MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 05-05-11, 17:54

Default Wanted CMP front convoy marker lamps

Am on the look-out for a pair of side marker lamps as fitted to CMP. Either Ford or GM pattern O.K as they are to be fitted to an ex-SADF (South Africa) Land Rover SIIb and the back of the lamps is behind the panel. The lamps were the standard fittings for the SADF SIIb and the equivalent rear stop lamps are still fitted to the rear. I'm guessing the SADF were using old WWII stock when the SIIB was built as there were still international sanctions in place because of "apartheid".

I have a pair of backs which could be repaired but I don't have any serviceable fronts with lenses!

Am willing to swap a genuine diff lamp as part of the deal (instead of damaging the lamp to remove the tube).

Diana

Last edited by Dianaa; 06-05-11 at 06:19.
Old 06-05-11, 07:07

Thumbs up CMP Lights

CONTACT: Brian Asbury, of Milton Ontaio Canada. He probably has a few units to sell and will probably get a hold of you on the MLU FORUM. Cheers Robert
Old 07-05-11, 02:56
Brian Asbury

Default CMP steel marker lights

Thanks Robert for the reference. And yes, Diana, I have new original short front barrels with white lenses and small rubber gasket. Also the steel springs that press the lens tight. And: Bonus: very reasonable price. So PM me for details. The rear bulb sockets are harder to find so its is good that you have them. The wire is easy to replace if it has deteriorated.
Brian
Old 07-05-11, 10:27

Am now unable to swap the diff lamp outer as I donated it to the Army Museum of Military Engineering (Moorebank) for their GM CMP Pacific Fire Engine which is currently under restoration.

Unfortunately what was there has rusted away so of no use for my needs.

I will PM Brian tonight.
Old 19-05-11, 09:32

This forum has been great, after trying for over a year to acquire the side lamps, I join this forum and within a fortnight I have exactly what I needed.

Thanks Brian!

70 year old NOS makes me laugh!