MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 02-02-12, 11:32
RIP

Default Wake Up Australia

This was siad by one of our politicians and good on him.

Bob Katter …. Saying it as it is:
-----

My great, great, great grandfather watched as his friends died in the Boer War. My grandfather watched and bled as his friends died in World Wars 1&2. My grandfather watched as his friends & brothers died in the Depression of 32. My father watched as his friends died in Korea . I watched as my friends died in Vietnam, East Timor & Desert Storm. Our sons and daughters watched & bled as their friends died in Afghanistan and Iraq .
None of them died for the Afghanistan and Iraq Flag. Every Australian died for the Australian flag.

At a Victorian high school foreign students raised a Middle East flag on a school flag pole. Australian students took it down. Guess who was expelled...the students who took it down.

West Australian high school students were sent home, because they wore T-shirts with the Australian flag printed on them.

Enough is enough.

This message needs to be viewed by every Australian; and every Australian needs to stand up for Australia . We've bent over to appease the Aussie-haters long enough. I'm taking a stand.

I'm standing up because of the hundreds of thousands who died fighting in wars for this country, and for the Australian flag.

And shame on anyone who tries to make this a racist message.

AUSTRALIANS, stop giving away Your RIGHTS!

THIS IS OUR COUNTRY!

This statement DOES NOT mean I'm against immigration!

YOU ARE WELCOME HERE, IN MY COUNTRY, welcome to come legally:

1. Get a sponsor!
2. Learn the LANGUAGE, as immigrants have in the past!
3. Live by OUR rules! Dress as we Australians Do
4. Get a job!
5. Pay YOUR Taxes!
6. No Social Security until you have earned it and Paid for it!
7. NOW find a place to lay your head!

If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone, then YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

We've gone so far the other way...bent over backwards not to offend anyone.

Only AUSTRALIANS seem to care when Australian Citizens are being offended!

WAKE UP AUSTRALIA!!!

Made in AUSTRALIA & DAMN PROUD OF IT!!!!!"
AMEN

Written by Bob Katter

Bob
Website owner - salesmanbob.com
Old 02-02-12, 11:53

To true Bob!
Old 02-02-12, 12:37
Blitzed

Have a look at this page.

http://www.visitvictoria.com/Informa...n-centres.aspx

This is the offical government website for Melbourne. Look at the information list to the left, third heading down.
Christians must be a minority now.

Not being anti, but if your going to cater for one, and a minority at that, you should cater for all.
Old 02-02-12, 14:39

Except outside of the bombing of Darwin in WWII, IIRC Vietnam was the first conflict where Australians fought under the Australian National Flag. Prior to that we fought under the Union Flag of the UK and the UN Flag in Korea.
Old 02-02-12, 17:39
Mr. HUP

Default So?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianaa View Post
Except outside of the bombing of Darwin in WWII, IIRC Vietnam was the first conflict where Australians fought under the Australian National Flag. Prior to that we fought under the Union Flag of the UK and the UN Flag in Korea.
It matters not what the flag looked like, it was still Australia's flag.
Old 02-02-12, 18:31

Dianna,

Perhaps a rethink about the statement 'except outside of the bombing of Darwin in WW2....'. Broome? Sydney? Various other places bombed repeatedly across Northern Australia in WW2? Besides, I seem to remember the National Flag wasn't actually officially proclaimed until the 1950s, although it existed from just after Federation.

Of course, Australians, particularly since the latter part of WW1, have always fought as a National entity, responsible ultimately to the Australian Government, rather than being spread as individual 'reinforcements' within other nation's armies. Even the RAAF personnel in the UK in WW2, although mixed with other British Commonwealth nationalities, were there by agreement, and were still responsible to RAAF command and Australian government control.

Mike C
Old 02-02-12, 20:28

Default australia today

well said Bob..how about leaving Australia and comming over to the UK we could with somebody like you as Prime Minister instead of the gutless wonders we have..good on yer mate regards malcolm
Old 02-02-12, 22:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cecil View Post
Dianna,

Perhaps a rethink about the statement 'except outside of the bombing of Darwin in WW2....'. Broome? Sydney? ...

Mike C
Hi Mike

In Bob's original post is the line "Every Australian died for the Australian Flag". It's the sentiment that our troops fought (and died) for the Flag, its a myth, they fought not to let down their mates and they fought for the country, and they mostly they did it under a flag that was not our own. They would have done the same whatever was the design of the cloth at the top of the staff.

My comment about Darwin, was to reflect that only on Australian shores or in Australian territories was the National Flag atop the flag staffs during fighting. Maybe I should have said it that way. Yes Broome, Darwin, North West Cape and other places were bombed and mostly fought back. But only Fort Scratchley actually fired back (fought) at a Japanese vessel at sea and in Sydney Harbour the Allied vessels would have been flying the White Ensign of the UK and Commonwealth navies or the US national flag.

The Canadians seem to have had no problem changing their national emblem, and the US proudly flies "Old Glory" emblasoned with 50 stars over USS Arizona when the flag of WWII had only 48 stars representing the 48 continental states (which excluded Hawaii and Alaska which had not gained statehood).

Why is it that only in Australia do we get so passionate about retaining a design that includes the Union Flag of the UK subjugating a quarter of our national emblem and using a myth to justify it?

By the way the idea that we are losing our country to political correctness or to appease peoples from other countries, is something that annoys me every day, but we should support our stance with the truth and not by creating myths. (This is one case where I do have an opinion.)

Diana

Last edited by Dianaa; 02-02-12 at 22:42.
Old 03-02-12, 03:52
Mr. HUP

Default Myth-ing Link

Quote:
Hi Mike

...Why is it that only in Australia do we get so passionate about retaining a design that includes the Union Flag of the UK subjugating a quarter of our national emblem and using a myth to justify it?...

Diana
Diana

Sorry to hear that your ties to the UK is a myth. On the serious side, is there an actual movement to change the design of your national flag? Or, is this a personal pique?

We in Canada went through that exercise in the mid 1960s, but the driving force to provide a new flag was to obtain a rallying symbol for all Canadians. The choice of the design is a story in itself, but in the end we got a new flag that disarmed separatist sentiments about our former flag, and gave all Canadians a distinctive symbol for which we remain proud of. There was a hell of a fight to retain the former flag, but our political circumstances demanded a solution, and thus our new flag was born.

Bruce!
Old 03-02-12, 06:43
Derek Heuring

Default Unbelievable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Have a look at this page.

http://www.visitvictoria.com/Informa...n-centres.aspx

This is the offical government website for Melbourne. Look at the information list to the left, third heading down.
Christians must be a minority now.

Not being anti, but if your going to cater for one, and a minority at that, you should cater for all.
I don't know how this is all going to end...the upside down world of political correctness and Progressives where bad is good, ignoble is noble, evil is righteous but I'm here to tell one and all that the pendulum is about to swing the other way...real soon. I don't know what the tipping point will be...Obama getting re-elected, another Operation Fast and Furious...but the simmering pot of patriotic fervor is just about at the boiling point here in the U.S.
Old 03-02-12, 08:15
Bluebell

Default Derek

Derek I dont follow what you are trying to say

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 03-02-12, 09:10
Tony Baker

Default Lynn

I think the people are revolting!
Old 03-02-12, 10:15
Bluebell

Default Tony

I want to say thats what I thought, but I never thought of that. Very clever!

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....
Old 03-02-12, 11:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHClarke View Post
Diana

Sorry to hear that your ties to the UK is a myth. On the serious side, is there an actual movement to change the design of your national flag? Or, is this a personal pique?

We in Canada went through that exercise in the mid 1960s, ...

... Bruce!
Hi Bruce

Did we have ties to the UK? I know that we have Queen Betty I, Queen of Australia who seems to be the same monarch that the Brits call Queen Elizabeth II!

Yes there is a real movement to change the flag, but momentum for change waxes and wanes but the motivation is very similar to that in Canada without the Québécois.

Personally I acknowledge our historical ties to Great Britain, and watching the US system, very glad we don't have to elect a President, but feel that Australia should have it's own national symbol, like Canada did in the '60s and what Canadian would wish to return the the former emblem today?

This is my point, the flag, whatever its design only represents the nation, it is not the nation in itself and to the point of this thread most Australians who fought and died didn't actually die for the flag but did it for their mates and for the country we love.

Diana
Old 03-02-12, 12:00
RIP

Default Try This One For Size

Hi all - this was sent to me by a mate and is another example of what pisses me off with our current politicians.

Roll on 2013!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS ONE OF A NUMBER OF TIMES WHEN OUR GOVERMENT [PAST & PRESENT ] MAKE ME WISH WE COULD JUST MAKE ALL OF THEM DISAPPEAR & WE COULD START AGAIN WITH PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT AUSTRALIANS & AUSTRALIA
Gillard/Brown Government ... sent by a Vietnam Vet ...
This is your Australia Today

Whoever wrote this was really pissed off ... but it's a point well made.

On the 18th of August 1966 at Long Tan , Vietnam , D Company of the 6th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment, mainly made up of Australian National Servicemen and at that time located to support the American Army, fought a battle against the Viet Cong.

In this action D Company lost 18 men killed and 24 injured.

The Viet Cong dead numbered in excess of 245.

The Australian lines were never crossed.

The Viet Cong withdrew.

American President Johnson and US Army Staff recognised the achievement

by awarding the Unit Citation of Gallantry on 30th May 1968. The Award was formally accepted by Queen Elizabeth in 13th June 1968.

Prime Minister John Gorton made the formal presentation of this American Citation to the Battalion at Lavarack Barracks, Townsville on 18th August 1968.

On the 31st of March 2010, D Company of the 6th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment were belatedly awarded the Australian version of "Unit Citation for Gallantry" (UCG) honouring their extraordinary deeds at Long Tan.

The Government however refused to approve travel payment for the surviving Unit Members or their families, including the families of deceased Unit Members, in order that they be present at the UCG Presentation Ceremony presided over by the Governor General of Australia .

In February 2011 the same Government of Australia footed the Funeral Bill to bury the illegal boat people, who tragically perished on Christmas Island .

This included flying surviving family illegals and survivors to and from Sydney and Xmas Island , accommodating them, etc etc, plus a Coach tour of Sydney thrown in.

The Canberra Politburo had waited 45 years to publicly acknowledge the bravery and sacrifice of these Sons of Australia and then immediately shit on their memory by wetting themselves to appease the feelings of boat illegals forcing entry into our country.

Now we witness what can only be described as attempted political face saving, by this same Government, sponsoring a TV Documentary, to celebrate our Armed Forces accomplishments at Kapyong , Korea in 1951.

This will see our Prime Minister and the entire Priministerial Entourage fly in a RAAF plane to Korea to mark this 60th Anniversary.

What Bloody Hypocrisy!!!

What a Blatant Affront to the feelings of our Nation's serving Armed Forces,

Past and Present.

Shame, Shame, Shame, You Political Parasites.

You do not deserve to represent our country.
Website owner - salesmanbob.com
Old 03-02-12, 12:23

Absolutely Juliar and her illigitimate government are a pack of hypocrits.

The awarding of the Long-Tan doll is another despicable act of political hacks!
Old 03-02-12, 13:00
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Lets change the words

Hi All

Couldn't help but to put in my two cents worth. So lets change the words to the that old prayer.

FIRST BOOK OF GOVERNMENT

Julia is the shepherd I did not want.
She leadeth me beside the still factories.
She restoreth my faith in the Liberal party.
She guideth me in the path of unemployment for her party's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the bread line,
I shall fear no hunger for her bailouts are with me.
She has anointed my income with taxes,
My expenses runneth over.
Surely, poverty and hard living will follow me all the days of my life.
And I will live in a rented home forever.
I am glad I am Australian. I am glad that I am free.
But I wish I was a dog, and Julia was a tree.

Cheers

Tony
Old 03-02-12, 13:32

It's great to be reminded once again that I'm not alone in my contempt for the time servers in Cancera. Good stuff!

David
Old 03-02-12, 20:39
Derek Heuring

Default In short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Eades View Post
Derek I dont follow what you are trying to say
Google "Solyndra, Operation Fast and Furious, Lightsquared, the DREAM act, Eric Holder, Dodd/Frank Act, Chevrolet Volt, 1st and 2nd Amendments, and Fisker, just to start." You'll see why we're preparing to kick some Liberal ass in this country.
Old 03-02-12, 23:44
Mr. HUP

Default Perceptions

Quote:
Hi Bruce

...This is my point, the flag, whatever its design only represents the nation, it is not the nation in itself and to the point of this thread most Australians who fought and died didn't actually die for the flag but did it for their mates and for the country we love. Diana
Diana,

Very interesting. I served my country for over 20 years and I can state that my mates and I saw our flag as inseparable from our country. Our flag represents more than a geographical location - it represents our way of life, our families, our friends and our ideals.

I can't see how you can separate the flag from the country. Then again, I am not a liberal so these fancy notions escape me.

Is your point based on something you read, or did you serve or are you serving in the military? On what do you base your hypothesis?
Old 04-02-12, 23:04

Default Food for thought

Quote:
Diana,

Very interesting. I served my country for over 20 years and I can state that my mates and I saw our flag as inseparable from our country. Our flag represents more than a geographical location - it represents our way of life, our families, our friends and our ideals.

I can't see how you can separate the flag from the country. Then again, I am not a liberal so these fancy notions escape me.

Is your point based on something you read, or did you serve or are you serving in the military? On what do you base your hypothesis?
Two British officers Lieutenants Teignmouth Melvill and Neville Coghill were awarded (posthumously) the Victoria Cross for their gallantry at the battle of Isandhlwana. They died trying to protect the Queens colour of the Regiment.

Point being there are countless examples of men dying in wars for standards or colours because they do represent so much more.

I put it to you that Australians in war have died for the Flag and I also put it to you that they have died for the Union Jack as well.

For my part the Australian Flag should never be touched or altered......ever.
Old 04-02-12, 23:55
Tony VAN RHODA

Default Dont touch the flag

Hi Guys

I am not one for change just for the sake of change and would not like to see our flag changed from what it is now. I served under this flag for 10 years and it does not matter where you go in the world you will feel a tug at your heart strings when you see our flag flying. Ok it has the Union Jack in the corner which is British but we have the stars of the southern cross below it which is Australian. If you look at the official flag of Hawaii you will see they still have the Union Jack in the top left corner.

I was disgusted to see Aboriginals burn and trample our flag the day after Australia Day. I know they have grievances, but we are all Australian so do not dishonour our flag it is an insult to the Aboriginal soldiers who served, fought and died under our flag.

LEAVE THE FLAG ALONE AND BE A PROUD AUSTRALIAN.

Cheers

Tony
Old 05-02-12, 09:07

The history of the australian flag

Quote:
following federation as a new nation (the commonwealth of australia) on 1st january, 1901 the commonwealth government announced a federal flag design competition on 29th april, 1901. The review of review for australiasia, a melbourne journal, had initiated an australian flag competition in 1900, a unique event at the time. It was agreed that the entries received by this journal would be accepted in the government’s competition. The contest attracted 32,823 entries from men, women and children. An expert panel of judges assessed the entries using guidelines which included history, heraldry, distinctiveness, utility and cost of manufacture, on 3rd september, 1901, a public ceremony was held at the royal exhibition building, melbourne, where lady hopetoun, wife of the governor-general, opened a display of the entries in the competition. The prime minister of australia, sir edmund barton, announced that five entrants, who had submitted similar designs, were to share the honour of being declared the designers of australia’s own flag. They were: Ivor evans, a fourteen-year-old schoolboy from melbourne; leslie john hawkins, a teenager apprenticed to a sydney optician; egbert john nuttall, a melbourne architect; annie dorrington, an artist from perth; and william stevens, a ship’s officer from auckland, new zealand. The commonwealth government and the review of reviews for australasia provided ₤75 each and the havelock tobacco company added ₤50 to this making a total of ₤200 prize money, a considerable amount at the time. The five winners received ₤40 each.

The australian national flag features the five stars of the constellation of the southern cross and the commonwealth star, and the combined crosses of st george, st andrew and st patrick. The union of crosses represents australia’s early settlers. The commonwealth star with its seven points represents the unity of the six australian states and the seventh point stands for all australian territories. Under the flags act of 1953, passed unanimously by parliament, it was confirmed that our "stars and crosses" design be the chief national symbol by law, custom and tradition and that it be honoured with the title "australian national flag". The new status of the national flag was emphasized when the act of parliament received royal assent from queen elizabeth ii, on her majesty’s visit to australia in 1954. The australian rules of flag etiquette are designed to ensure that the national flag is displayed with the dignity befitting its status.

The australian national flag identifies a free and democratic people in a nation united in purpose. Our national flag belongs equally to all australians whatever their origins. Each of the symbols on the flag has a special meaning for australians. The stars of the southern cross represent our geographic position in the southern hemisphere; the commonwealth star stands for our federation of states and territories; the crosses represent the principles on which our nation is based, namely, parliamentary democracy, rule of law and freedom of speech.

In 1996 the governor-general, sir william deane, proclaimed 3rd september as australian national flag day, to commemorate the day in 1901 on which our national flag of "stars and crosses" was first flown. It is the right and privilege of every australian to fly the australian national flag.
Old 05-02-12, 09:09

Quote:
I am the national flag of the Commonwealth of Australia. I belong to you & every Australian, equally & freely.

I was conceived before the dawn of the century.

Designed by Ivor Evans, I was chosen over & above some 32,000 contenders.

Although I was never an orphan, I was adopted on that sparkling Spring day, the 3rd September, 1901, when I flew above the Exhibition Building in Melbourne. I was hailed & celebrated by people standing on the threshold of nationhood. They took me to their hearts.

In that official ceremony, in the presence of our first Prime Minister, I became the chief symbol of a new nation, embracing the ideals of self-determination, national sovereignty & personal freedom under God.

I have been hoisted aloft over many buildings, from humble homes to the Houses of Parliament. I have listened to every Prime Minister declare his allegiance to me, to our Monarch, & to our Constitution. I have witnessed the pledge of each one to protect & defend those freedoms we all cherish, even above life itself.

I am carried with pride in ceremonies & processions. I have draped the caskets of your national heroes carried to their last resting place. The caskets of Kings & Queens, eminent Statesmen, Generals, Admirals, humble Privates & the Unknown Soldier.

Wherever free men gather, wherever there is justice, faith, hope, charity & truth; there too, am I.

At the tender age of 14 years, I received my baptism of fire in World War I. I flew proudly in those early days as we heard the call to do battle alongside those of our own kin. I was carried up the steep hills of Gallipoli & I was there with the men in the trenches. I watched Simpson bring out the wounded on his doughy little donkey. I breathed the dust of the deserts & rode in glory with the Light Horse Brigade. I saw our finest sons fall & lie still. They had given their last full measure of devotion. The war was over for them forever, but I kept my lonely vigil over their graves & stayed to watch the flowers grow amid the crosses, row upon row, in Flanders Fields. Oh, young Australia, I was there with your fathers whom I longed to comfort. Look at me again.

Lest you forget.

You know me by my distinctive emblems.

The *Union Jack is the tie that binds us to your ancestors & rich heritage down through the centuries.

The upright red cross on a white field is the Cross of St George, Patron Saint of England. This Cross was there when King John set his royal seal on Magna Carta in 1215 & it was there when Simon de Montfort brought together the very first Parliament in 1265, making England truly the Mother of Parliaments.

I proudly wear two other crosses. The white diagonal cross on a blue field is the Cross of St Andrew, Patron Saint of Scotland. The red diagonal cross on a white field is the Cross of St Patrick, Patron Saint of Ireland. These three crosses which perhaps you scarcely understand, unite our heritage in this wonderful land & forge our future in an inseparable bond. The blazing Southern Cross marks our way ahead while the seven-pointed Federation Star joins our states & territories in a single, yet united, commonwealth. All this set in a field of blue - the blue of our southern skies & of the endless ocean washing our golden, sandy beaches & coral shores. We are the heirs to a culture, rich & diverse. We are the offspring child of a great empire. We have a glorious tomorrow. We are one.

Lest you forget.

I have been to many places. I have seen many things.

With our explorers, I’ve crossed the icy wastes of Antarctica & climbed the heights of Mt Everest. I look down with pride on our mighty sportsmen & women as they win honours for their country all over the world. At every official or memorable event in this land, I hold the position of honour.

Following World War I, we frolicked in our newfound liberty, growth, prosperity, increase & our common wealth. But far to the north, in Russia, a new tyranny spewed forth, slaughtering the rich & regal, the lowly & humble, usurping the sovereignty of nations not of its own. We watched from afar, protected by the border of oceans. Then came 1939 & once again, we heard the beat of the warmonger’s drums. Again, my heart went out to our brave soldiers, sailors & airmen. I was there with them. In the Middle East, in New Guinea, Borneo & many other places. I was trodden in the mud red with the blood of those brave young Australians so ruthlessly murdered in prison of war camps.

Lest you forget.

Finally, in ’45, peace at last. So we thought. With just a few short years rest, I was again carried into battle, caught up in further hostilities by those promoting war. I watched & praised the endurance & spirit of our volunteers in Korea. I, too, felt the sufferings of our brave sons & daughters in the forces in Vietnam.

Lest you forget.

I am well-known & remembered in many places. I am flown every day in the school at Villers-Bretonneux, in France, where grateful children & teachers do not forget their debt to Australian soldiers. I am many things to many people. To some, I am yesterday, today & tomorrow, an inseparable link in the chain that binds men to God & country. And because I am on the side of God through our great heritage, there are the God-less who seek to destroy me & replace those three Christian crosses with plants or animals, but they dare not. Why? Because today, I am everywhere. In the homes of the humble & the mansions of millionaires. I am in the cities, the suburbs & in country towns. From coast to coast, right across this great nation, I am raised with pride & dignity. Oh, my people, you have given so much to be Australian & I am proud that we are one. Bonded through trial & triumph. Look at me & remember our heritage & realise our great future. Together, we will grow, & all the world will know.

You must never allow those who seek to reduce diversity into dust, to grind our treasures into a melting pot. And as you consider the future of your own true identity, remember, I was there in your every hour of loss, your every moment of glory. So too, I will be there in all your tomorrows, though proud, loyal & glorious through all my short history, there is one thing for which I need you most of all. I cannot fasten myself to the flagstaff.

Lest you forget.

The above verse is from the song "The Voice of the Australian Flag", performed by Larry Hannigan.
http://www.larryhannigan.com/VOFproducts.htm
Old 05-02-12, 09:19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4VYM7BuEdk

I'm proud of it and I wear it every day.... In various colors and backgrounds.

Regards Easo
Old 05-02-12, 10:05
WO8 C15A 142736

Thanks Easo I needed to read those posts.
Old 05-02-12, 11:04

It would seem that the most contentious issue about our flag is the Union Jack. I like our current flag but I do like the idea of Australia 'standing on it's own two feet'. Most people would like to retain the Southern Cross within the design of a new flag. The Southern Cross has become a very popular body tattoo amongst young Australian whereas the Union Jack and seven pointed star are nowhere to be seen.

Of all the designs for a new flag I have seen, this one tends to tick all the boxes. Souther Cross, green and gold, the most recognisable symbol of Australia, the Kangaroo and most importantly, 'neutral' in design.

http://wawyaa.com/?p=19740

Old 05-02-12, 13:21

Quote:
Diana,

Interestingly it seems my opinion is only valuable if I wore a military uniform, well no I didn't, but that is not the point is it, I wore a uniform in civilian services for more than 35 years and had my country needed my nursing services in a battle zone overseas I would have signed up in a second. Many of my generation were too late for Vietnam and even though many joined the military very few actually served anywhere but Australia, so what does their practicing to defend the Country make their service any more valuable than my service in the front line of trauma and emergency saving the lives of Australians. And if you would like to know I represented the people of Australia working for the United Nations but no I never faced any bullets.

My hypothesis is not that the National Flag is not a symbol worthy of honour, but IMHO like Canada I feel we deserve a flag which identifies an independant Australia, not something that has the Union Flag (its not a jack unless its on a ship) occupying the most important 25%.
Old 05-02-12, 20:44
WO8 C15A 142736

I'm a forth generation Australian Grazier in my mid 50's and I dont want the flag to change. My ancestors came from England, Scotland, Wales and France.
To me the flag represents where I came from 1/4 and where I live in freedom 3/4.
Old 05-02-12, 21:27
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Wow, talk about a post going off on a tangent...
I thought that the intent of this post was to point out your politicians favourism toward immigration (immigrants) and their rights and needs over those of native born sons?
Wake Up Australia might as well be called Wake Up Canada.
I believe that the UK based Paliamentary system that all of us Colonials live under is seriously broken.
We have all the same complaints as you lot, same being said by our brethren in the UK.
The UK and their social tolerance policies began in the 1960`s and the country has gone downhill ever since. The problems that they faced in light of being PC are just becoming to be known to us. I would say that Britain would have been a good example of ``lessons learned``, but in spite of the economic and social problems faced internally, Canada and Australia decided to jump on board with the hogwash policy of political correctness.
Derek pointed out that people in the US are starting to boil; I believe it to be the same case here in Canada as well. Being typical Canadians, we tend to play our cards close to the vest but, I truly believe that many of my fellow countrymen have deep seated angst for the abuse we suffer from the government as native born sons.
Just to show my point, the city of Toronto is approx 3 million persons. According to a recent census report, it was stated that the population is made up of approx 51% immigrants. Now considering that our political system uses representation by population, this equates to the possibility that one day foreigners will be dictating our values....Also, it used to be that within our system, the Liberal party was ususally the go to vote for immigrants. It has got to the point that within these communities, immigrants are fielding political candidates within all 3 major political parties. So alas, voting Liberal is not necessarily a vote in favour of supporting more immigration. By infiltrating the Federal government and stacking the House, it is quite contemptable that one day soon we will be the minority...

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers