MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Armour Forum

Notices

Old 12-03-14, 03:02

Looks like they have added an addendum to the vehicles that are registered destructive devices saying that bidders on those lots must meet special conditions so perhaps these live vehicles will stay intact after all. There is hope!
Old 12-03-14, 23:26
Driver Advance!

Yes, read that today, so there is still hope, you have to call to find out if your qualify or not.
43 Humber AC MK IV F133744 "Vandal" tri-owner
43 A27L Centaur MK III T185481
Old 14-03-14, 01:42

Sure would be nice to see Jaques Centurion Mk13 repatriated back to Canada. Hopefully there will be more than a few Canadians there bidding for the home team. Anyone feel like getting a syndicate together to bring her home?
Old 14-03-14, 03:27

Tried to call the auction support number and just got a busy signal.... not even voice-mail. Several times.... Doesn't bode well...
Old 19-03-14, 20:55

Default Centurion at Littlfield

The centurion is a standard Mk 3/5 not a MK 13. Many parts were added to this tank when it was only display at Crown Surplus in Calgary to make it resemble a MK 13. Only one Mk 13 remained in Canada at LETE and was later transferred to the CDN War Museum. The others were sold from Europe.
Old 20-03-14, 01:21

There are more than just that vehicle purporting to be something they are not.

There is a CVR(T) Samson which is NOT the vehicle it is marked up to be.

For those who don't know the subtle nuances of what is on display many look good. For those whose area of interest is a particular vehicle there are many faults.

From the scuttlebutt on the MV rumour mill many vehicles have sat for years without attention and are taking a lot to get them running.

Quite understandable for a collection of that size as to how much work there was keeping this going with the few staff that they had. It is always the same problem, people buy more than they can keep running, we are all at times guilty of that. I know I am.

Will it make for good deals and sensible prices? Who knows, I think there will be a fence a mile long with vultures sitting on it waiting with cash to snap up the unpopular vehicles or maybe the scrap man.

Time will tell, but it would be jolly good fun to start a book on what money we think things will make.

Anyone care to suggest what the Centurion will make? My guess is $25,000 plus auction house fees.

Throwing it open

R
Old 22-03-14, 10:06

So that is the Cent from Crown Surplus, boy now that takes me back to my misspent youth! That place was near and dear to my heart and I remember that tank well. I'm heading to the MVTF for one of the last tours next month, hopefully we will get a chance to see the vehicles that are being put on the block. My guess is a 108 vehicles being sold in two days, there will be bargains to be had, but that is simply my opinion. I'm guessing the smaller more manageable vehicles will be in higher demand, just a couple years ago a Conqueror was for sale on Dave Uhrigs site for 100k, it was also ex-littlefield and it took over a year to sell, finally ending up in the Midwest. Just moving some of these tanks to your location may cost as much as the selling price. But if they hit the estimates then I'm selling everything and retiring!
Old 28-03-14, 18:47

Ever since this auction thing started, I had wondered if certain U.S. buyers that have deep pockets would be participating or if they had already bought what they wanted. I just heard this morning that at least one is going to have people there. It may not be Canada, but there will be some cool vehicles heading a little ways North anyway.
Old 28-03-14, 19:17

I wonder what vehicles Mr. Allen is after...it would be nice to see them end up in his collection, I think unlike others who are motivated by greed and ego, Paul Allen has a genuine interest in preserving history...a true philanthropist.