MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 10-08-03, 00:06

Unhappy A brief Encounter at Beltring

I thought I'd just share this with you all,
Picture the scene if you will, two heavily camouflaged warriors mounted on an equally camouflaged and heavily armed Mk111 109 Land Rover pull up in front of the Oxford CMP crew camp, the conversation one to another went something like this….".These are funny looking wagons who makes them then?". …. "Blowed if I know, probably those new DAF things". Their quest for knowledge slaked they engaged gear and vanished in a faint haze of exhaust smoke back to the land where Rambo always wins in the end.
Sad but true!!!!

Pete
PS It's been 32C here in Oxfordshire today and it's due to be hotter tomorrow, please send Vegimite and cold beer
Old 10-08-03, 15:07
Dutch member

Default Re: A brief Encounter at Beltring

Quote:
Originally posted by Pete Ashby

PS It's been 32C here in Oxfordshire today and it's due to be hotter tomorrow, please send Vegimite and cold beer
Pete, my beach Landrover (type 88, d.d. 1958) to Beltring next year ? No camou or rambo outfit .
What do you like, Heineken or Amstel (cold) beer on the 15th of September, when I am in England (will you Steve ask to wake up ?). Is the Oxford crew coming to Holland, next Month ? I remember something.

Mvg. Dirk

Old 10-08-03, 23:43

Default Land Rover

Dirk

Love the Land Rover, yes you'll fit in just fine next year, leave the blue bags on for effect !!!. Why don't you bring a nice DAF as well then we could have a line up??.

The Oxford crew won't be over to Holland in September this year, next year we would like to come over with our trucks for Arnhem, looks like we may bring the following: F8 11, F15A 11, C15A 12 and C30 LAA 13.

Hope to see you when you are over, I'll get the details off Steve

Best Wishes

Pete