MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 16-04-07, 22:42
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default UH 1B Huey Hog Gunship

Genuine Vietnam vet for sale!

UH 1B Huey Hog Gunship sold as is and where is. This is a static display piece with no promise made or implied about airworthiness. It has a number of spare parts and most of the instruments but no engine and no tail rotor.

Great for Vietnam war recreation group, helo pilot monument or really cool lawn ornament.

USD $15,000 OBO

Contact the Swords and Ploughshares Museum through Major Mike Calnan on this forum (PM is easiest) or www.calnan.com/swords
Attached Thumbnails
uh1b left front.jpg  
www.calnan.com/swords
Old 16-04-07, 23:08
Mr. HUP

Default Re: UH 1B Huey Hog Gunship

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunner
Genuine Vietnam vet for sale!

UH 1B Huey Hog Gunship sold as is and where is. This is a static display piece with no promise made or implied about airworthiness. It has a number of spare parts and most of the instruments but no engine and no tail rotor.

Great for Vietnam war recreation group, helo pilot monument or really cool lawn ornament.

USD $15,000 OBO

Contact the Swords and Ploughshares Museum through Major Mike Calnan on this forum (PM is easiest) or www.calnan.com/swords
Time to get her on ebay! Anyone know any film production companys that may be looking for war props (pun fully intended)?
Old 17-04-07, 00:20
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Hey Mike

What makes you think she's a gunship? Looks like a straight B-model Huey to me, perhaps circa 65/66? No question she's got some time on her, though... What's the airframe like?
Old 17-04-07, 00:29

Default Weapons control panel

Hi Jiff:

The airframe is tired but I'm far from qualified to make a judgement in that area. As I can't offer it with any certification it has to be listed as a static display with no promise made or implied about airworthiness.

She's definitely a "Hog" as she has the weapons control panel above the pilot for arming MGs, rockets, etc, etc. Again, I'm no expert, but she appears to have the hard points which would, I imagine, have to be 'cut' in some fashion if it was to leave Canada.

Would look some nice on a concrete post in your front garden... helico-popsicle! ?

Cheers! Mike
www.calnan.com/swords
Old 17-04-07, 00:35

Default US may want it back

Be careful give the state of equipment at some of the US Army Reserve Units they may ask for it back. The last I heard the NH National Guard was down to 2 operational Apache Helicopters and are back to flying Huey’s that I did think they were even suppose to have.
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com
Old 17-04-07, 04:27
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Default Re: US may want it back

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil Waterman
Be careful, US Army may ask for it back.
Quite possibly a grain of truth in that. Following the US State Department's intervention in the NZ Govt's sale of their M113A1 fleet and first requiring an end user certificate and security clearance for each prospective buyer, and finally insisting that they all be scrapped, it is quite possible that if this Huey has been supplied to the Canadian Gov't under some sort of US-subsidised scheme, they may retain a right of veto on the deal.
Old 18-04-07, 12:45
Derek Heuring

Default Re: US may want it back

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil Waterman
Be careful give the state of equipment at some of the US Army Reserve Units they may ask for it back. The last I heard the NH National Guard was down to 2 operational Apache Helicopters and are back to flying Huey’s that I did think they were even suppose to have.
Phil, it's my understanding that all 10 CH-118 Hueys and 50 CH-135 "Twin-Hueys" were bought by the Canadian government. In fact Canada was instrumental in development of the Twin Huey. In April 1968 approval was given for an advanced version of the Huey to be powered by two Canadian Pratt and Whitney PT6 turbines linked on a combined driveshaft. Canada's Dept. of Industry, Trade, and Commerce provided Pratt and Whitney with considerable financial assistance to get the Twin Huey powerplant developed.
Old 08-05-07, 19:42

Default Hog Heaven

Hi Folks:

Just wanted to let any of you considering the acquisition of a Huey Hog that ours has sold and is no longer on the market.

Thank you to those that expressed interest and I look forward to the new owners' overhaul and static display of the old bird. They intend to stay true to its Vietnam war heritage and cosmetically restore it to represent the days of 1966-68.

I leave it to the new owners to decide if they want their names posted.

Mike
www.calnan.com/swords