MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Softskin Forum

Notices

Old 10-11-08, 20:25
CMP Modeller

Default Help needed with Cab 43 6 pdr Gun Portee

Hi fellas,
Can anyone help with photos or drawings of the Cab, I have a couple of pictures showing the vehicle in a parade with other CMPs' & one from the rear 3/4 view with the cab sheets on. The one from the front shows what I think is a modification to the bonnet, 'hood', it shows a level base to the windscreen which itself is not standard as it has rounded corners like the Bedford & Austin Portees.
These vehicles are not the ones shown on the Australian sites as they have the standard British Lorry bed as fitted to the Bedfords & Austins.
I hope someone can help,
Howard
Old 10-11-08, 20:46

It would help if you posted the photo you have. All the 6lb portee photos I have show an almost standard cab with the roof removed. But the Canadian 40mm bofers truck has the cab style you discribe I think. So post your photo and if it is the same as the 40mm bofers truck I do have photos here of it.

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"
Old 10-11-08, 21:21
former Resident Historian

Default # 43 Cabs

These are the shots that I have...as built and after rebuild into a 3-ton G/S lorry.
Attached Thumbnails
CMP18.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 11-11-08, 00:34
CMP Modeller

Thanks David, the problem I have is trying to get a good photo of that windscreen, from your rebuilt photo it looks to have a new base built up.

Cliff I don't know how to attach an image to this post & I can't seem to find the instructions but I'm still looking!

Howard
Old 11-11-08, 06:37

under the screen that allows you to type out your replies is a button called "Manage Attachments" click this and it brings up another window were you can browse your files and choose a photo to upload. Push upload and then once the photo is uploaded close this window and then push the normal Post button to get it up on site.

I now know the cab type you want and after having another look found the following 4 photos. I am unsure where I got these from but I hope they help.
Attached Thumbnails
CMP portee 01.jpg   CMP portee 02.jpg   CMP portee 03.jpg   CMP portee 04.jpg  

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
Old 11-11-08, 14:56
CMP Modeller

Thanks Cliff,
I have two of the photos, the parade & side on, but the head-on is perfect When we last chatted on the post about the resin kit you were hoping to find me some measurements for the 12 cab bonnet, any luck?
Here's one I made earlier, as a famous british TV institution says. I know ir's not CMP I'm building a Morris but would fit the radio body to a cab 12 if they had them.
Howard
Attached Thumbnails
100_0678.jpg  
Old 11-11-08, 20:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippyrail View Post
Thanks Cliff, When we last chatted on the post about the resin kit you were hoping to find me some measurements for the 12 cab bonnet, any luck?
Howard
Sorry I forgot . Have now written on my hand so I won't forget and will try (you know no rest for the wicked and all that ) and do it today or tomorrow for you.