MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 04-10-12, 21:28

Default Set of 4 new Firestone 10.50 x16

For sale an immaculate set of 4 firestone 10.50 x 16. I have never seen anything like it in this size.

click on like for pictures http://www.elalamein.eu/parts
Old 05-10-12, 02:25

Default Wow.......

....... why do you live so far....?

Any idea when they were made...... are they actually stamped 1942-44......my father in law worked for Firestone in the Hamilton area and he claims he made some of those well into the late 48-49.

Bob C
....from the barn toooo far !!!!
Canada
Old 05-10-12, 03:19
carrier mech

Hey Bob, at least we have the STA 10:50X16s these days. But I have to admit, those firestones look great. Likely won't be good for long though if they were driven at (CMP) highway speeds. Be great for a static display vehicle though.
Old 05-10-12, 03:30

Default For static display......

...... wonder why museum are not opting for a foam injection for display vehicles........ whenever you visit museum, including the CWM ,there are always tires with very low inflation........ near flat..... Must be full time job for someone to pump them old tires back up ........

Bob
Canada
Old 05-10-12, 04:41
carrier mech

When I started working for the Shilo museum back in March, I also had to deal with a number of low and flat tires. 90% of them were due to improper installation of the inner tubes. Things like no re-enforcing at the valve stems, valve off center tubes being used where valve on center tubes were required, and good old pinching of the inner tubes at the halves of the rims. I think I even had a nail in one of them.

I queried the local tire supplier about valve on center tubes and re-enforced flaps, but they could not help me. I brought up a fair batch from Wallace Wade at the last convention. The tire situation has become a lot more manageable now.

Foam filling is very expensive. We had it on a number of the all terrain forklifts when I was working overseas. Amazing the abuse they would endure, but the cost for static displays, or for vehicles that might put on 20 miles in a year, is hard to justify.