MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Carrier Forum

Notices

Old 11-08-14, 01:59

Default fuel valve support

Hi guys,I am trying to figure out where the TL3515 fuel valve support is mounted on a MKII carrier.I will try to include a pic. Attaching pic is not going well.
Any help would be appreciated.
Dave
Old 11-08-14, 08:11

Without checking my parts list. Do you mean the fuel tank change over valve? It's fitted on the rear armour and operated remotely from the drivers end by a long rod. Here is mine. Ron

PS click the picture to expand it.
Attached Thumbnails
Carrier 085.jpg  
Old 11-08-14, 17:28

Ron, it's not the valve, mine is like yours.
it's frustrating not to be able to attach a pic. I will try a few more times when I get home for lunch. Thanks for the reply,Ron!
Old 11-08-14, 17:45

hey,Ron, I took another look at your pic, and the piece I am asking about is the flat, sort of triangular piece bolted to the bell housing, directly below the oil by pass valve, sitting in a horizontal position.On page 208 of the parts manual it is called a " Support,fuel pipe and fittings". when depleted,supply " support,three way fuel valve" #CTL 3515B.
OK, I finally got it sorted out with help from Ron and Ross's pics. It is not really a fuel valve support.It actually supports the oil bypass valve.
Thanks for all your help,guys.

Last edited by Dave Schindel; 11-08-14 at 19:23. Reason: add info
Old 12-08-14, 00:16

OK, I was wrong again. It IS the fuel valve support on a MKI . Wheww,finally got my ducks lined up.There is a tremendous amount of knowledge available on this forum. Thanks to everyone who helped!
Dave
Old 12-08-14, 00:20

The MK-I* manual fuel valve assembly mounts on the dual purpose bracket attached above the bell housing, together with the oil cooler bypass support.

This dual purpose mounting bracket, CTL 3515 B, still appears in the parts manual for installation on the C31UCW series because it continues to mount the oil cooler bypass support.

However, the MK-II* fuel valve assembly is a redesigned and relocated part, now mounted on a single purpose bracket, located on the lower hull rear protection plate. (see image by Ron in earlier post). It is, as Ron indicates, a remotely operated valve by a mechanical connection through the divisional wall into the front compartment.

That remote connection allows the seated driver or gunner to change the valve setting from the relative protection of the front compartment. On the MK-I* series, someone had to enter the rear compartment, remove an upper engine panel for access, and manually alter the valve setting. Murphy's Law said: " . . . ".

The image Ron posted of his fuel valve assembly location is correct for the MK-II*.

Last edited by Michael R.; 12-08-14 at 16:05.
Old 12-08-14, 08:22

Once again a concise and detailed report from Michael R. Who is able to study those lists without going boss eyed like I do!!!
For years I had a three way valve fitted that came from a local hydraulic fittings firm. Then I discovered that Dirk Leegwater has some original valves at 55 Euros. So I re-made the bracket and now have the correct one fitted. Ron
Attached Images

Last edited by Ron Pier; 12-08-14 at 20:26.
Old 12-08-14, 19:56

Yes, indeed Michael is a wealth of knowledge! and was a great help to me.