MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 07-03-08, 18:50
Paul

Arrow Garage clearout.

As many on these Forums know, it is a rare mechanic/engineer who does not hoard items for one reason or another- "I might need that in the next week, month, year, decade (delete as appropriate )" and "You never know when that will come in handy" are two comments that spring to mind.

As a result of not doing as much practical work as I used to, and that more modern vehicles seem to be "remove, throw away, fit a new one" these days, I have decided to have a bit of a clear out, so the wife can put more stuff from the house in its place. (hope she doesn't see this or it will be for me). It is all unused, only suffering the ravages of long term storage in a dusty garage.

Just as a "Warning Order" so to speak the items I will be sending to a better home, if anybody wants them, include HT terminals, some lengths of HT lead, HT lead covers, a number of lengths of electrical cable of different colours, spade terminals, a small number of eyelet terminals, and terminal covers.

I also have a number of glass type auto fuses of different ratings, as well as split pins, self tappers, copper washers. fibre washers, some small copper, brass, and aluminium rivets, an amount of bar solder, some mild steel welding rods.

Give me a few days to dig all this stuff out, and give a better list of what I have. Whilst I cannot give it away for free, I will not be kicking the a*** out of it, and postage/packing will be charged at what it costs me. I would rather it went somewhere that it will be used, rather than getting scattered or eventually dumped.

There will doubtless be too much to post on a thread when I get it sorted out, but I will try my best to give as much detail as possible without taking up too much room.

Paul.
Old 07-03-08, 19:05
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
There will doubtless be too much to post on a thread when I get it sorted out, but I will try my best to give as much detail as possible without taking up too much room.

Paul.
Not to worry, Paul - text does not use up space per se. Type out everything you have in text and copy/paste in this thread. If you're going to use pics, just group the items and keep the pics small, that's all.

Good luck!

Jif
Old 08-03-08, 22:17
Paul

Arrow The first batch of bits

Here is the first batch of bits and pieces to be moved on to a better home.

It consists of HT terminals and covers, and a small amount of HT cable. All these items are unused just suffering, in some cases, from storage in a dusty, damp garage

Going from the top, and left to right, I will give brief details and a price for each item. The price is not fixed and I am open to offers for all items.

8 lengths of wire cored HT cable, 2 metres long. I am asking for GB£0.75 (75 pence) per length
3 lengths of carbon cored HT cable, 2 metres long. I am asking for GB£0.75 (75 pence) per length

For all of the following items I am asking for GB£0.10 (10 pence) per item, but am open to offers.

45 right angled plug covers
20 right angled coil/dizzy covers
16 straight plug covers
55 straight coil/dizzy covers
16 straight coil/dizzy covers (larger diameter at bigger end)

50 straight coil/dizzy terminals, brass. For use with straight covers
80 straight plug terminals, brass. For use with straight covers
40 right angled coil/dizzy terminals, brass. For use with right angled covers
50 right angled plug terminals, brass. For use with right angled covers

Postage/packing is extra on all items but as I said in the previous message, it will be at the cost to me with no additions. Even though most of these items are very light, if anyone from overseas is interested in these items, please check the cost of postage first. I do not want it to be uneconomical to buy these items if postage makes it so. Checking at the site below will give you some idea of cost.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/j...mediaId=400033

If anyone has any questions etc, please contact me by PM, e-mail, or through the thread.

Paul.

For anyone deciding to make an offer for any of these, or other, items that I am posting, I would like to make the following points.

1. If more than one person makes an offer, offers will be treated on a "first come, first served" basis. The amount offered will not be taken into account in the event of more than one offer.

2. No items will be sent until all prices, including postage, packing, and method of despatch, have been agreed, to prevent misunderstandings, offence and/or upset. I enjoy using the Forum and do not want to jeopardise that.

3. As, and if, bits and pieces are sold/disposed of, I will edit the relevant post accordingly as quickly as possible.

4. Of any proceeds raised from these bits and pieces, an amount will be returned to MLU to help in its support. It may not be much, but it will be something.

Paul.
Attached Images

Last edited by PPS; 09-03-08 at 21:35. Reason: More information added
Old 09-03-08, 11:11
Dennis Gelean

In your stuff, I am desperate for the connectors from 2 chorehoses.
C5 charging panel and connector cables to batteries.
My ws19 setup is very complete, fits a F15a WT , my other CMP's are F15a GS
all original, spare tire, box etc, 1941 C15a GS, my workhorse is a M37 arctic model with snow plow used weekly and a 1954 101 Landrover straight side safari eveything
clips off. and a dew bomb disposal trailer 1990 : My first post so pardon if in wrong area.
Is there a reference guide on cab 11,12 etc?
dennis
Old 09-03-08, 11:45
Paul

Post Chorehorse, CMP etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Gelean View Post
In your stuff, I am desperate for the connectors from 2 chorehoses.
C5 charging panel and connector cables to batteries.
My ws19 setup is very complete, fits a F15a WT , my other CMP's are F15a GS
all original, spare tire, box etc, 1941 C15a GS, my workhorse is a M37 arctic model with snow plow used weekly and a 1954 101 Landrover straight side safari eveything
clips off. and a dew bomb disposal trailer 1990 : My first post so pardon if in wrong area.
Is there a reference guide on cab 11,12 etc?
dennis
Welcome to MLU Dennis, in here you will find a wealth of information on virtually anything military (and a lot of other subjects I may add )

Most of your post would have probably been better off in "The Softskin Forum", but I am sure that it will be read here by all and sundry. As for reference guides for the Cab 11, 12, etc., I will bow to those of greater knowledge than I. Take a look at the Forum I mentioned, you may well find something there.

Paul.
Old 09-03-08, 13:34
Paul

Arrow Soldering and rivetting.

Some more items from the depths of my garage.

The first picture shows a selection of bar solder unearthed from a box. The top piece is faintly marked "Fry" with *. The second, fourth, fifth and sixth pieces are marked as seen while the third has the markings "Fry" and "Carbody". There are 16 pieces in toatal of the various types, and I am open to offers on single or multiple pieces. Don't forget though it is lead and is quite heavy, the lightest piece being about 10 ounces in weight, the heaviest about 1.75 pounds.

The second photo shows two unused soldering irons. They have solid copper bits the top one being 4 ounces in weight, the bottom one 16 ounces. Again, offers are invited for these.

The third photo shows a quantity of solid rivets all the same size, to the best of my ability with simple measuring; Head dia. 5/16", Shank dia. 1/8", Shank length 1/4". They are flat headed and are, from top to bottom, aluminium, brass, and copper. Offers are again invited for the rivets, either as small numbers or the whole lot.

Paul.
Attached Images

Old 09-03-08, 20:57
Paul

Arrow Cable and Electrical bits.

Here comes another heap of stuff that may be of use to somebody. It consists of auto cable, connectors, insulating sleeves, some fuses, and some plugs and sockets.

In the first photo there are a number of lengths of auto cable of different colours. They were obtained for a project some time ago that never materialised. All of this cable is 14/0.30mm and is in 30 foot lengths. The colours/trace colour/number of lengths are as follows:-

White/blue/6 Black/White/4
White/Red/6 Yellow/Violet/4
Green/Brown/6 Yellow/None/4
White/Black/4 Green/White/2
Black/None/5 Red/None/3
Brown/None/2 White/None/2
Brown/White/2 Blue/White/2
Blue/None/3
Not shown is Green//None/4

The second photo shows more cable, for heavier applications. As in the first photo, it is in 30 foot lengths. The top two cables are 44/0.30mm, the bottom two are 28/0.30mm. The colour/trace/number of lengths are:-

Brown/None/8
Brown/Yellow/5
Black/None/3
White/None/3

I am asking for GB£1.50 per length (not per foot, yard, metre) for all cable.

The third photo shows a multitude of connectors, sleeves, plugs, and fuses. To be as brief as possible on these items going left to right, top to bottom:-

90 large spade connectors (such as generator/ control box)
45 sleeves for large spades
20 double ended standard size male spades in sleeve
10 red plugs and sockets. The socket can be bolted to a panel.
20 eyelet type connectors, approx 3/16" dia hole
50 right angled standard size spades
140 right angled sleeves for the above
120 double snap connector blocks, Lucas type CWB301
10 black plugs and sockets, same as red ones above
25 eyelet type connectors, approx 3/8" dia hole
40 sleeves for standard spade connectors
90 sleeves for standard spade connectors, with long tail
280 single snap connector blocks, Lucas type CWB 300
30 glass cartridge type fuses, 10 amp - 5 amp continous
120 sleeves for standard spade, double cable entry
40 sleeves for standard spades, hard plastic, double cable entry, locks connector to sleeve
40 cable nipples for snap connector blocks, Lucas type CWB 320
25 glass cartridge type fuses, 25 amp - 12 amp continous
100 stud type connectors
160 sleeves for connectors above
25 glass cartridge type fuses, 35 amp - 17 amp continous.

Anybody care to make an offer on any of the above items?

Paul.

P.S. Just for information (according to Royal Mail website):-

A 500g (about 1lb) packet sent standard airmail to Europe costs GB£3.38, to the rest of the world GB£5.72. A 1kg (about 2.2lbs) packet would cost to Europe GB£5.88, rest of the world GB£10.72. A 2kg (about4.5lbs) costs GB£10.88 and GB£20.72 respectively

Surface Mail is cheaper but can take forever to arrive at its final destination. 500g GB£2.86, 1kg GB£5.26, and 2kg GB£10.46 to all destinations

Paul.
Attached Images

Last edited by PPS; 09-03-08 at 22:18.
Old 10-03-08, 02:13
RIP

Default Toggle Switches

Hi Paul - have you any of these such as the ones in Blitz trucks and Carriers.
Bob
Website owner - salesmanbob.com
Old 10-03-08, 12:06
Paul

Post Re:- Toggle Switches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Moseley View Post
Hi Paul - have you any of these such as the ones in Blitz trucks and Carriers.
Buried up somewhere, possibly, Bob are a few switches but I think they may be too modern for the Blitz or Carrier.

Any chance you can post a photo of an example, or lead me to a thread where they are shown? I will try and hunt them out in the meantime.

Paul
Old 12-03-08, 03:32

Default Got these from the UK.....

Hi Bob......

Can you verify if that is the proper look of the switch handle..... little ball end switch.......

Got them from the UK in original NOS wrappers..... but not cheap....

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
HPIM7931enl.jpg   HPIM7934enl.jpg   HPIM7942enlresized.jpg  
Canada
Old 12-03-08, 05:41
RIP

Default Toggle Switches

Hi Bob - the shaft length and end ball look really close for Oz Carriers. The only difference is the connection end, ours have a rectangular block with the connections coming out of it. What is the travel of the shaft, half way or right through? It is interesting they are a Chev Brand switch. And finally the cost and supplier or did you buy him out?

I've attached an image showing firstly an RBM Brand switch that comes from a Ford Blitz Cab 12 with the second switch out of our C60S. I did have a Carrier switch but currently MIA.

Bob
Attached Images

Old 14-03-08, 03:58

Default My little switches......

Hi Bob

Mine are single pole double throw....... they ahve a center detent and the lever can go left or right.....center tape is the common one...... I suspect intended for the fuel gauge or similar arrangement.....

Are yours just single pole single throw...?

I am still looking for the source vendor on Ebay.....

Boob
Canada
Old 14-03-08, 05:13

Stewart Loy found someone (not sure who) that had modern toggle switches that outwardly looked like the orginals. They have the same short little toggle with a ball on the end. I bought 3 from him for my UC to replace the normal ones that Cnd Tire sells. I think they came out of some kind of industrial fan but am not sure. They are rated for somthing like 200amps. The only downside to them was that they had wires coming out of the back. There were no screw terminals, therefore you would need to hard wire your connection or make up some other kind of connection.

I will try to get a picture of them Sunday so you can all see just how close these are.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer
Old 28-03-08, 00:09

Default Vintage toggle switch

For those who are interested I found these on EBay this morning.
No connection to seller etc
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/6-Vintage-Bal...QQcmdZViewItem
Cut & past the above into the http section and press enter.
I hope this is of interest to someone, they are not for me as I'm looking for nos CMP one's.
Australia
Old 28-03-08, 00:13

Default Thanks Alan....

I got a bid on it......

...to be shared with fellow Rotters

Boob
Canada
Old 28-03-08, 00:16

Default Where is Stew these days......???

....... could he be buried in a snow bank......

Boob
Canada
Old 29-03-08, 03:02
RIP

Cool

Hi Boob - I just outbid you. Thanks for the heads up Alan.
Bob