MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 30-10-11, 12:06

Default Wandin East Clearing Sale result

Spent an unproductive day at the Wandin East Clearing Sale. Never seen a 16.5% buyers premium before, and nothing purchased today (No mqtter how small) was able to be removed from site until late tomorrow, or the following day. This put paid to any smaller purchases as it would have meant another 6 hour round trip.
Monkey face F60L with crane. Running last time they used it (However long ago that was).
Note the slightly strengthened chassis.
$2250 + 16.5%.
Attached Thumbnails
Wandin 004.jpg   Wandin 003.jpg   Wandin 005.jpg   Wandin 006.jpg   Wandin 007.jpg  

Old 30-10-11, 12:19

With these extensions on, the crane would have had quite good reach, if not capacity. Bonus was 2 Front wheel spacers.

Dodge was right hand drive, possibly a combination of three different trucks, nice British Dunlop Trak Grips. This vehicle was started after many years and driven out of the shed, naturally no brakes working.
$7000 + 16.5%
Attached Thumbnails
Wandin 013.jpg   Wandin 001.jpg   Wandin 009.jpg   Wandin 012.jpg   Wandin 015.jpg  

Old 30-10-11, 12:29

The Ferret came with an extra (Army Reco'd) transmission still in the box, pus a crate of assorted NOS parts. This had also not been running for some time, in fact the battery decomposing in the tray looked like Military issue. They had tried to start it to get it out of the shed, but had been unable to do so, so was really a non runner, although it did look quite complete, but scruffy.
$10 500 +16.5%. Too rich for my taste. Another who lost out wanted to put a Chevvy V8 in it and use it as a bush toy. No comment.
Rich.
Attached Thumbnails
Wandin 011.jpg   Wandin 022.jpg   Wandin 018.jpg   Wandin 019.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 31-10-11, 10:00
Blitzed

Default was there too

Spent the day there too Rich with my cousin who lives 10 mins from there. Picked up a few smaller things. Also didn't realise you couldn't pick up the items until monday late arvo until about half way into the auction!
Overall thought many prices were high and stupid but I guess if someone wants something that desperate they'll pay anything.
Was also the first clearing sale I've been too where booze was being consumed by quite a few people to the point of interrupting the auctioneer constantly!
Old 31-10-11, 10:51

I thought that was you Ryan, yelling out $5.00 for everybid.
Yes, seen a lot of things at sales, but never seen so much booze being drunk. There was some doubt between the auctioneers that the worst offender was even going to pay for any of his purchases. This did not stop them accepting his bids, even when he moved up to some of the more expensive items....I believe he won the Blitz?
I checked up on the website when I got home, and all the unusual details where there in the small print. I note that as a winner of a lot, you were responsible for it from the fall of the hammer, but not allowed to remove it?
First time I have had to be bussed in too.
600 kms for a day in the rain...
Rich
Old 31-10-11, 11:50
Blitzed

Default $5

hehe.
Yeah, what knobs.
Don't know about the Blitz but they bought that rubbish silver WB Statesman for $2500! And put a $30,000 bid on the oldsmobile.
The auctioneer wasn't the only one to think they weren't going to pay.
I thought it was very dodgy when the auctioneer began bidding on the sheets of steel because " he thought it was very cheap and could make a profit down at the scrap yard".
Bit of a strange day all round.
Old 31-10-11, 12:42

"I thought it was very dodgy when the auctioneer began bidding on the sheets"
In the small print on the website, both the auctioneer and the vendor are able to make bids, and they certainly did.
I expect to see some of these items are for sale again in the near future. I went to a clearing sale at Mudgee 10 years ago that was way wetter and very poorly run, so I can say I have seen worse, just.....
Rich.
Old 31-10-11, 14:25

What did the ACCO butterbox 8 wheeler go for?

Do you know who bought it?

(BTW Manheim-Fowles are adding 16% buyers premium on values under $10K)
Old 31-10-11, 21:44
Blitzed

Default acco

sold for $8000 i believe.
Old 31-10-11, 22:56

TS was quite modified from original spec. Original engine was long gone. Made over $8k. Would have cost a fair bit to put back on road. Cab work to pass inspection with rust under red paint and busted windows. May have needed engineer certificates for mods. Doubt you would be let loose on the roads in this 40 plus year old monster machine without everything being sorted for safety purposes and a smile as bright as Shane Warne when you turned up at paton brakes for reconditioning. May well take the entire Greek National debt to get it to pull up even half as quickly as Greg Norman on the final round of a major. This may be okay if you were Sir Tristan Antico, but would see most of us living in a dog kennel upon receipt of the account for parts alone. Mounting of crane in centre of tray was problematic to loading and was equivalent capacity to two small trucks as a result. Had not been registered for quite a few years, but a worthy, albeit money absorbing project in my opinion. This was my assessment of it. Interested in alternative views.

Last edited by blitz; 01-11-11 at 07:10.
Old 06-11-11, 14:23

The thought about the ACCO was to sell the crane, paint it green, add a beaver tail tray, throw a Mk4 brush guard on the front and get it on historic rego. That way we could move the light armour up to 11 Ton and not have to pay $1000s every time you want to go to an event.

However if you say it had rust in the cab (don't they all) and busted windows, maybe it's good I stayed home.

Diana
Old 07-11-11, 00:54

The ACCO apparently had a Cat. diesal in it, appeared quite neat inside from, the window behind the passengers seat was very badly cracked but still insitu. I thought it was pretty good for what it was. I assumed from the crane position that it was an ex-Brick truck, but did not hear any of its history.
Rich.