MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 13-02-05, 22:35
RIP

Default To All Ranks on Leave in Brussels!!

I don't know if I've posted this before,but I keep thinking of GWB,who this would be written for every time he's in Europe.
It's a yellowed flimsey flyer issued to all troops going on leave under the above title and it's in perfect condition..,And I quote-

" A soldier is judged by his conduct and appearence particularly when on leave.You are Canada's representatives in Europe and European opinion of Canada and Canadians, will be based on your activities and conduct.

You are on leave and every effort will be made to see that you enjoy yourself ,but you must co-operate by conducting yourself in a way which will not cause trouble with either the military or civil authorities.(Hear that GWB).Remember that it is up to you,individually,to help each other and to keep the "smart aleck"(Here he starts mentioning GWB by his other drinking names-especially when he drinks all night without buying one round) from spoiling your fun by making it necessary for the authorities to impose stricter regulations.(Come on JWB-Buy one round).Such trouble makers(no name mentioned-wink-wink) will be awarded the heaviest possible punishment with no excuses accepted.(JWB-Sir,I left my wallet in my hotel room.Honestly sir!!).
In each leave hotel or centre there are people who will help you to enjoy numerous tours,entertainments,etc.,and who will advise you of any local restrictions or rules to be followed.(Hey you ,the tall guy with the glasses,no throwing emties from your 24 at seagulls.!!.There are also Canadian Provost personnel on patrol in Brussels who are willing to help you at all times.(Excuse me sir,see you're staggering,can I as a cop help you carry one of the 24's you're lugging along.)
REMEMBER the enjoyment of your leave,and the enjoyment of leave by others who will visit Brussels later,(meaning leave some beer in town),depends on YOUR good conduct.(YA RIGHT!!)

L.P.Payan Lt-Col
AA. & QMG
Cdn. Sec---HQ. Brussels Garrison