MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MLU ADMIN > TAC HQ

Notices

Old 30-08-07, 08:38
RIP

Default Privacy

Hi all

I have noticed that lately a number of posts in various threads are containing far too much personal information with regard to the identity of collectors/restorers and the vehicles or weapons they possess. My rule is that I will only post details with the subject's permission. A lot of people treasure their privacy. Don't forget MLU is read worldwide and could be treasure chest for thieves and vagabonds. Too many people in the past have been ripped off and/or had gear stolen.

So please, think before you write.

Bob
Old 30-08-07, 10:10
Vets Dottir 2nd

I'm with you on all that, Bob. When I see so much specifics and details, especially names and sometimes address/coordinates, phone numbers etc, I cringe and hope nothing bad comes of so publically exposing all this. Who knows what visitors might be MLU-shopping for MLU-er 's stuff ... and wants it free. Especially things that go bang.

I'm paranoid I've been told. So be it I just am concerned so often. Maybe it would be good to post some guidelines (MLU no no's) regards this? ... but that may be an issue with some people who don't have concerns about posting their own specifics to all of cyberland.

Karmen
Old 30-08-07, 11:36
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Privacy

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Moseley
Hi all............

................So please, think before you write.

Bob
Bob me 'ol trout, I try to stay on top of things like this, especially weapons and contact particulars, but with working for a living and other projects ongoing the rest of the time, I'm not always current on all posts ( ). Would you, or anyone else for that matter, be so kind as to PM me the URL and a one-line comment whenever you see something that triggers your air raid siren?

Thanks for your vigilance.
Old 30-08-07, 11:38
Vets Dottir 2nd

Will do (I guess I should scan all new posts ... something I don't do usually as I tend to hang out in Sargents Mess and History mostly ... will browse more from now on )