MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Tributes

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-07-13, 12:15
Tony Baker

Default Tony Baker's brother

In the past couple of weeks a very sad situation has been evolving. Last Thursday, my Brother underwent a radical resection for a malignant brain tumor. On Monday, Mother and I were informed by the neurosurgeon that the tumor had been examined since the operation, and was found to be a glioblastoma, one of if not the most agressive tumors. Knowing what it is, and despite the removal of the bulk of the tumor, my dear Brother has now been informed that the condition is fatal. He does not have very long to live now, and will only be going home from hospital for a brief time. The expectation is that he will be admitted to his local hospital in coming weeks, or possibly even days, and will have round the clock assistance until he passes away. Our 86yo Mother, and indeed myself, are absolutely shocked at the speed with which this has occured and we are heartbroken. With that in mind, I will not be attempting any further work on the truck for the forseeable future. It has no attraction to me now. While all this is unfolding, my priority is to assist my family to any extent that I am able.

I will not be continuing this restoration, nor making any postings for an undetermined period of time. There are a couple of MLU chaps that I am still attempting to find things for, and that will remain the case. I will contact those members when the goal has been achieved or if all avenues have been exhausted. Either way, I promise to get back to you.

There is no doubt in my mind that you all are wishing well for my Brother, and I thank you in advance and take that as read. There will only be one outcome with this dreadful circumstance, of that there is now no doubt.

Thankyou, and despite not being a religous man.........bless you all.