MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 23-07-03, 09:30

Default Transport to Canada wanted.

I've got a stack of these M19 trailers here in Scotland (there's four in that pile) that need to get to Snowtractor Sean in Canada NWT.

We've been looking for decent transport routes and costs for a while now and there's not a lot of good options. I can organise a 'local' uplift and delivery in the UK, so who is sending a truck or a container from the UK to Canada and wants a load to split the costs on?

The trailer pile weighs about one ton, it's 1.65m high, 1.65m wide, and about 3.1m long although some of that is towbar and could be reduced. Sean needs to get them to Fort Smith, so anything headed to Calgary / Edmonton / Vancouver would be more or less ideal, but he could deal with them on the east coast too as long as he could store them till pick up and the costs weren't too terrible.

Ideas anyone?

Gordon
Old 23-07-03, 15:54
RIP

Default Cargo to Canada

Gordon.I work in ocean shipping here in Montreal.Your best bet is to get in touch with an ocean "Freight Forwarder"in one of your cities & ask if they do consolidation containers to Canada-these are containers where misc shippers share the cost of shipping based on the weight/measure of each senders' cargo.There's got to be a lot of these sort of shipments out of Scotland to ex pats now living here in the Great White North.Do your homework.If a forwarder can't help you he'll refer you to one who is big on these types of shipments.Liverpool is a good start as it's a port of call by the big lines to & from the UK& Eastern seaports especially Montreal.As to getting it to the NWT's a forwarder will get in touch with his Canadian agent for oncarriage costs inland Canada.Hope this helps
Old 23-07-03, 16:47

Default Thanks

I've already been through a few freight companies, but thanks for the info.

Originally we were trying for a consolidated container to Calgary but there's no scheduled shipment there for a while, then we found we could get it to Montreal, but of course it's a long walk to the NWT from there....

This message was just in case someone was shipping a truck or trailer over and could drop these in the back really.

Gordon