MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 31-12-07, 13:17

Default HMV Meeting in Western Norway 2008

The annual meeting in western Norway, "Western Front Meeting" is to take place on June 27th to June 29th.
It is very easy to come to this meeting with the ferry from Newcastle. And if anyone would like to have a nice holliday in Norway, PM or e-mail me, and I can help you put up a plan so you can see both the nature and military sights.
A roundtrip in western Norway for abouth a week will get you to many interesting places.
Photo below is part of the meeting in 2003

Rolf
Old 07-01-08, 21:05

Default norway show

Rolf is this the same show our friends from the North East Military Vehicle Club attent each year!regards malcolm
Old 07-01-08, 21:32

Default Yes and No

Hey Malcolm

Yes and No to that question.
The fellows from North East Military Vehicle Club has only been to one of the meetings. They have normally been here earlyer in the spring, and they have not been attending to any meetings beside that one time. Unfourtunatly they have not met up with many other Norwegian HMV entusiasts, but have been together with a rather small group here in Norway. I do know most of them and they all are nice people, both the English and Norwegian that is And I have met them in several occations. Last spring in Norway, and at Beltring and in Newcastle when we arrived there for the ferry home.

So if you talk to them, perhaps you all want do to something different next time in Norway.

Chers

Rolf
Old 09-01-08, 12:01

Default shows in Norge

Rolf..yes I think NEMVC may be comming again in May..so perhaps we will see you then...at the moment Im putting together a small collection of Norways WW2 Milorg items...I have the suitcase radio station "Olga" and some other related wartime items...it would be good to bring them over and see wether the old set(which is still working) can still contact UK...our Scottish friends in the SMVG are looking at a visit this year up to the Shetland Islands to look at the wartime bus service between Shetland and Norway so that shoudl also be very interesting...best regards from a very windy north-northumberland.malcolm