MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 08-01-05, 02:18
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Guy Quad Ant for sale

This is the one which has been in the Eltham (Australia) area for over 60 years...

Asking price is a rather steep $2950 although it is a runner. It is one of only three known to exist in Australia, and the the least intact.
The owner's mobile phone number is 0418 315425 (Australia 61).

More pics here.

I have no connection with the seller.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 08-01-05, 16:03
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default GUY ANT

This ANT needs a dose of MORTEIN fly spray to put it out of its misery . It is overpriced by a margin of X3 I would think .

In mid 1978, I and a certain pair of Blitz nuts ( brothers ) from Heathmont drove to Eltham and had a play with this ANT . Some bodies sister was there too ( the brothers ) and she got completely plastered after downing 4 large glasses of wine in 10 minutes . She was wobbling around like a merry-go-round . It's strange what you can recall isn't it . The very next day I started a new job - working in a National Park in the Dandenongs .

Another complete Quad Ant exists in NSW , hiding away .

Mike
Old 08-01-05, 17:31

Default Re: GUY ANT

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Kelly
This ANT needs a dose of MORTEIN fly spray to put it out of its misery . It is overpriced by a margin of X3 I would think .
Mike,

Over here in England it would be a fair price for a running chassis of such a rare vehicle. Working the exchange rate out, you would not buy an unrestored WW2 motorcycle for that price. Not many Guys over here, years ago there was one that appeared at shows, bolted to the chassis of a Bedford fire engine !

Richard
Old 08-01-05, 21:33
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Re: GUY ANT

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Kelly

In mid 1978, I and a certain pair of Blitz nuts ( brothers ) from Heathmont drove to Eltham and had a play with this ANT . Some bodies sister was there too ( the brothers ) and she got completely plastered after downing 4 large glasses of wine in 10 minutes . She was wobbling around like a merry-go-round . It's strange what you can recall isn't it . The very next day I started a new job - working in a National Park in the Dandenongs .

Another complete Quad Ant exists in NSW , hiding away .

Mike
I was thinking more like a factor of X10, but perhaps that was uncharitable.
The driving position is awful, almost supine and those cable brakes and 58 horses would make towing a 25 pounder, limber, plus crew and ammo a nightmare.
As a chassis it was fun to drive and certainly a rare experience, although the gear pattern is close to that of a LP2A Carrier... the gearbox is very quiet and I suspect may be constant mesh.
From the general tightness and integrity of this chassis I'd say it probably hasn't travelled many miles either.
Ahh yes, the Blitz nuts from Heathmont... loved the wino story...
The complete one in NSW sounds interesting... the only one I have photographic evidence of is one in about the same condition as the Belfield truck, although the pictures (by Peter Morgan) were taken many years ago.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern