MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 21-04-06, 12:32

Default JTF2 Action Figures?

I heard on the radio this morning (CJAD) that a company in Kinston Ont. came out with two 12” JTF2 action figures. I haven’t found any more info about this on line, as yet. Dose anyone know any more details?
Old 22-04-06, 06:03
M38A1 CDN3

Where the hell is Kinston, Ontario?
Old 22-04-06, 13:16

Geeeez, I guest that someone forgot the “g” in Kingston. Well it’s not my fault. After all I am from K-bec, sometimes known as Lower Canada. Also it was 6 in the morning when I typed it. Or maybe I will do what the banks do and blame the computer. That’s it, it was the computer. No no no, I am sure that I put the “g” there. Wait it must have being the dog. The dog ate it, after all he will eat anything.

I still have not found any info about the JTF2 action figures. So maybe I was only dreaming when I heard about it on the radio so early in the morning.
Attached Thumbnails
dog001.jpg  
Old 22-04-06, 14:00
Senior Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
Where the hell is Kinston, Ontario?
....... South East of Snowen Sound..... make your way down to the 401 and go east, you can't miss it.......but at your age......
Old 23-04-06, 05:28
M38A1 CDN3

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark W. Tonner
....... South East of Snowen Sound..... make your way down to the 401 and go east, you can't miss it.......but at your age......
Smart ass!

Good to see that you're still alive and kickin'.

Wanna go to Caledonia and kick some ass, like 1RCR should have done at Ipperwash?

...or is that too Politically Correct upon which to comment? :dh:

Apologies to non GTA MLUers: this is in reference to a current serious native affairs issue.

John: JTF2 Action Figures are available in 120 mm scale. I recently saw them advertised in a Brit mag.
Old 23-04-06, 14:54

Default Found it.

JTF-2: They've got dolls
Chris Wattie, National Post
Published: Friday, April 21, 2006

The commandos of Canada's elite Joint Task Force 2 (JTF-2) have achieved a milestone in the world of special forces units: they have their own action figures.
A Kingston-area military modeller has commissioned a pair of 12-inch, hand-made and detailed toy soldiers dressed in typical commando uniforms, the first time a Canadian army unit has been the model for its own action figure.
"The guys think it's kind of neat," said Lieutenant (Navy) Walter Moniz, the spokesman for the secretive special forces unit.
"But beyond that I don't think they give it much thought ... This is the sort of thing we've come to expect: As the unit's history and reputation builds, it's going to attract this kind of attention," Lieut. Moniz said.
The two figures were produced from scratch for a collectors' convention to be held in Kingston, Ont., this summer and organizer Scott Dommitt said they will be raffled off, with the proceeds going to the War Amps charity.
"We wanted to do something special and we wanted it to be Canadian," he said in an interview from his Amherstville, Ont., hobby business. "There's that mystique about special forces."
The two figures, which Mr. Dommitt calls "prototypes," were made by a British modeller, William Pryce-Thomas, and donated for the Great Canadian Action Figure Convention set for this Aug. 19 and 20.
The toy soldiers depict members of JTF-2 "as they would have appeared early in the Afghanistan conflict," he said.
Mr. Dommitt acknowledged, however, that getting the necessary information to create the two intricately detailed models was an uphill struggle. JTF-2 is notoriously secretive and gives out virtually no information about its commandos and their equipment, even to other soldiers.
"There wasn't a lot to go on. We had to work from the few little pictures that are out there," he said. "But the end result is wonderful. When I first saw them, I was just flabbergasted."
Lieut. Moniz said the full-sized JTF-2 soldiers are aware of the new action figures, but was quick to add: "The unit had no involvement in producing them."

Source

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/n...7d1177&k=84498