MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 02-03-05, 15:21
Senior Forum Member

Exclamation Re: Re: Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
... damned women gotta "organize" everything...
......that is probably why they are referred to as a "Residential Sergeant-Major" when you put them into a domestic setting..... ......just be thankful, I guess, that she hasn't heard of a "Short Arms Inspection" yet.....
Old 02-03-05, 17:23
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Default Re: Re: Mark

Quote:
Damn, piss me off! I don't know where ANYTHING is anymore. But it's gonna take me hours to find stuff I used to know by touch... damned women gotta "organize" everything...
Or in the wee, dark hours of the morning! I used to be abe to lay my hands on a Maintenance Manual in the dark. I have enough gear here to make a QM Sgt happy, but where has it gone to? Been tidied up! That's where! I have enough new old stock parts scattered around the house to rebuild a CMP, but they've all dissapeared in the name of "Feminine Hygeine". I never realised how effective those maxi pads could be in absorbing stuff! Oh well, I'll have another Kahlua biscuit and I'm past caring! Domestic bliss has a lot to answer for!
Old 02-03-05, 17:29
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
Hmmmm ..... but boy can he ever "sound off from the rear" (B-FLAT) as he just did on the couch ... I do believe he demands Lima-Dinnas frequently just to blow me away? I'd best take his lighter away from him
You're tone deaf, Karmen! Can't distinguish B-flat from F-sharp! (Sharp on the nostrils, that is.)
Old 02-03-05, 19:01
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith
Or in the wee, dark hours of the morning! I used to be abe to lay my hands on a Maintenance Manual in the dark. I have enough gear here to make a QM Sgt happy, but where has it gone to? Been tidied up! That's where! I have enough new old stock parts scattered around the house to rebuild a CMP, but they've all dissapeared in the name of "Feminine Hygeine". I never realised how effective those maxi pads could be in absorbing stuff! Oh well, I'll have another Kahlua biscuit and I'm past caring! Domestic bliss has a lot to answer for!
Ah but Master Kahlua Tim Tams Tony,

What you-all don't realize is that the Master Sunray could not find anything as with the moving all was totally disorganized and a mish-mash-mixup tossed willy nilly in boxes ... now he can go to the book shelves and scoop his hearts desired title/author ... go to WW2 (etc) group/section and scoop wanted book by obvious-viewable Title... or author, QUICKLY!

The organization is a work in progress and he smiles as he can now go to the shelves and find things immediately now ... before it would take hours/days/weeks/forever to lay hands on wanted book.

Controlled chaos only works when you've been in a place for a while to know where everything is (hate wasting time looking when I wanna be doing ... now! and so, does Master Sunray ...

Time and motion ... also counts for a lot

Karmen
Old 02-03-05, 23:01
Richard Notton

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Smith
You're tone deaf, Karmen! Can't distinguish B-flat from F-sharp! (Sharp on the nostrils, that is.)
How co-incidental!!

Now, pay attention,

B-flat is also A-sharp, the A could refer to something else and similarly F-sharp is G-flat, and here the G could refer to something else and the flat might be an abbreviation of course.

R.
Old 02-03-05, 23:32
Richard Notton

Default Re: Whaddareya Listenin' to?

So, (a needle pulling thread) the original idea after getting side-tracked with the noisy and noisesome gaseous emmisions emanating from the Toronto nether regions, for me goes like this.

1. The Home Service.
2. AC/DC
3. Rainbow.
4. Yngwie J Malmsteen

R.
Old 02-03-05, 23:40
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by FV623
How co-incidental!!

Now, pay attention,

B-flat is also A-sharp, the A could refer to something else and similarly F-sharp is G-flat, and here the G could refer to something else and the flat might be an abbreviation of course.

R.
Your duly and I am : Master R. ... it also makes me think that chords, like many things, are versatile and perhaps "it all depends on how, where, or when, you use it"?

I personally prefer the minor chords ... but they're all good ... depending on how you use them?
Attached Thumbnails
chord-chart2.gif  
Old 02-03-05, 23:46
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Whaddareya Listenin' to?

Quote:
So, (a needle pulling thread) the original idea after getting side-tracked with the noisy and noisesome gaseous emmisions emanating from the Toronto nether regions, for me goes like this.

4. Yngwie J Malmsteen

R.
Eh? : PW/VD MA

PS: Master Sunray is noisy from the rear today : but was worse yesterday!
Old 03-03-05, 00:45
Richard Notton

Quote:
Your duly and I am : Master R. ... it also makes me think that chords, like many things, are versatile and perhaps "it all depends on how, where, or when, you use it"?
: are we?
Major scale of C:
C D E F G A B C
Therefore the "gaps" or intervals are two notes - a tone; except E to F and B to C where these are a semitone - one note. So, E sharp IS F and B sharp IS C. Then you see F# is Gb and Bb is A#.

Quote:
I personally prefer the minor chords ...
Easy, all chords are a triad, major ones are root + 3rd + 5th; minor just have the 3rd flattened ~ root + b3rd + 5th.

However, if you have your Marshall stack on "11" for massive overdriven sustain, then don't use the 3rd's at all because of discordant odd order harmonics, just use root + 4th + 5th (AKA a power chord), handy thing being neither major or minor.

Quote:
but they're all good ... depending on how you use them?
Oh, you'll be going round in a circle of fourths then, how's the Myxolydian and Locrian modes coming?

Chord charts in FRENCH???????
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Do come along now, I wont always be here to guide you.

R.
Old 03-03-05, 01:08
Vets Dottir

Quote:
: are we?
Major scale of C:
C D E F G A B C
Therefore the "gaps" or intervals are two notes - a tone; except E to F and B to C where these are a semitone - one note. So, E sharp IS F and B sharp IS C. Then you see F# is Gb and Bb is A#.

Easy, all chords are a triad, major ones are root + 3rd + 5th; minor just have the 3rd flattened ~ root + b3rd + 5th.

However, if you have your Marshall stack on "11" for massive overdriven sustain, then don't use the 3rd's at all because of discordant odd order harmonics, just use root + 4th + 5th (AKA a power chord), handy thing being neither major or minor.

Oh, you'll be going round in a circle of fourths then, how's the Myxolydian and Locrian modes coming?

Chord charts in FRENCH???????
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Do come along now, I wont always be here to guide you.

R.
Oh dear ... I shall have to walk in the snow to wake my little grey cells to absorb some of what you wrote ... : gotta do my cream for coffee and, chocolate bar to release endorphins, run right now ... but I shall return shortly if the snow piles don't avalanche on the wee bittie moi and bury me forever ...

PS: alphabetized all the Vietnam war books today ... so far I've only done the paperbacks (none of the novels yet) soon i shall start on the hard covers
Old 03-03-05, 01:18
Richard Notton

Default Re: Re: Re: Whaddareya Listenin' to?

Quote:
Eh? : PW/VD MA
Yngwie J Malmsteen (its "Ing-ga-vey" incidentally), probably the fastest ever axe-man, virtuoso isn't quite descriptive enough. Sickeningly, many 10yr olds here are now getting close.
http://www.yngwie.org/news/Contents.html
Quote:
PS: Master Sunray is noisy from the rear today : but was worse yesterday!
TMI.

R.
Old 03-03-05, 01:34
M38A1 CDN3

Quote:
How co-incidental!!

Now, pay attention,

R.
So, what is the difference 'twixt a diminished fifth and an augmented fourth?
Old 03-03-05, 01:37
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Whaddareya Listenin' to?

Quote:
Yngwie J Malmsteen (its "Ing-ga-vey" incidentally), probably the fastest ever axe-man, virtuoso isn't quite descriptive enough. Sickeningly, many 10yr olds here are now getting close.
http://www.yngwie.org/news/Contents.html
TMI.

R.
Interesting ... and I agree that there's just too much talent happening these days... kids!!! yikes.

I've never heard of your Ing-ga-vey ... I'll visit his link soon

Regards TMI ... THAT is exactly what I say to MS every time he ... er ... shares his innermost ... well .... nuf said
Old 03-03-05, 05:15
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Whaddareya Listenin' to?

Quote:
Regards TMI ... THAT is exactly what I say to MS every time he ... er ... shares his innermost ... well .... nuf said
Trust me, lads, it works both ways...
Old 03-03-05, 08:35
Richard Notton

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Skagfeld
So, what is the difference 'twixt a diminished fifth and an augmented fourth?
Not a great deal, however, the false (or cross) relation of the Tritone (augmented fourth) and of the augmented or diminished octave must be avoided. The false relation occurs when the distance from the lower note of one interval to the upper note of the next interval (or the reverse) is an augmented fourth or an augmented or diminished octave. To avoid the false relation of the augmented fourth, never write in succession the major thirds on the fourth and fifth degrees of the scale.

R.
Old 03-03-05, 14:07
M38A1 CDN3

Don't bafflegab me with facts about the -5th vice +4th.

If Andre Rieu says that it is so, then it must be.
Old 03-03-05, 15:08
MLU Administrator

Quote:
Indeed so, especially since his son owns a Cab 12 FGT

H.
Old 03-03-05, 22:00
Richard Notton

Quote:
Don't bafflegab me with facts about the -5th vice +4th.

Rieu?:

OH!! One of them whistling exhaust windmills.

'Fraid I'm more into "simple" pentatonics, power chords and everything on "11". Anyroadup, he's got no frets on that little axe so there's no way I can hack that, plus, heaving everyone else's rusty sh 1 t about and blasting it clean has rather taken its toll of what little manual dexterity I had in the first place.

R.
Old 03-03-05, 22:20

Quote:
... Anyroadup, he's got no frets on that little axe so there's no way I can hack that, plus, heaving everyone else's rusty sh 1 t about and blasting it clean has rather taken its toll of what little manual dexterity I had in the first place.

R.
I've understood very little of your musical discourse, although once-upon-a-time I had a 12-string guitar (an old girlfriend broke it, another story - I played by ear, couldn't read a note of music). But I CAN suggest that "manual dexterity, lack thereof, troops for the disuse of" is a function of creeping old age. I hate it too.
Old 09-12-06, 05:48
Vets Dottir

Hello,

For those of you who want to have a little listen and some with a look-see video, there are some cool songs to be heard (and seen) here

http://www.bluenote.com/jukebox.asp

What can I say, it's Friday night and here I sit, brokenhearted, paid a dime and only ... well ... that wasn't what I was going to say I WAS going to say, here I am on a Friday night, a tad bored with my usual routines, can't settle to TV or work, or puttering, don't want to learn anything, or try thinking (which is difficult for me sometimes ) so ... I'll listen ... and watch ... and the Blue Note Jukebox is what I found tonight.

Enjoy

Ma Yappy
Old 09-12-06, 07:43

Quote:
... or try thinking (which is difficult for me sometimes ) so ...
I think I'd best leave that one alone...
Old 09-12-06, 16:34
Vets Dottir

Quote:
I think I'd best leave that one alone...
Good plan ...