MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MLU ADMIN > TAC HQ

Notices

Old 28-12-07, 20:47
Vets Dottir 2nd

Default Help: Posting Links

Hi ... I want to know how to post a link in MLU but put clickable text there instead of the link string showing in the post. HOW do I accomplish this? I've seen a few others in here post their own words and clicking on them takes to the links/page ... can one of you the Ma Yappy how to do this? Please and thanks if you can!

Ma
Old 28-12-07, 21:25
Paul

Default Posting Links

Karmen,

All I do when I find something worthwhile to put in is copy the address from the Address bar and paste it in to my post.

As for putting a particular word in instead, I haven't got a "baldy" to be honest with you. I wouldn't mind finding out for my self.

Paul.

( Under cover from low flying , watching the night sky most intently )
Old 28-12-07, 21:57
Vets Dottir 2nd

I do the same regards copy/paste page link string from the browsers' address bar and that string is what I want clickable, but through a different word or something

I'm confused, are you or are you not responsible for fixing my link to show a chosen word rather than the link string? (Sounds like YOU didn't do it : )

Maybe a great teacher will jump in this thread and teach us MLUers in general HOW TO do this ourselves. Here's hoping
Old 28-12-07, 22:06
Vets Dottir 2nd

Default Re: Posting Links

Quote:
Originally posted by PPS
Karmen,( Under cover from low flying , watching the night sky most intently )
My can reach all the way to Ireland and really likes an Irish head ... you'll hear bells ... a wee bitty Irish blessing for ye lad ...

"O Lord, be between us and harm and protect us from the harm of the world."

Old 28-12-07, 23:45
Vets Dottir 2nd

Default testing

just a test run here folks ... please ignore

http://www.mapleleafup.org/forums/

MLU
Old 28-12-07, 23:47
Vets Dottir 2nd

okay ... I see I got the MLU text to cover the link strink but see the other link showing too ARGH ... how did I do that? I dunno ... back to try again ...............
Old 28-12-07, 23:49
Vets Dottir 2nd

MLU MAIN SITE
Old 28-12-07, 23:50
Vets Dottir 2nd

Hot dang ... I galdarned well diddit! Hurrah ... thanks Teacher Geoff
Old 29-12-07, 00:11
Vets Dottir 2nd

HOW I DID IT:

1) Bring up compose post window.

2) Click on the box showing --- http : // --- and (for my IE browser anyways) a prompt box pops up asking you to enter the text you want ...

3) Enter text you want then click OK ... which pops up another prompt box to insert an url. Insert url and click OK ... that immediately enters the link into the post and the prompt box disappears.

VOILA.

MLU main site

I hope this works for you if you're on different type browsers or computers? Geoff taught me how to do this and I'm passing it on to you, so if you can't figure it out, give him heck instead of me

(Thanks Geoff)
Old 29-12-07, 01:30
Paul

Default Low flying frypans

Quote:
My can reach all the way to Ireland and really likes an Irish head ... you'll hear bells
Just emerged from deep cover wondering why there was no hits, then I read your post and know why they must have got confused and hit somewhere else

I'm an Englishman

Paul.

I hope you had a good Christmas Karmen, and send you my best wishes for a safe and prosperous New Year. Long may your reign on these Forums.
Old 29-12-07, 01:48
Vets Dottir 2nd

Default Re: Low flying frypans

Quote:
Originally posted by PPS
Just emerged from deep cover wondering why there was no hits, then I read your post and know why they must have got confused and hit somewhere else

I'm an Englishman

Paul.
Well sir, I never ... may you trip over a four leaf clover and break a toe then :P (just kidding ... too funny. I thought you were IRISH )

Quote:
I hope you had a good Christmas Karmen, and send you my best wishes for a safe and prosperous New Year. Long may your reign on these Forums.
Ah Thank you Paul! My Christmas was very quiet and solitary on the big day. Was unexpectedly invited to traditional homecooked trukey dinner to a neighbors but already had my roast dinner plans for myself in the works ... very much enjoyed my meal. Totally love the gifts from friends and family. Never did finish decorating my wee tree though (shame on me) but still love seeing it as is

All the Best to you and Yours too Paul ... for 2008. I wish on you a year of Blessings and Good times throughout! And long may you stick around MLU to be yet another Ma Yappy target so I can keep sharp
Old 29-12-07, 01:54
Paul

Default Re:- Low flying frypans

I shall now endeavour to improve my fitness so that I can "hard target" to keep you sharp

Many thanks for your good wishes.

Paul.
Old 29-12-07, 02:03
Vets Dottir 2nd

yeah, don't want no soft targets, not challenging enough for me