MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 11-04-12, 18:21

Default 9.00 x 16 Tires

I am looking for a set of 9.00 x 16 tires for my M37 restoration, let me know what you have, thanks.
Old 12-04-12, 04:38

Default Best bet.....

Buy them new from Wallace Wade and have them shipped to Watertown for pickup at UPS.... you only pay PST and GST when for personal use.

Hate to say this but it will save you $$ instead fo buying from a Canadian dealer.

Bob C.
Canada
Old 12-04-12, 14:06

If you get them shipped to a border UPS store, try to track them and pick them up soon after they arrive. Some (perhaps all???) UPS stores charge a $5 fee to receive tires and then add a storage fee if they are in the store over a week. At least some of the UPS stores that charge these fees will waive the fee if you maintain a delivery box at the store. It might be worth setting up a box for whatever the minimum term is, just to avoid the receiving and storage fees if you think you won't be able to pick the tires up promptly.
Old 13-04-12, 02:20
3RD ECHELON WKSP

See my thread under 7.00-16 tires wanted.
I have set up an account with shiptotheborder.com and it is called a Kinek account. You will be given a specific user ID number to use for packages as well as your choice of border points. There are a number of bonded secure businesses on the US side that are part of a network which provides this service-no minimum fees, no PO Box number etc. You will pay a fee for each parcel delivered to the US address and they will hold for 30 days. The fees seem quite reasonable, dependant on which drop location you use, some are open weekends, and some have dock services for pallets.
Your address will apear something like this;
Joe Blow
Storage Central
Buffalo, NY
You can change ship to addresses anytime, your user ID stays the same. You can use for Paypal orders, ebay, private purchases, Amazon etc etc
Many US dealers will simply not ship items cross border OR to a P.O Box neither. This gives them a confirmed, real US address to send items to. They do have limits as to what can be received and certainly do not condone certain illegal items as they reserve right to inspect suspicious packages.

Bob, as far as saving dollars on tires, at the moment I am looking into this and there is a small, not huge saving over Canadian dealers. Depends on what your time is worth etc.
eg. 7.00-16 STA NDCC at Willys Acres are $169 each plus HST (5 tires = $845 plus $109.85HST, $954.85)
They are $134US from various US dealers, plus shipping, plus HST, plus gas to drive cross border to pick them up at the border.( 5 tires= $670 plus 87.10HST, 757.10) plus a tank of fuel, lunch etc and whatever junk the signifigant other decides she wants if you take her with you. Lets say maybe $100 difference...
Tire prices have taken a huge hike in the last year.

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers

Last edited by chris vickery; 13-04-12 at 02:29.