MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 29-02-24, 10:32

Default Commander's Engine Emergency Stop box - SHERMAN

All

I needed an Engine Emergency Stop button box for my Firefly.

Having failed to find an original, I had some made.

I have 2 remaining from the production run with no plans to make any more.

Price @ £312 each excluding shipping.

I have evidence that indicates these were installed as a British modification on M4, M4 Hybrid and M4A4 Sherman (75mm, Crab and others, not just Firefly), not sure about the other models as haven't researched them.

I also have photographic evidence which proves these were in Firefly supplied by the British to the Canadians and South Africans.

It therefore seems a logical assumption that these were likely to be a standard mod across all Sherman purchased lend-lease and either used by the British or supplied by them to other nations. However, I cannot currently prove this assumption.

The original pattern kindly supplied by Maurice Donkers is on the right... my reproduction on the left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240222_201700.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	435.8 KB
ID:	137095

Name:	Emergency-Stop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	137096

Name:	M4-Emergency-Stop.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	137097

More photos of the reproduction available upon request.

NB - The data plate double sided - as per the original... presumably to allow the box to be installed inverted (though inverting the front panel has the same effect)... though it is possible the data plate originated elsewhere and was simply reused here. Lots of British mods used previously existing parts from all sorts of places and not pieces specifically designed for the tank.

If anyone would like one, please send me a PM.

Many thanks

Tim