MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-12-05, 04:55
Vets Dottir

Default Hmmmm ... 2006 is a cumin in ...

Well ... 2005 is soon to come to a close and for me, well, it's been one helluva different year than any I've ever had. There are SO many highlights, and a few major low-lights ..... new courses in life set, and some old courses finished ... my eldest sister who meant so much to me, is gone, which is still so hard to comprehend. I still go to pick up the phone and then get tears in my eyes when I remember ... "Oh yeah, and oh shit dammit, she's gone". This was the first Christmas for us (family) without her. While I'm used to not having daily contact with her, her immediate family isn't. And they're still, understandably, upset with me because I failed my promise to be there when the end came. My understanding was that there would vbe no prblem before I left, therefore ... but still ... it was me who promised, and me who failed. I can't fix what i didn't do and the hard felings, as far as I'm concerned are justified. That's really sad ... but ... It's been hard on them this year .... but they're managing. I have SO many meories of my sister Susie ... all good ... she was my light when I was a child.

... and so many new people and places have come into my life thios year .... many through my MLU connections. You people in here are quite wonderful .. especially you Aussie folks who do SO much to uplift spirits and cause LAUGHTER ... which is an amazing gift that you all freely give, and give so well

Ooops ... phone just interrupted me, my youngest daughter calling to say she's home from Christmas holidays with sweethearts parents, and she understands and is more accepting of my tears when we say 'goodbye" ... cause her "sweethearts Mom cried to say goodbye too and I understand more when you cry when we say goodbye, mom" Ahhhhh ... I love that child to pieces ...

Mommy's are like that ya know. When their kids live far-far-away and visits are few ... parting is such sweet sorrow (SHUT UP YOU COLD HEARTS)

2005 ... WHAT did you bring me? Other than job rejections because of health and lack of needed skills rejections? (the skills I HAD I can no longer do CRAP! : Meetings and exposure to people and experiences I would not otherwise have had without my MLU and/or Sunray connections ... while some experiences (like deteriorating health and abilities crap) I could do without, but the people I've met? The MLU-ers? Excellent!!! Even those who don't think much of me! You've all ADDED to my life and experiences. I thank you for that.

Don't stop!

Holy crap ... have I really had rides in carriers and been in a Remembrance parade in Canada's capital riding with Navy Vets who "were there" ... ???

Yes ... so many things have happened ... and life carries on, continues ... whatever will tomorrow bring?

And you guys and gals? YOUR 2005??? What are your high/low points? What do you hope for in 2006?

I'll leave you-all with that opening ...

May good things happen for ALL of you MLU-ers and loved ones for 2006 ...

(What did I learn this year (2005) ??? Hell ... other than to not jump to soon, I'm still processing ... leave me alone, eh? LOL ... and JON where the hell are my Tim Tams? LOL
:love: from Ma