MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > GENERAL WW2 TOPICS > Your Relatives

Notices

Old 09-11-14, 21:31

Default Sgt. William Charles Goodenough Theodore May

I have been researching our grandfather's journey during the war. He was a Sgt. with the 5th Field Co. of the Royal Canadian Engineers. I have a copy of the war diary and through that, I am beginning to match photographs with places and notes he has written to places.
I am especially interested in contacting Terry Warner. He had posted a reply to someone and in that reply he made reference to Stan Fields. Mr. Fields was a member of my Gramps' platoon and I had some contact with him last year, but nothing recently. I would love to hear some of the details of that conversation.
I am interested in hearing from anyone who can add details to what I am learning. I hope to put the information together in a book for our family.
I will make sure his memory, and that of all veterans, is not forgotten.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
Lorraine Campbell nee May.
A proud Canadian.
Old 10-11-14, 03:52
Terry Warner

I shook Stanley's hand about 11 hrs ago. He is in great shape for a man 95yrs old. He rode in a 1942 MB Jeep in our Legion's Remembrance Day parade today.

This next week is a full one for veterans like him. I can relay messages, or would you prefer to contact him directly?

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!
Old 10-11-14, 23:12

Thanks for getting back to me.
When you see Mr. Fields again, please tell him I am still researching my Gramps, Charlie May and am interested in anything he can tell me about him.
I have his email address and have had contact with him in the past. If it's ok with him and he is able, I would love to ask him some questions.
I realize it is a busy time for all vets right now so I will wait patiently.
I know he was a corporal in Platoon 2 and my gramps was a Sgt. in Platoon 3, but he did say he remembered him.
I must say it can get very confusing for a non-military person. Sorting out abbreviations and learning all of the names of tanks and ships can get a bit overwhelming.
If you could do me a great favour and shake his hand for me, I would be so honoured....To know that he fought with my grandfather is a wonderful thing.
At a later date, I will post pictures and maybe others can help me as well.
Again, thank you.