MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 20-01-07, 07:37
Vets Dottir

Default Spitfire Memories?

Hello,

I was checking the news about the bad weather ... and spotted this video news about a "gathering Spitfires memories for a project" ... and thought of Keefy and you others who love Spitfires

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/video/vid...r.2166.0.0.php

I was wondering if Master and Missus Notton's are/were being whalloped by the weather ... and how about you David and Juliette? ... which was why I was looking for news about if you people are effected by mama nature gone crazy again/still ...

Karmen
Old 20-01-07, 10:57
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Memories

I've been doing this for several years now... and have many interviews with former Spitfire (and other) pilots.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 20-01-07, 16:30
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Spitfire Memories?

Quote:
Originally posted by Vets Dottir
Hello,

I was checking the news about the bad weather ... and spotted this video news about a "gathering Spitfires memories for a project" ... and thought of Keefy and you others who love Spitfires
Karmen
How can one not love such a blend of almost organic lines and sheer power! I've been very lucky to have seen three different Spitfires fly... two at the Abbotsford International Airshow and another at the Phoenix air show in Arizona. I've also seen several on static display at air museums. The Planes of Fame in Chino, California and the Air museum in Galveston, Texas come to mind and are both impeccably restored.
Old 20-01-07, 17:36
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Memories

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Webb
I've been doing this for several years now... and have many interviews with former Spitfire (and other) pilots.
I didn't have ANY doubts whatsoever that you would have a personal collection BUT I wondered if you had already filmed a Spitfire and their pilots documentary or ??? Not to give you a big head or anything, but I suspect that anything you've done, or will do, will top what and how these people do one! ... Am I correct, or what?

Karmen
Old 20-01-07, 17:45
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Re: Spitfire Memories?

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
How can one not love such a blend of almost organic lines and sheer power! I've been very lucky to have seen three different Spitfires fly...

Maybe if I'm REALLY lucky I'll be able to see a Spitfire up close and personal while visiting Oz ... I don't remember for sure if the Temora Aviation Museum is on my itinerary, but if it is, they have a Spitfire or two

http://www.aviationmuseum.com.au/aircraft/

Karmen
Old 20-01-07, 20:21
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Spits

Try this link

Or this one to see a couple of my short videos.

The Temora DVD incorporates some of the interviews I have made with Spitfire pilots including one ace.

Thanks for the compliment, Carman.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 20-01-07, 20:44
Vets Dottir

Default Re: Spits

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Webb The Temora DVD incorporates some of the interviews I have made with Spitfire pilots including one ace.

Thanks for the compliment, Carman. [/B]
Excellent ... I think that my brain would flop around in my skull and I'd toss my cookies in one of those rides (as it may do in the Oz flights!!!) but it would be worth it!

I meant what I said Keith. I like your videos and documentaries, your voice is perfect for narrating, and what you say and shoot is great! With your knowledge of the histories you know whats important to focus on. Am I correct?

Karmen