN
Old 09-01-05, 21:10
T-16, C15A

Default The Big Bang Theory

Quote:

I actually have always gone with the proper ballistite cartridge. If you check at the gunshows with the cartridge collectors, especially the shotgun shell collectors, they occasionally have them.
Rob,

Thanks for the info.

At this mornings gun show I grabbed a box of ballistite .303, and fondled a MkI Enfield grenade launcher rifle. [ As a sidenote - is $250 CDN about right for these guns? ]

I have never seen the 28 ga. blanks - but I have never looked either. Thanks for the warning about taking the pellets out of the loaded ammo - I bet that you would only do that ONCE!

Does your little mortar 'drop fire' or does your firing mechanism still function? Mine is more than a litle rusty - but I expect that it is simple inside.

Thanks,

Stewart
Old 10-01-05, 00:14
carrier mech

Stewart
Mine has the full trigger mech. The K&M ones were brought in live while the collectors source ones all had the firing pin cut. The firing pin does not remain protruded on most mortars so to test them you put a dime over the firing pin hole and click the mechanism. If the dime goes up to the roof it's OK. Randy, the guy at the store I bought it at, used his finger instead of the dime and got to do entertain us with a little dance while holding his finger.
Because the pin does not protrude, I'm not sure you could drop fire them, unless you fix the pin in a protruded position. Even then I'm not certain the mortar would drop with enough force.
$250 for the gun with the launcher cup is a good price. $250 just for the gun is a little high if it's an Ishapore but OK if it's a Brit or Oz.
Dave :
How about posting some more info on the 2" bombs?
Old 10-01-05, 00:57
Dave Demorrow

i think i can get about 50 without nose caps, and 50 with in great shap, they are late war OZ versions,
PM me for more info
42 6LB GUN
Old 10-01-05, 05:01

Quote:
Matt
I can supply deactivated mk2 stens, as many as you would probably need. Can also coordinate with some persons local to you to find other deactivated weapons.
My understanding with regard to collectors source, is that Al, the guy who answers the e-mails, is currently touring Mexico and should be back soon.
PM me if you want more info.

Rob
Um...drool...drool...oops, pardon me!!

Jonathan
1942 F15 Cab 13 1500cwt GS (soon)

MVPA #13182
Prairie Command
Old 10-01-05, 06:12
carrier mech

Jonathon said:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonathan

Sorry Jonathon, but while we can't have replicas, you southern folk can't have deactivated guns. The US rules call for a solid receiver. I can sell these to anyone with a sufficient number of loonies ($) as long as they are in Canada.
Old 10-01-05, 16:08

Quote:
Jonathon said:

Jonathan

Sorry Jonathon, but while we can't have replicas, you southern folk can't have deactivated guns. The US rules call for a solid receiver. I can sell these to anyone with a sufficient number of loonies ($) as long as they are in Canada.

Errrrr how many loonies would that be?

I gave away (yes, gave away) my functional one when the laws changed last. (along with my FN, Webley .455, No1, No4, No5, Hi Power, etc etc etc I'll stop before I cry....) Id love to start replacing them with dewats.
Old 10-01-05, 18:14
carrier mech

Keith:
My prices vary depending on the maker and dates. For example:
British made mkII = $250
Cdn LongBranch (some 1944, all 1945 dates) with the Chinese script=$275
Cdn LongBranch mkII 1942,43 (and occasioanlly 44) dated (no Chinese script)=$300
All the stens after about the mid 11L serial range have the Chinese script even though they remained in Cdn (or British) service. Occasionally the British made ones will have the C/l\ on them.
All come with one deactivated magazine. and usually a loopstock although T stocks are usually available on request.
I also have available (to purchasers of guns) loading tools, broken shell extractor,slings, pullthroughs, cleaing rods, Cdn para grip etc.
I can also make a pretty good mock-up of the mkII(S). This includes a dummy silencer, canvas cover, and the bolt turned down like the origional. These will run $350.
I will ship only to Cdn addresses only. PM me if yoou want more details.
Old 11-01-05, 06:16
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Default Re: The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally posted by Stewart Loy
Rob,

Does your little mortar 'drop fire' or does your firing mechanism still function? Mine is more than a litle rusty - but I expect that it is simple inside.

Thanks,

Stewart
Indeed, attached is pic of the simple mechanism.
Attached Thumbnails
scan10002.jpg  
Old 11-01-05, 06:25
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Default Rifle grenade cartridges

Quote:
Originally posted by Stewart Loy
At this mornings gun show I grabbed a box of ballistite .303, and fondled a MkI Enfield grenade launcher rifle.

Stewart
I've got a few tins of Ballistite grenade blanks and Ballistite is also widely used as a propellant in mortars, Bofors rounds, and base ejection 25pdr shells and god knows what else. But I also have several tins of WALSRODE rifle grenade blanks and have never heard or seen reference to this propellant. I originally thought it might be the place of manufacture, but it definately refers to the type of propellant. Has anyone else come across this before?
Attached Thumbnails
img_0973.jpg