MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 20-03-12, 02:37

Default 1976 Chev 5/4 for sale?

Hello all -

Anybody have or know of a decent running or better Canadian 1976 Chevrolet 5/4 Cargo in original configuration, ie. - still in military service form, for sale? Looking for a suitable candidate in driving condition for a running restoration. PM me please with any leads. Thanks.

Craig
Old 20-03-12, 05:59
carrier mech

After 15 years out of service, it is hard to find them not modified or at the very least repainted. . I see the odd one around here listed with either the engine/transmission missing, or the front axle gone. I boght a cab and chassis, but it had been converted to 2 wheel drive when they burnt out the 350 tranny. Luckily the transfer case and original shafts came with the truck.

If you find just a cab and chassis, I do have an 8 foot box with the troop seats, the heater, the superstructure and the tarp. Brand new sides on the box too. I went to all the work, then found a van body for mine.
Old 20-03-12, 22:11

Thanks for the offer on the box and associated components Rob. Over the past few years I have kept an eye out for a suitable truck, but in my surrounding area they are not in very good shape due to rotted body and frames. Plus - as you say, they have become civilianized and a simple search by picture in the classifieds, kijiji and such, requires a lot of calls being made to confirm whether it's a true 5/4. Then of course, when I've found a truck somewhere in Canada I don't have the cash to get it and when I got the cash I can't find the truck.
Old 23-03-14, 05:57
carrier mech

Here is a link to a 5/4 ton from Alberta if you are still looking Craig. I believe Super Dave knows something about it.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/...ationFlag=true

I still have a very nice cargo box with superstructure, heater and troop seats available if a deal is worked out.
Attached Images

Old 23-03-14, 12:20
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Are you stuck on the idea of an ex CF one? Lots of nice M1008 trucks available in the USA at decent prices.

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers
Old 23-03-14, 22:51
Karl Mathez

Default chevrolet 1976

one for sale in Québec , go to LESPAC.COM and search for Chevrolet militaire 1976
Old 20-07-14, 19:43

Hello all -

So, now I'm on the hunt for a NOS complete cab and engine wiring harness for the 1976 5/4 Cargo. A very good condition (with minor repair if required) used takeout is also acceptable. If need be I am going to copy the used takeout and mate a new factory replacement with the required 24V SMP wiring and components. The original manuals and schematics will make this as easy as possible I know(?), but I'm wishing for NOS. Leads appreciated. Cheers,

Craig
Old 02-08-14, 02:02

And once again......looking for a Canadian cargo cover for these trucks. NOS anyone? Yes please! Of course a real good condition used one at least. No damage physically other than color fade. I had one 15-ish years ago given to me for an M-37 I had by my CQ at the time - J Coy 2 RCR. "Jogging J". Anyhow I passed it on. Truck too. I see the CUCV ones are similar but not original enough. I want the truck to be as original as issued new, with some of my personal touches/improvements. Cheers,

Craig

Thanks again CQ.

http://www.theroyalcanadianregiment....hp?topic=185.0