MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 01-07-14, 19:17

Default Australian and New Zealand Military Imposters Website

Came across this website by people exposing supposed veterans who aren't veterans.

Hard to believe that people would pose as veterans when they weren't. These people really dis-honour the real veterans who made the ulitimate sacrifices.

We need to expose these people for what they really are.

http://www.anzmi.net/
Old 01-07-14, 22:10
HLIofC - Normandy Pl

Default wow...

Pretty intensive stuff

too many carriers
too many rovers
not enough time.
(and now a BSA...)
(and now a Triumph TRW...)
Old 02-07-14, 00:24
Tony Baker

I'm reading all of it. These frauds boil my blood. In the course of my work I have met a lot of the local Veterans, from all theatres and conflicts. Vast majority are humble to point that unless I specifically ask about military service (info needed by me, to establish entitlements re. health care) you wouldn't know they were Returned Service Personnel. HOWEVER, in past years I have met a small number of 'Vietnam veterans' (note, no capital V) who would have you believe they were deployed to work in 'under cover' roles. I try hard not to roll my eyes, and think to myself.....oh no, not another one! Based on the very small number of Veterans that I personally meet, the total number of Australians who were involved in under cover operations must have been MASSIVE! What these clowns dont realise is that I can very easily reconcile service no. against service history. The result of searching often shows a somewhat less incredulous military service period. That said, there were two occasions where their claims were substantiated, or substantiation hinted at!

Its sad that people feel the need to create inflated importance in order to be admired. Surely it must chew away at them inside...........wouldn't it? I guess a sociopathic personality may not, but surely the majority of imposters are just sad little men who want some attention in an otherwise boring and unremarkable life.
Old 02-07-14, 06:23

It is even more sad when veterans of one conflict add another conflict where they never served to their resume.

To have a real veteran dishonour his true service and mates for what end boggles one's mind.
Old 02-07-14, 20:40

Default Impostors

Dear Aussie and NZ friends,

Do not worry, the habit of false service claims is not limited to your part of the world. We have the same blight here in North America.

From people buying theater of war service medals on ebay and wearing them on victory parades on a large avenue in New-York to our own soldiers ( Canada ) wearing qualification badges they do not deserve.

I was once involved on an investigation concerning an MP allegedly wearing a Parachutist Qualification badge he did not deserve having never been on the course . When asked by a suspicious NCO , he gave a wrong course serial number . That did him in.

It all goes to prove that stupidity is a worldwide spread illness.

94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 02-07-14 at 20:41. Reason: spelling
Old 16-07-14, 08:12

I know a veteran quite well and some years back he scoured the second hand shops looking for medals to wear,yes he is a veteran of the vietnam conflict and does deserve the medals that he earned there,but not the others he wears,he was even kicked out of the drill hall mess one anzac day because he made out that he done things in vietnam that he didnt!!.
sadly he thinks the rules dont apply to him and he can do what he likes,he just doesnt care.
Of course everyone elses opinion of him is at the least VERY LOW.
Old 17-07-14, 04:30
Terry Warner

Be careful when challenging someone over their medals. This last fall, there was a major $hitstorm on a Facebook forum for veterans and serving members. A photo was posted of a middle aged fellow attending a small town 11 Nov parade. The collective wisdom (or in this case hysteria) couldn't identify half of his medals, and jumped to the conclusion that he was a fraud. A few more careful fellows did some photo-interp, and someone else put a name to the man. The case was solved, and all ranks were told to dummy up and stand down.

It seems he is a Reserve officer from Toronto. His employer is a major consumer product manufacturer with generous military service absence policies. He has been able to ladder step up in ranks in both organizations. As a skilled staff officer, he was tapped for all sorts of oddball UN and overseas missions. He did such a good job, he was named to a couple of orders in Canada and some miscellaneous French order. As an executive, he was able to bring a cosmopolitain and military-influence leadership style to the business. It helped them make money and be good corporate citizens.

No fraud involved, just an unusual service career.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!