MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-04, 05:07

Default 1970 M38A1CDN3/Trailer For Sale

Good day everyone.

My name is Clive Reddin and a little bit about me first. Joined the reserves in 1972 and completed 13 or so years in there over time. Except for 6 months in a rifle company, all of my time was spent in the transport section, so I know my vehicles.

I have been involved with military vehicles since that time and having owned at least 1 of my own continually since Oct 1977. That was a 1944 Chev 15cwt! Owned a lot more since then too!

Anyway, the time has come to part with our 1970 M38A1CDN3 jeep/trailer and the spares that go with it.

We are the first owners since it was released in 1990 and it is fully complete. If you want to add the military NDCC tires well, that's all one would really need. Current rubber is 7.50x16 civilian light truck snows.

Just put a complete new service brake system on. Shoes, wheel cylinders, master cylinder, flex lines, steel lines, batteries, rad cap, cleaned out and coated the fuel tank inside, new fuel sending unit and fuel filter in October 2003. Not even 10 miles since all that work was done!

Anyway, I won't tie up space here but if you are interested in a good jeep, trailer and a load of spares including the manuals for this vehicle email me at: cliver@rogers.com for a full description and 46 digital pics.

I can offer free, unheated storage until say end of March/April or so if she's paid for in full and will keep it in good running order.

She's a good jeep, and in original military configuration. It currently has a roll bar bolted in but that's easy to remove if one chooses to. I figure that if the A1 had remained in service much longer, it was just a matter of time before they would have been put in anyway.

Vehicle is located in Toronto, can be inspected, and is licenced and roadworthy at this time.

Insurance is dirt cheap through the Silver Wheels Plan and as you know, parts are just about everywhere!

Asking price for the complete package is $7000.00 CDN or $5340.00 for our US friends. Before you say "too much" get my info package first.

Hope to hear from you all.

Cheers,
"Badger"
Old 03-01-04, 17:41
GM Fox I

Default This 1944 15cwt?

Back in the days you could drive them home?
Attached Images

Old 03-01-04, 19:51

Default CMP Picture

Ah yes, 4844303810! Saturday 22 October 1977, sunny and clear, temperature about 40 degrees fahrenheit.

Started off from Whitby, Ontario in a heavy coat/gloves, finished off in a T-shirt/no gloves. No "dog house" over the engine and the heat from that radiator more than warmed the cab up even without side curtains.

A very interesting C-15A-Wire-3 CMP. Chassis code 60448 which is a C-60 not a 15 cwt. 270 Chevrolet engine, front mounted winch (not shown).

I was told that it had been a conversion to a tractor unit to tow larger trailers from a 5th wheel.

Wish it could have talked to me and told me her story. Traded it to Bill Gregg and it went to B.C. as far as I know.

Wonder where she is today? Any one know?
Old 10-01-04, 00:07

Default Jeep Sold

Just to inform users of the forum that the jeep and trailer have been sold.

Closed Thread