MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events

Notices

Old 06-05-18, 02:35

Default Echoes of Niagara - Time Line 2018

Once again Parks Canada and The Lincoln and Welland Regiment Museum are hosting A "Time Line Event" on the weekend of August 25 - 26, 2018 at Fort George in historic Niagara on the Lake, Ontario. We are show casing military from War of 1812 to modern day. A parade of military vehicles will be held saturday and sunday am through the main street of NOTL. A mock battle of WW2 period will be held saturday and sunday afternoon. Sleep under your canvas or in one of the 2 blockhouses in the fort. Breakfast and Lunch will be supplied. Set up day starts Friday. If you are planning to attend please complete the attached registration form. For more participant information call Doug at 289-214-8714 or Drew at 905-468-0888.

https://niagaramilitaryheritagecentr...niagaras-past/

Last edited by rusty linc; 07-05-18 at 17:35. Reason: attached SPAM
Old 30-07-18, 14:06

Will be there (as usual) representing the Canadians who volunteered and served with the US during the Vietnam War.
Old 01-08-18, 15:52

Default Any Radio Activity?

Will any members be operating radios on HF or 51 Mhz?
John VE3IPS
Old 27-08-18, 18:59

Was another good year. Weather co-coperated. Crowds were alot smaller for some reason.
Still that doesnt damper the re-enactors
Old 27-08-18, 22:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertBishop View Post
Was another good year. Weather co-coperated. Crowds were alot smaller for some reason.
Still that doesnt damper the re-enactors
If the gate count of paid attendees was close to 1,000, I do not understand which smaller ‘crowds’ you are referring to. Perhaps less living history participants?

The Fox, MK-I* Middle East carrier, along with the Huntsville Legion MK-II* carrier, plus the MK-IV (Windsor, second model) carrier looked swell being chased down the parade route by the M4A2E8 76(W), aka Sherman IIIAY.

The weather certainly did co-operate!

Hats off for a fine job to all involved, this being the thirteenth year of the Timlines event. A special thanks to the staff who prepared and served meals: “an army marches on its’ stomach...”. Less than one year to the fourteenth!
Old 28-08-18, 01:24
GM Fox I

As always the Lincoln & Welland group are magnificent hosts who put on a fantastic show in an amazing venue (Fort George in Niagara-on-the-lake...it doesn't get more historic than that). That would be impressive enough, but on top of that they bring out their spectacular collection of impeccably restored, running and perfectly kitted out vehicles ranging from jeeps to M113's to a DUKW. Attached are pics of some of my favourites. The lack of a crowd was because I took pics early before things got cranking.

Oh, and my special thanks to whoever donated the bushel of Niagara peaches. If you've never had a ripe Niagara peach you haven't lived.
Attached Thumbnails
1.JPG   2.JPG   3.JPG   4.JPG   5.JPG  

Old 28-08-18, 01:32
GM Fox I

More...

A Heavy Utility radio repair truck complete down to the drawers containing spare radio parts and a Machinery lorry equipped like the day it left the factory.

But all good things must come to an end. The last pic is my babies packed up for the ride home.
Attached Thumbnails
6.JPG   7.JPG   8.JPG   9.JPG   10.JPG  

Old 22-12-18, 23:11
Marty Morren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Parker View Post
More...

A Heavy Utility radio repair truck complete down to the drawers containing spare radio parts and a Machinery lorry equipped like the day it left the factory.

But all good things must come to an end. The last pic is my babies packed up for the ride home.
Do you have more photos of the Heavy Utility radio repair truck (ZL)?
Thank you.

Last edited by M.Morren; 22-12-18 at 23:25.
Old 23-12-18, 16:17

Lovely pictures, Bruce.

Great to see a ZL fitted with the proper interior! Excellent to see another Diamond T 975 survive.....expecially in such a nice condition and with the Machinery body. This is not the Canadian war museum example, or is it?

Alex
Old 23-12-18, 16:50

Yes they came from the Canadian War Museum. They are on loan to the Linc&Winks Museum.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer
Old 24-12-18, 12:29

Thanks Jordan. Good to hear the museum vehicles can also be seen out and about from time to time!

Alex