MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Old 19-08-05, 00:51

Default Undoing a few odd changes on a MkII Dingo

So, part of my new found energy in getting my Dingo up and running again also includes undoing some of the changes that were done over the years.

One of the issues is that there is no fuel tap atop the fuel tank. One of the angle iron pieces welded to the tank was bent sideways to support a component holding the fuel line. There's also a 90° elbow atop the fuel suction line rather than a banjo fitting running under the protective bracket.

What's the most correct form of Fuel Tap to fit here?
Are one of these going to be correct?

Also, what about coils and suppressors. F48582 doesn't have the screened leads any more and the coil is mounted on the 'firewall' rather than on the side of the engine. Once I get things done up right, should I swap the Coil (a Lucas Sport model with a brassy finish) for a more correct looking coil like this coil sold by holden?

Also, has anyone bothered to get one of the vintage wax batteries with the links between the cells replicated on top of the battery?

The ultimate goal is to look as WWII correct as utterly possible, slowly and steadily. Post war bits will be removed if possible.

I do plan on making a few concessions to ease of maintenance by adding some service ports in the undersheilds that I eventually hope to make up.

'43 Humber MkIV
'60 Ferret
'72 M35A2 w/w
Old 19-08-05, 21:40

Default Re: Undoing a few odd changes on a MkII Dingo

Quote:
Originally posted by rmgill

One of the issues is that there is no fuel tap atop the fuel tank. One of the angle iron pieces welded to the tank was bent sideways to support a component holding the fuel line. There's also a 90° elbow atop the fuel suction line rather than a banjo fitting running under the protective bracket.

What's the most correct form of Fuel Tap to fit here?
Ryan,

To get your Dingo correct, you have the wrong tank for a Mk2, you appear to have one for a Mk3.

The Mk2 tank does not have the fuel pick up mounted on top with the related flexible braided hose and tap. The top should be blank aside from the filler neck of course, and the tap is fitted halfway up the tank adjacent to the firewall / bulkhead, from here the fuel pipe goes through the bulkhead to a Zenith fuel filter bowl then to the pump.

regards,
Richard