MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > Military Shows & Events > COROWA - THE EVENT

Notices

Old 25-06-07, 15:50

Unhappy Tracked vehicles at Ball Caravan Park

I read on John Arnott's coverletter that tracked vehicles will not be permitted to enter the caravan park for YOTTV.

I don't understand what the problem is, we were permitted to take them into the caravan park, in 2005. I'm not aware of any major damage to the park or injuries or accidents that year.

I have heard locally that some people have decided that if the carriers can't be where the owners can keep a close eye on them, that alot will just leave them home. This is a shame, especially if it's just scare mongery by elements, known or unknown.

Camping by the river isn't really a compromise either....no power, mosquitoes etc.

Perhaps KVE could clarify here what the situation will be before too much excrement hiteth the fan.

(...and you thought that my comments on the swap meet caused you problems. )

Pedr
Attached Thumbnails
mlu m5a1.jpg  

Last edited by Pedr; 25-06-07 at 15:56.
Old 26-06-07, 01:05
www.REMLR.com

That would sure put a dampner on the event, and severly cut down on the number of tracked vehicles. I wouldn't get too concerned untill we hear something concrete from KVE, then we can panic
Old 27-06-07, 06:00
Corowa Project 30

KVE is investigating this area and I am waiting on a written proposal that has been suggested by one of the entrants. More information will be provided shortly.
Jan
Research & Development
THE COROWA YEAR 30 PROJECT
Old 27-06-07, 06:06
www.REMLR.com

Thanks for the update Jan, let us know when you have something
Old 27-06-07, 13:32
RIP

Jan
Don't forget that there will be some new and unique tracked vehicles there next year. Experimental Carrier #3168, Half Track Chevrolet Biltz (Phoenix) and John Belfield's Lind (not sure if spelling is correct) Tracked Truck plus Stewarts, Carriers etc. etc.
Bob
Old 27-06-07, 13:49
Corowa Project 30

After many emails from people and the list I have received from Ian Pullen I think we will be very impressed with the variety. It is great now that all the clubs and Bandiana are enthusiastic about attending with theme vehicles. A theme such as Tracked vehicles adds extra issues to the successful running of the event but we will try and please as many people as possible and we will keep you all posted.
Jan
Research & Development
Old 28-06-07, 04:13
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Linn

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Moseley
Jan
Don't forget that there will be some new and unique tracked vehicles there next year. Experimental Carrier #3168, Half Track Chevrolet Biltz (Phoenix) and John Belfield's Lind (not sure if spelling is correct) Tracked Truck plus Stewarts, Carriers etc. etc.
Bob
An exciting list, Bob!

It's a Linn Catruck.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern
Old 05-09-07, 14:36
Corowa Project 30

At the KVE meeting on 26th May certain committee members decided that tracked vehicles would not be allowed into the caravan park. The decision was made at this meeting that "all tracked vehicles and floats are to remain outside the caravan Park". John Arnott subsequently put this in his letter to Carrier owners and received some negative feedback considering there were no issues from 2005 of damage within the park. This is when a proposal was put forward by Keith Adam who had contacts within the Corowa Council and previous experience in holding an event at the Airport. The Committee had to then change its attitude.
Research & Development
Old 06-09-07, 01:15
www.REMLR.com

So Tracked vehicles will be allowed in the park, that's good to hear
Old 21-09-07, 14:27

Correction of incorrect information previously posted:

Fact - 1. Tracked vehicles have always been allowed to stay in Ball Park Caravan Park for 2008. At the meeting on 26th May it was not decided that tracked vehicles could not stay in Ball Park Caravan Park. The committee has always been concerned about the general safety of park visitors and participants, when large vehicles are being driven in a confined area.

Fact - 2. At the wind up meeting at Corowa this year we started to talk about the extra parking that will be needed, due to having TV's in the park next year. I also mentioned that I had a meeting with park staff in this regard.

Fact - 3. The committee has always been looking for camping & parking of large tracked vehicles outside the park area, as far back as the last event. We talked about parking them by the river as an option. The airport has always been an option of mine, which is why I started to talk to the Corowa Mayor during our last event. Not knowing what to expect next year until recently, it has been difficult for KVE Inc to make an informed judgement on the need required for large TVs. In talking to Ian Pullen in regard to large tracked vehicles attending, we are now starting to get an idea on numbers that may be attending.

Fact - 4. Camping is available at the airport for large tracked vehicles and any overflow of tracked vehicles (ie Bren etc) from Ball Park Caravan Park, being registered through KVE Inc, as approved by discussions with the Corowa Council.

Fact - 5. Several people are meeting in Corowa on 14 October 2007 to further the plans for 2008.

Let the facts prevail and the rubbish cease. It is true to say that the majority of the committee are becoming fed up with the misinfomation that has been put around in different circles.
John Hedges
President
KVE Inc
Old 22-09-07, 00:42
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by Ozzie John & Fiona
Let the facts prevail and the rubbish cease. It is true to say that the majority of the committee are becoming fed up with the misinfomation that has been put around in different circles.
"Rubbish", John? "Fed up"? I'm so sorry you're 'fed up' with all the 'rubbish' on this Forum, dear me.

What seems to have escaped you is that the membership here are not beholden to you or any other individual, and that they have the right to post pretty much whatever they please, as long as it's neither obscene nor a slur on a fellow member. They do not need your pronouncement as to whether what they have to say is 'rubbish' or not.

Furthermore, not only am I, as the Forum Owner and Chief Administrator, the only one here permitted to make that kind of judgment publicly, I find the slur inherent in your post exceptionally disagreeable.

"Slur?" you may ask? Yes, exactly that; in declaring the words of legitimate Forum members garbage, you are in fact casting dispersion upon they themselves as thinking individuals, for voicing their opinions and concerns.

And this is the second time in two posts you have done just that. In two successive posts you have denigrated everyone, NOW including even KVE's own Secretary, for posting either what they've heard or what they've understood to be the situation at the time of their posting. In effect, you have used MLU to castigate those holding either opinions contrary to your own, or differing impressions as to the implications of your stated opinions of the moment.

Just because you say 'it's so' at any given time (and that may or may not mean "it's so") you have no right to try to muzzle other Forum members.

No, this is just 'not on', John.

As far as 'it's so' is concerned, let's just examine one such 'fact', shall we? You strongly imply throughout your first four 'Facts' that not only was it always your intention to permit tracked vehicles in the Ball Park, but that the Airport concept 'has always been an option of mine' and that 'camping at the airport is available'.

Here I might draw your attention to the notice (a copy of which is in my possession) sent out by John Arnott as a KVE representative immediately after your May meeting, which states unequivocally "For safety, and protection of the caravan park, tracked vehicles will not be allowed in the park."

As if to attempt to retract that pronouncement, you stated here on MLU, on 12 August (prior to your AGM on 19 August) in the Corowa 2008 Proposal thread, that "At this meeting, we will be having discussions regarding the housing of all tracked vehicles to see if they can be accommodated in and around Ball Park Caravan Park, as this is the Corowa event recognised location." Note that not only is this far from clear, but there is no mention of the airport whatsoever.

Talk of the Airport beyond the presentation of Keith Adams' public Proposal only began to lurk - without naming the Airport as a possible venue - when you stated on 31 August, in the same thread, "Alternative arrangements may have to be made for large AFV’s away from Ball Park Caravan Park."

Three days later (03 September) was the first time you stated flatly that arrangements had been made "for the use of the entire airport to facilitate all needs that may arise in regard large tracked vehicles staying at the airport, including camping at the airport." This, after your only other definitive comment on the subject was to castigate Keith Adams for unveiling his Proposal here.

If you look at all of this in context, I'm not surprised at the confusion and concern held by the rank and file who have an interest in this affair, and nor should you be.

Which leads me to what I hope will be my final comment necessary on this whole sorry business. I will reiterate part of my response to you on 03 September, as it pertains to this Forum and its membership: "My point is that they will continue to debate any matter of concern to them, as often as they wish, with my blessing; whether or not you choose to follow those debates as they evolve, or participate in even just the ones which may concern you, is your business."

Given both the tone of your post today and the implication that somehow you hold the right of approval on what our membership posts, I feel it my responsibility to advise you that in fact, the only thing I've read here on this subject which remotely approaches 'rubbish' is your own approach to the issue at-hand.

Please be advised that MLU will not tolerate this kind of superior attitude and innuendo against our membership in any further posts you care to make, and this is not subject to debate.

SUNRAY OUT
Old 22-09-07, 01:31
Corowa Project 30

After listening to the tapes of the KVE meeting on 26th May, I can verify there was discussion of having the tracked vehicles at the caravan park and not at the airport, and John Arnott (who was a committee member at this stage) officially sent out a letter after this meeting to inform Carrier owners of the discussions which took place referring to no tracked vehicles being in the caravan park.

Communication is an important factor when organizing events; as a long-term organiser of this event and now Secretary of KVE, I would like to see all involved working together with the clear objective to make Corowa 08 the best Swim-In to-date. To ensure this, everyone must have a clear understanding of just what the situation is at any given time, without intimidation. Let us just move on from here and do what has to be done.

With this in mind, if anyone is interested in assisting with organising this event please email me and I will pass you an application to join KVE.

The gathering at Corowa on Sunday 14th October at 1pm is open to all participants, whether members or not.

Jan Thompson
Secretary, KVE
Research & Development