MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 30-11-05, 03:05
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: January 23rd

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
Geoff, but why would you want to leave Canada? I mean,, beautiful and demure southern women ............
You mean as opposed to short funny-looking women who assertively wield ??? Hmmmm ... perhaps you're onto something here
Old 30-11-05, 03:27

Default In The Ideal Situation

Chris
I would agree with you completely,if it were that way
south of the border.Yes the states are supposed to
govern each state,but the feds can withhold funds
going to each state, usally highway funds unless
the state goes their way.
4-5 years ago there was talk of seccession from the
union here in some of the western states.
So you see we are more alike than you think.
No matter what party you vote for here your sc----d.
Next time I voting for Mickey Mouse.
Patrick
South of the border
Old 30-11-05, 03:44

This was in the news this morning.

http://us.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/2...ham/index.html

Wherever there is money, influence or power up for grabs, you will always find the wrong sort of people. It doesn’t matter which country, system or party, all politicians are the same sleaze bags.
Old 30-11-05, 03:52

Default What Can Say

What more could I possibly say. Here Here
Patrick
Old 30-11-05, 04:09
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: January 23rd

Quote:
Lots of good jobs down here Geoff, but why would you want to leave Canada? I mean, all Texas has to offer is a great economy, low taxes, law and order, conservative values, great weather, cheap real estate, right to keep and bear arms including concealed carry and full auto, friendly people, beautiful and demure southern women, great freeway system, relatively low gas prices, politicians responsive to the wishes of the electorate, powerful military, citizens who honour their servicemen............
Naw, I prefer high taxes, no law and order, liberal "values", shitty weather, expensive real estate, no guns (except criminals - they're exempt from the law), unfriendly imgrunts, fat, gum-chewing women, clogged highways, high gas prices, politicians who hate their electorate and a military which is all but ignored. Why would I want Texas?

PS: VD/PW will say more once she puts her teeth back in...
Old 30-11-05, 04:26
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: January 23rd

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Naw, I prefer high taxes, no law and order, liberal "values", shitty weather, expensive real estate, no guns (except criminals - they're exempt from the law), unfriendly imgrunts, fat, gum-chewing women, clogged highways, high gas prices, politicians who hate their electorate and a military which is all but ignored. Why would I want Texas?

PS: VD/PW will say more once she puts her teeth back in...
Careful Geoff! Ma's deadly from 50 yds with her frying pan!
Old 30-11-05, 07:30
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: January 23rd

Quote:
Careful Geoff! Ma's deadly from 50 yds with her frying pan!
I'm even deadlier when standing right above him while I watch from above him while he snores on the couch

( who needs teeth to swing or drop a ????? I certainly don't. )

Old 30-11-05, 19:02

Default What?

Geoff doesnt snore
Patrick
Old 30-11-05, 21:11
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Re: What?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ponysoldier
Geoff doesnt snore
Patrick
Is this a trick question, like "Geoff doesn't OFTEN snore WHEN HE'S AWAKE."

I have had the good fortune to observe this phenomenon at close quarters.

I know many of us MLU-ers don't snore, rather we imitate chainsaws all night while inspecting the insides of our eyelids.

I think Russell (your tour guide) has previously commented on Max's nocturnal prowess with the virtual Stihl.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 30-11-05, 21:55
Pops

Default snore

ME SNORE....Kathy hase never complained but every now and then I get a sensation of being kicked and upsets my sleep.
That Russel fella, he sure can snore. Last time we went camping in the mountains with him he snored that loud it echoed across the mountains scaring off all the yowies, I was so looking foward to seeing one,are well next time maybe.
Max
Old 30-11-05, 22:44
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Re: snore

Quote:
Originally posted by Max Hedges

That Russel fella, he sure can snore. Last time we went camping in the mountains with him he snored that loud it echoed across the mountains scaring off all the yowies, I was so looking foward to seeing one,are well next time maybe.
Max
Does he scare the drop bears too? I bet Geoff can.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 01-12-05, 00:08
Likes Wusty Old Twuks

Default Snore as not me

No Max last time we went to the mountains the only bloke snoring was Ashly Wilson. If you remember correctly that yourself Rob Farmer and yours truly were all too happy after partaking in a few ports. We were all up yaking away while Ashley was snorrin his head off in the back of the Chev. That how I rember it
Old 01-12-05, 08:13
Richard Notton

Default Re: What?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ponysoldier
Geoff doesnt snore
Patrick

Is the Pope Catholic?

Does a fish have a water tight head?

R.
Old 01-12-05, 21:27

Nasty lads you are. I wheeze, the cats SNORE (so does Yappy, but that's beside the point). Hanno only kicked me out of his tent at Beltring because he didn't want to disturb me with HIS snoring. Good man, that Dutchie...
Old 01-12-05, 21:41

Does anyone here have the ear of Stephen Harper? While the gentleman has learned the art of public speaking (he never refers to notes and is more confident than any of the other leaders), someone needs to tell him the following (I wrote it elsewhere today):

Quote:
Chretien (god rot him) promised to cancel the GST once he was elected, but didn't. The idiot figured he could bluff us AND rob us at the same time. Harper should SERIOUSLY consider making an unconditional, flat-out declaration to abolish the tax, even at the expense of income tax cuts - I almost guarantee that would get him a majority. People at the high end of the income scale and people at the low end share two things in common - they pay little income tax but GST on everything... and it's those of us in the middle who subsidize this inequity and pay GST on top of all else. If anyone reading this has Harper's ear, please advise him accordingly? His trained seals are obviously out of touch with the man on the street.
You may add my personal comments: Stephen, you're doing a fine job so far, and you already look far more prime ministerial than that other boob. Keep up the good work, but don't forget for a second that us workin' dudes are the ones who make you or break you. Big Business ain't it... we who have to count the cents on our paychecks are the ones who Martin thought he could fool. I think you're a better man than that.

Prove me right.
Old 01-12-05, 21:58
Richard Notton

Quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Winnington-Ball
Nasty lads you are. I wheeze, the cats SNORE (so does Yappy, but that's beside the point). Hanno only kicked me out of his tent at Beltring because he didn't want to disturb me with HIS snoring. Good man, that Dutchie...
Bollocks.
(Technical term)

No bugger slept at Overlord 60th in the total 20 acre field when Ball was asleep and in full, sonorous flight, John Coglan (ex-Status Quo drummer) had to have his band set the Marshall stacks to "11" and when they all went to France he kept me awake in Shirrell Heath thinking it was a HE111 with a handful of duff spark plugs.

Wheeze?

"Wheeze", my arse.

Believe that and you can plait (braid) sawdust.

Veare doesn't snore, she hums gently inside while making cuteness.

R.
Old 01-12-05, 22:08

Quote:
Originally posted by FV623
Bollocks.
(Technical term)
I do note the use of one 'B' and two 'l's and am quite proud of myself for remembering that.

Quote:
Veare doesn't snore, she hums gently inside while making cuteness.
The latter characteristic which has quite obviously escaped you and for which Veare is obviously trying to make up (someone has to). She'll eat you one night, just watch. We shall all mourn appreciatively, mind you.
Old 08-12-05, 16:11
carrier mech

Default Liberals to ban Handguns

Here we go again. All the gun control that has been in effect since the early 30s has been inneffective, and even with the 2 billion+ dollars they have spent in the last 6 years on this fiasco, we apparently need more.
I enjoy the collecting of firearms, and don't believe I am in any way part of the problem of Totronto ethnic/immigrant gangs killing each other. But now it looks like if the Liberals get reelected, they will be able to team up with the NDP do-gooders and take away all my handguns, and military type rifles. I assume they are talking all the restricted/prohibited guns, but I guess we'll know more in the next while.
Guess Christmas gifts are going to be a little sparse this year; I'm going to have to give everything I can afford to the Conservatives, and to the CSSA organisation, which appears to be the best avenue for our rights these days.

Ontarioans, I beg of you, stop these Liberals.
Old 08-12-05, 17:03
HUP guy

Default Fiberals to ban Handguns

Rob,

Thanks for starting off what will surely be a long and vocal thread.

After hearing just part of the PM's news conference this am you would have to think that legitimate gun collectors are the major part of Toronto's current crime problems. Also, Martin's continued references to the great Australian gun control 'model' are very concerning.

You can't say we weren't warned years ago what would happen. It shouldn't be hard to get the legitimate guns in now. The government knows where to go for them. While I don't support all the NRA in the USA stands for, you have to admire them recognizing the thin edge of the wedge on restrictive legislative proposals and acting strongly.

Brian
Old 08-12-05, 17:42
carrier mech

The CSSA just had a NRA representative in Ontario to speak to them about how to better organise, and gain some political clout. Alas, I'm afraid it will be too little too late.

If you care at all about the firearms you have, the right to property ownership, and even those dewats you like to display with your vehicles, then best to put your money where your mouth is NOW!!!
The CSSA appears to be a good organisation, and they are Ontario based which is where we need them.
Don't waste your money on the NFA; they have been in dissarray for years, and a few strong personalities there seem to think that any one elses ideas or organisation is a strike against their own, instead of trying to work together. There also are allegations that there is irregularities in their accounting practices.

Other than a few AR15 variants I use for some of the more modern matches, all my firearms are in the historic realm; Inglis hipower, sterling SMG, Boyes ATR, LongBranch 4T, M1D, M1A1, M1919A4...... all quality guns with some history to them. Not to mention that I have a fair bit of cash tied up in them, I also enjoy using them.
If Paul Martin wants to alienate us Westerners, this is the way to do it.
Old 08-12-05, 18:04

Another nail in the liberals coffin.
All that will happen is law abiding citizens will lose thier guns and the gangs in Toronto will go on killing each other.
Who are they trying to kid????????Any idiot can see that criminals are NOT going to turn in their already illegally owned guns.
I wasn't sure who to vote for before...now I am 100% certain it will not be LIBERAL.

CRIME CONTROL NOT GUN CONTROL....do the liberals have any brains at all??????????
Old 08-12-05, 18:07
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Gun Control...

Ban Handguns...
It's all about votes...
If Paul Martin could ban sex to snag a few votes ,he would...
This may be the last straw for legit gun owners...
But it is too late ..Once you registered a weapon ,they know where they are..Should never have registered in the first place..
Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb..
They'll be knocking on your door soon to confiscate ALL your guns...
Makes me want to puke..
I'm moving to Texas,when you can still own guns and they snuff criminals..Too bad they still put up with Liberals in Canada..
Old 08-12-05, 18:43
Dave Demorrow

alex, we can look for a place for you down here in tx. and you can help with my carriers.
42 6LB GUN
and the list keeps growing, and growing.... i need help LOL
Old 08-12-05, 20:45
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Big Move....

Quote:
Originally posted by alleramilitaria
alex, we can look for a place for you down here in tx. and you can help with my carriers.
Dave
Thanks for the offer...How could I leave Canada??
Sitting here at 20 below Zero...
Stupid Liberal polititions...
High taxes...
High prices....
Salt on the roads rusting out our cars in three or four years...
Need I go on...??
But I will go to Florida for a couple of weeks this winter..
So I guess it is not all that bad..
Still got some booze in the cupboard..grub in the freezer,warm in the house and a paid for roof over my head..and a great family and in half decent health...
Gonna stick it out for the duration now ,but if I was 40 years younger....
I love my country but wish there were some smarter voters around here..
Old 08-12-05, 23:12
Mr. HUP

Default Time to get our pasty white Canadian asses off the couch!

If you check the stats, you will find that the majority of young eligible voters don't vote. As well, the largest demographic that does not vote is your middle class average joe - a case of beer and a hockey game are more compelling than voting to most of these guys.

So, kick your friends, family, associates (and yourself if it applies) in the arse and get them out to get rid of the theiving politically correct bastages (apologies to J. Dangerously...).

Otherwise we will be hearing more rants about the "immigrants" (whom we white folk, if you excuse the terminology, outnumber 8 to one) electing the same rotten gang.

Exercise your mandate and get folks out to vote. Otherwise we may be seeing the following headline in the future:

"Government to ban sale and use of former military vehicles - says they send the wrong message about Canada and Canadians"

Get with it folks - VOTE!
Old 08-12-05, 23:21

I Agree in many cases those that don't vote cry the loadest!!

I hate to think I will have to give up my LeMat Pistol..a modern repro of an 1860s percussion gun..have to register the repro but not the original yet they both fire, The firearms office really didn't like the pistol..9 .44s in the cylinder and that rotates on a 16 gauge shotgun barrel...

Dean
Old 09-12-05, 00:03
HUP guy

Default What's next?

Rob Clarke has it right.

Even if you don't particularly care about the banning of handguns, consider that any other item of your property could one day make the government's hit list.

It's amazing the number of times today I heard on open line radio shows comments like: "Why would anyone want one of those?" or "Nobody should be allowed to have that many in this country".

It's time to stand up for your property rights. Get active in this election campaign.

Brian
Old 09-12-05, 03:31
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Fiberals to ban Handguns

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Gough
Rob,

It shouldn't be hard to get the legitimate guns in now. The government knows where to go for them.

Brian
How many times did those slime suckin' bastards in Ottawa tell us that registration wouldn't lead to confiscation!!!!!!!! I remember hearing time and time again that the Liberal Party aka U.S.S.R (Union of Stupid Socialist Retards) just want to register firearms to make it easier for the police to solve crimes and to return firearms if stolen. Well Mr. Gough, you may not like all that the NRA stands for but there sure are a heck of a lot of us that do! The thin edge of the wedge has gotten so thick that its about to choke the few true freedom loving Canadians that are left! There is a very good reason why we can't give the anti-gunners one inch, not one tiny concession because once lost our rights will never be returned!
Thank God for the 2nd Amendment!!!!!Thank God for the NRA!!!!!

You may now return to the previously scheduled program.
Old 09-12-05, 04:16

One of the main men in the Toronto Guns and Gangs squad came in to the garage tonight to pick up his truck. I told him I needed his cheque right away because he would soon be out of work. He knows I am an avid collector and I have even gone shooting with him. We discussed the Liberal no thought, no brain ideas and he and most of his fellow officers agree that their hands are tied with this current court system and changing it wont get votes. Martin will get votes though with this current agenda. Over a dozen non white youths from the problem area in Toronto have been arrested MORE than 3 times for gun crimes or possession and have been released within 3 days max. People don't want to hear this though. We can't have statistics that single out any minorities. Statistics are only for white guys and legal gun owners.
Let the cops do their jobs and don't tie their hands.
Barry

P.S. My mother owned property in Alberta so does this qualify me as legal immigrant if you western guys separate?
Old 09-12-05, 04:18
M38A1 CDN3

Well, I'm certainly revved up and outraged at Martin's latest election puffery about banning all handguns in Canada.

First of all, it ain't gonna happen. It's another Liberal false promise which is for photo ops only.

The Liberals just can't get their act together...just two weeks ago the Justice Minister stated that he didn
't believe harsher penalties for those convicted of weapons offences would help curb Toronto's gang and gun violence since Canada has the toughest gun laws in the world.

So now they're tripping over each other in order to show that they are concerned with gun violence. What hypocrites!

There are two principles that the Liberal twits just don't seem to realize...handguns have been required to be registered since the early '30s. So, has the further registration of all firearms curtailed gun violence?...obviously, the answer is NO!

Secondly...and this is so easy to understand...criminals don't register their firearms...only law-abiding citizens do...and having registered them, are subject to confiscation without compensation (which is outright theft!) at the government's whim, via an Order in Council which bypasses parliamentary
debate. I was there in Ottawa on the lawn of the Parliament buildings when then Justice Minister Alan Rock stated "Registration does not mean confiscation". Lying bastard.

One thing which may be in a handgun owner's favour though is
the fact that the Liberals couldn't possibly confiscate hundreds of thousands of handguns without some sort of rebellion (YES, YES). They will probably, if re-elected, fall back on the confiscation of handguns which were declared to be prohibited, but were bought by people who tried to take advantage of a legal loophole which the Canadian Firearms Centre and Dept of Justice thoroughly screwed up. This deals with .25 and .32 cal guns with a barrel length of less than 105 mm. Those who bought them during this period, which was after the final re-registration date, were playing a dangerous crap game and most probably will be forced to turn them in.

Those who possessed and re-registered before that cut off date, and are registered as genuine collectors and belong to an accredited gun club will probably be left alone...for now.

As previously stated, start cajoling, kicking butt, pleading if need be and get people out to vote. Emphasize that Canadians have no property rights enshrined in the Charter of Rights. If guns can be taken away today, what can be taken from you tomorrow?