MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Restoration Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-11-06, 06:32

Default C8 progress in Texas

Hello all on the MLU forum!
I was given a Chevrolet cab 11 C8 from the estate of a friend named Carl Tong in Scobey, Montana, just a few miles south of the Canadian border. He passed away only a few weeks after being diagnosed with cancer. He will be missed.
The truck was stored in a barn on the family farm for around 25 years, and is fairly well preserved, but lacking some badly needed items; one 13" wheel and adapter, and the original rear body.
From information I have gathered on this forum, it appears to have a modified 2B1 rear body installed on it.
I may have a semi-valid use for the rear body. Also on the same farm, I aquired a 13 cab F15a needing a rear body, windshield frame, roof, left door and both seats.
I was going to wait to post needs for these trucks as soon as they arrive next month, but it has occurred to me that it might be best to inquire on these items now, before the trucks are moved 1500 miles south. Parts for CMP's are fairly hard to come by in Texas.
I am very motivated to save these trucks. Any and all help on these items will be GREATLY appreciated!
Regards, David DeWeese

Last edited by David DeWeese; 06-05-11 at 02:32.