MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Tributes

Notices

Old 04-05-18, 12:29

Default Jim Fraser has passed away

Hello

Sadly after a long fight with cancer Jim Fraser passed away at around 05:00 this morning (4 May) with his family by his side.

He will be missed by his family and friends.

A few weeks back I was alone in his garage with him when he decided to get an m38 running. He got it started and let it run in the garage before he drove it inside.

At the end we were covered in "Jeep Smell", which put a smile on his face. He loved his jeeps but not as much as he loved his family.

I will keep everybody posted on any arrangements being made.

Thank you

Eric
Attached Thumbnails
scan0017.jpg   scan0020.jpg   DSC_0202.jpg  
Old 04-05-18, 12:46

Sad news. RIP Jim.
Old 04-05-18, 13:21

Default Here goes another good man....

So painfull to hear .......we are loosing a significant member to the OD community.

My condolences to his family.

Bob C
Canada
Old 04-05-18, 14:14
carrier mech

Very sad to hear of Jim's passing. We had talked on the phone over the years, and I am glad to have finally met him in person two years back during the 25pdr recovery.

Jim was a character, and I don't mean that in any disrespectful way.
Old 04-05-18, 14:27
HUP guy

Default RIP Jim

This is very sad news that Jim is no longer with us. Sincere condolences to Linda and Jim's family and friends.

Jim's passing is a great loss to the military vehicle collecting community. He truly loved to search out and acquire vehicles, no matter where in the country. I would think over the years he owned more Jeeps than anyone else. Friends will recall the anguish he suffered a few years ago when he liquidated a large part of his Jeep fleet. He overcame that situation by continuing to search and buy more.

I will miss our often long telephone conversations (interrupted by frequent calls for wrecker service) as Jim kept me up to date on Jeep, CMP and Dodge finds through his large network of friends all across Canada. Despite his huge health struggle over the past months he was always positive. It was encouraging to me he continued to try to buy anything Jeep related I had. Our final conversation on Tuesday was very brief and by then, no mention of his beloved Jeeps.

Rest in peace Jim.

Brian
Old 04-05-18, 18:02

My condolences to his family.

Glad to have met him and had great dealings with him.

Rest In Peace Jim

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62
Old 04-05-18, 21:56
MLU Administrator

Sorry to hear that. I did not know him, but reading others who did, it is a great loss to the hobby.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Hanno
Old 04-05-18, 23:24
John

Passing on my condolences to Linda and familly. jimmy will be missed greatly by anyone that knew him. He was a wonderful book of knowledge in the mv community and a wonderful man. We have spent many hours on the phone over the years talking jeeps and anything else that would pop up. I will miss him greatly and cherrish all the good laughs we had over the years. Rest in peace Jim and god bless.

John
Old 05-05-18, 01:00

Sadly I never met Jim, but I can tell from the outpouring of affection from this community his loss will be hard felt. Condolences to his family and friends.

John
Old 05-05-18, 01:06

Default Jim Fraser

Jim will be missed , a great guy , a friend for over 20 years, always on the hunt for the next vehicle find . Last year I gave Jim some photos of his vehicles that I had taken over the years, his ability to remember most of them was uncanny.
The previous pic of Jim standing next to a 13 cab chev was taken in douglas Ontario on one of his hunts. He later introduced me to the owner who sold me the truck , years later Jim traded me a small bulldozer for the chev, which he later sold. Lots of deals , lots of fun, a charmer, who new his jeeps and loved them !
K Armitage

Photo below : Mitch (Jim's son ) and Jim summer of 2017
Attached Thumbnails
fall 2017 Kirk 085 - Copy.JPG  
Old 05-05-18, 14:58

Default Obituary o Jim Fraser

Obituary of Jim Fraser

September 19, 1957 - May 4, 2018

Owner/Operator Fraser's Towing & Tires (40 years)

Jim passed away at his home in Arnprior, Friday May 4th, 2018 surrounded by the peace and love of his family at the age of 60. Beloved husband and best friend of 41 years to Linda (nee Lemieux). Proud and loving father of Ryan (Amy), Shannon Wood (Christopher), Mitchell (Amber Clost) and Travis. Most cherished grandpa of Adalyn, Micha, Lillian and Serena. Dear brother of Norma Glover (late Paul) of Sarnia and Bruce Fraser (Donna) of White Lake. Son of the late Norman and Frances (nee Bruce) Fraser. Jim will be fondly remembered by his nieces and nephews. He will be missed by his community, hunt camp gang and countless friends from one side of “The Valley” to the other. Arrangements by the Boyce Funeral Home Ltd., 138 Daniel Street North, Arnprior. Visitation Monday May 7, 2018 from 2-5 p.m. and 6-9 p.m. and after 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. Memorial Service will take place Tuesday May 8, 2018 in the Boyce Chapel at 11:00 a.m. As an expression of sympathy, please consider a donation to the Trust Fund that is in place for Jimmy’s grandchildren.
Old 05-05-18, 16:08

Default Funeral Procession

Hello

I just talked to Linda

Following the funeral service, there will be a procession where Jim's ashes will be transported in his Dads M38, which was just restored. The family are inviting everybody with a vintage military vehicle or tow truck to participate. The procession will end up back at the funeral parlor.

In lieu of flowers the family would prefer a contribution to the Grandchildren's Trust Fund, which was Jim's wishes. This has not yet been set up and i will advise when details have been arranged.

Thanks

Eric
Old 07-05-18, 03:12

Default Jim Fraser

To the growing list, I add my condolences to Linda and the family.
Jim was a friendly, knowledgable and a leading member in the MV/jeep collecting community. He would call regularly and you finished the call thinking how much you enjoyed chatting with him and the smile his stories put on your face. Whenever I stopped in to see him he was a gracious host and would show me all the latest treasures in his collection,and relate yet more humourous anecdotes, and vehicle or hunting adventures. What a great guy, what a loss!
B.P.
Old 07-05-18, 08:59

Default "Tis a sad Ting"....

"Tis a sad Ting"....as the Irish would say! I never knew Jim voice to voice...but I did converse with him through the MLU Forum or through emails. And as I speak for everyone so far...."just one hell of a nice guy". Extremely sorry that this voice of knowledge has passed and my condolences to his family. Kind regards to all.....Robert
Old 12-05-18, 13:56

Default Jim's Grandchildren's Trust Fund

Hello

Following the Memorial Service was a Procession, which was lead by Jim's Dad's M38, which he had built from NOS parts. Jim recently had it restored but never took it out for a drive as he was too ill.
Jim's children were in the M38 carrying Jim's Ashes. Photo was taken by Rob Greive.

The Procession included many tow trucks as well as a couple of Military vehicles.

There will be a trail-ride later this year taking Jim to his final resting place.

For those wishing to contribute to Jim's Grandchildren's Trust Fund. please make cheques payable to " Fraser Family in Trust" and mail to Boyce Funeral Home 138 Daniel St North, Arnprior ON K7S 2L3

Thanks
Eric
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail_20180508_121949.jpg  
Old 16-05-18, 03:00

My condolences to his family
Old 16-07-18, 15:34
Mark Sop

Default Very saddened by the news of Jim’s passing

Jim was a great man with old school honesty
We talked semi regularly in the last few years on and off , at great lengths , ( as I’m sure he did with many here),
Lots of great stories of finds , his history with the collecting/restoring pastime
Purolaterd parts back n forth ; with him ,etc
I’d been away from everything for a while dealing with my dad’s battle
, n eventual losing him to same cancers recently
These fellas fought this horrible disease as warriors , staying as positive
As possible , and will be sadly missed
I’ve just recently gotten back online , realizing the passing of Jim also
My condolences to his family and very saddened at the loss of this great fella
He was larger than life , and honored that I got to talk with him whenever I did
Thanks Jim for being a great mentor for many , and for being an example of what a good hard working , honest family man is .. Will never forget you
Will speak of you in the highest regards always , condolences to the family again , and may you Rest In Peace Jim