MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 25-01-07, 17:07

Default Clothing sizes

Hi everyone

Im hoping you guys here can help me out. I had bought a repro Pat 37 BD from a well known British supplier. However we had some confusion with the sizing and i ended up getting one too small.

I had asked for a size 46long. When I took my chest measurment it came out to a snug 44 inches. I got this by measuring with a tape underneath my arm and around my chest. Since I wanted a bit more room I figured 46 would be fine.

I shoudl also add that Im 6'2"

The company from England suggested that I put on the one they sent "to determine exactly how many inches bigger and longer it needs to be"

How would I measure this out?

Also im concerened that jacket sizing my be different in England. Going by the BD size chart in "Dressed to Kill" I should be a size 18 or 31.

Anyhelp is most apprecciated as I have been waiting sometime to get my RHLI unform all done.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer
Old 25-01-07, 19:01

Jordan

Size 18 is I believe the largest stock battledress size they made during the war.

This works out as waist 38-39, chest 43-44, and height 6' to 6'1". If you need a larger size it would have to be made to order.

Remember the trousers sit high so if you have a larger stomach than waist, that is the measurement you want.
Old 25-01-07, 22:22

Default Diet......

.... I know is a 4 letter word....but would the Bristish tailor be trying to tell you to loose weight....???

.... how do you intend to let out the UC so it will fit you properly..?

From what was quoted on sizes from the Dress to Kill.... I will need to have my Kaptain Nacho suit tailor made......

Bob
Canada
Old 25-01-07, 23:08
FIOR GO BAS

I'm afraid I don't have much more to add, other than...be certain your chest measurement is taken under the armpits, arms down and full girth....meaning full breath of air in your lungs. I had a bull of a time getting my Patrol Blue Cutaway in the correct size.

Like someone eles mentioned as well, if your are in line for the 'Dicky-Do" Award (your belly sticks out more than your dicky-do, then YES use the belly measurement. Also be advised your military waist is actually at the belly button, not the hips.

Best of luck to you, hope some of this helped.