MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Old 10-06-09, 20:28

Default Centurion Serial Number

Hello all -

Wondering if someone here may have a definate answer to this. I am trying to match CFR's to a few vehicles that are here in Gagetown. Where would the serial number of the vehicle be found? The Centurion's I've been in are missing the data plate/s in the driver compartment, which was no surprise. I am wondering if there is a welded stamped tag somewhere, like the Ferret's have, under the large metal data tags inside the upper right part of the hull (which are usually missing as well). Were the Centurions marked on the outer hull somewhere? Of course it's hard to get any indication of that due to the multiple layers of paint applied over the years. So far I've had no luck finding the serial numbers location and am trying to uncover a CFR painted on the turret sides or rear of the hull. I thought there may be someone out there that could point me in the right direction. Cheers.
Old 12-06-09, 23:19
metal urgest

Default Cent serial numbers

Hello Craig,
If I remember correctly, there are serial/hull numbers stamped on the outside, in front of the drivers position where the glacis plate meets the nose plate that comes up from the floor. I remember seeing ROF follwed by a series of numbers(may have included date of manufacture) on the nose of a few Centurions I was researching. I have so far been unable to find my notes on the matter. You may have to do some scrapping to get through the multiple layers of paint that are holding these old girls together. Hope this helps.

Perry
Old 13-06-09, 15:44
Matt McMahon

Hi Guys

Try in the engine bay, Left hand side above fuel tank on small mod plate.

Kind regards
Matt