MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 28-11-08, 03:31
Mr. HUP

Default Kill The Clawback

I got this thru my retiree network and since it applies to a lot of MLUers who are former service or RCMP personnel, I thought it appropriate to post it on MLU. I recommend the widest possible distribution, and for all impacted to send an email to their MP to support Bill C-201 - even if you have already "passed the gate".

Supporters
Military/RCMP Veterans' Campaign
Against Pension Benefit Reduction At Age 65

In a telephone call to Roger Boutin, Campaign Committee Member, on 24 Nov 08, Mr Peter Stoffer, MP, (NDP) Sackville/Eastern Shore, NS, advised that his Private Member's Bill (Bill C-201) aimed at putting an end to the reduction of the military and RCMP Veterans' pension benefits at age 65, is scheduled for Second Reading in the House Of Commons during this or the next session of Parliament (Jan/Feb 09). It is number 9 on the List of Private Member's Bills, vice 200, as it has been in past sessions of Parliament.

Mr Stoffer added that the all supporters of the "Military And RCMP Veterans' Campaign Against Pension Benefit Reduction At Age 65" are encouraged to contact their respective Members Of Parliament over the festive holiday season, pressing them to support Bill C-201 when it does comes up for Second Reading.

Supporters of this Campaign should disseminate the foregoing information to all local Military/RCMP Veterans' Service Clubs, Associations and other related organizations, as well as to their Veteran friends and associates. Our goal must be to achieve the widest possible distribution of this information throughout Canada in order to garner the maximum amount of support from Members Of Parliament during the Second reading of Bill C-201 to get it passed.

M. R. (Mel) Pittman

Web Master

Military-RCMP Veteran's Campaign Against

Pension Clawback At Age 65

URL: http://users.eastlink.ca/~clawback1/

E-Mail: clawback@mail2canada.com