MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > Post-war Military Vehicles

Notices

Old 07-03-13, 05:32
Trained Monkey Lurking

Default 9.00-16 Tyres......

OK, I am in Tasmania Australia, the retreads on the Dodge are starting to show signs of dying on me and I need to get some rubber organised ready to buy in July (will have the funds then). I have a price on the firestone from antiwue tyres, $440 plus freight plus tube and flap if needed and fitting of course per tyre. I have another price on alliance tyres of $575 plus tube each fitted. Saying that all my tubes etc. should be ok so their cost hopefully should not come into it, has anyone out there got any better suggestions as to what to get and where to get 9.00-16's in Australia???
I may just have to bite the $2,875 bullet (will replace spare also) but it's going to leave a bad taste for sure

MM
Old 07-03-13, 10:31
RIP

Default Keep Looking

Hi MM - I chased around for quite a while for these tyres for our F15 and eventually found them on Ebay. They come up quite regularly and there could even be some at Corowa next week. PM me some contact details and I will look around.

Salesman Bob
Website owner - salesmanbob.com
Old 07-03-13, 10:37

MRF tyres were available here. don't know if they still are
http://www.mrftyres.com/downloads/mi...rvicetyres.pdf
This question has been asked quite a few times on this forum, probably worth a search or two.
Rich.
Old 07-03-13, 12:20
Trained Monkey Lurking

Thanks Bob and Richard, I will do a search of the forum and see what pops up. I cannot afford to move on any until July when I get a tax return so as good as the offer is to look at Corowa I'll have to pass on purchasing anything at present (guarantee there will be lots there for sale when I can't have them, none there when I can, I am sure we have all experienced this). MRF has discontinued all military treads and supply now from what I have read but this could have changed of late, The firestones are ok and the alliance, although a better tyre is much more expensive of course but hey, you buy a rarity you buy the rare problems involved with it I guess......
Bob Moseley, now there is a familiar name, have we met at some stage and my awful memory has put any more info I have about you out of my reach?? - also, F15, I am guessing it is not a fighter jet with bartreads (indian or Russian Air Force Style??), what do you have that uses these exotic rubber sizes?

Edit: Read your signature - Doh!! Now I know what an F15 is when it's not a flying one - Got a piccy of your "landborne" F15 please??