MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 04-02-18, 06:36

Default Army Motors Editor to retire from the position.

Just recd the latest Army Motors, and read the article on page 57-58 by the editor, Reg Hodgson, that he is to retire from the post after a whopping 32 years at the helm. Reg has taken the Army Motors magazine from the ordinary to the extraordinary, and I for one shall miss his editing enthusiasm and talent. But with a BIG shed full of vehicles and some major projects on the go, Reg is trading his AM editing time for personal time on his vehicles. We should all be very grateful for the sustained effort Reg has put into AM over those many years.

I first started corresponding with Reg in the era of hard copy images and sending articles by snail mail (so longer than I care to admit to!) He was always grateful for whatever I submitted and presented it in a complimentary way in AM. I am forever grateful for his considerate editing style and the personal friendship that developed from our mutual interest in getting 'stuff' into print for other MVPA members to enjoy. My GP, series 1 serial 8920 (under restoration), was sourced from Reg a few years ago, and I was instrumental in his acquisition from Australia of his Lynx many years before that.

I'm sure there are many other MLU-ers with similar stories to tell about corresponding with Reg, his enthusiasm for the hobby, and their visits to Reg's collection.

Enjoy your 'retirement' Reg: it is well deserved! I'm looking forward to some 'face time' with you in Edmonton in the none too distant future.

Mike
Old 04-02-18, 18:41

Mike,
I hole hardily agree with you on Reg. I have come to know Reg for sometime now, and have only great things to say about the man and his character. He has helped me out with my on going project, our friendship, with advice, friendly persuasion, mixed in with I`ve done that before, it didn`t work stuff, this might be a better way.
Reg has helped a lot of other folks with his advice and knowledge from here in Edmonton, the province of Alberta, Canada at large, the USA, South America as well as England, Europe, Australia, NewZeland and even yes, Flin Flon Manitoba!
Reg donated a good amount of time not only working on his projects but as well, he has cadets, school students, individual groups, parades that he donates his time to. Somewhere in all of that, he still has family commitments to consider.
Reg has taken great pride in his work on Army motors thru the many years. He has said it`s time to pass the torch on now. Good on you sir.
Will see him along the trail with God`s will. My hat is off to you.

Doug

I am fortunate that I get to see him when ever he wants to put up with me.