MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > MILITARY VEHICLES > The Gun Park

Notices

Old 13-03-07, 10:51

Default German artillery restoration

I have a WW1 German 7.7cm Feldkanone M96 n.A. dated 1915 and I need documentation, manuals as well as any spare parts I could use for its restoration. If any of you has anything, I would appreciate the help!

The gun is in reasonable shape but the whole shield is missing as well as everything that was attached to it, including the traveling seats and footrests. The wheels are not original, the breeckblock opening lever is broken, the brake parts are gone or severely bent and rusted, etc... The optics bracket and arm is bent. There must be some annoying welds under the paint as well...

So, I have work ahead! If anyone has anything I could use, contact me!

F-L
Old 13-03-07, 19:30
T' Guns thank God t' guns

Default FK16nA

Hi F-L:

Sounds like we have a lot in common. Our FK16nA is also in rough shape, but not as bad as yours from the description. Why don't you arrange to come to Ottawa for a day in May of June and we can compare notes/pictures and rusty old cannons.

see www.calnan.com/swords

Cheers! Mike (currently on duty in Ghana)
www.calnan.com/swords
Old 13-03-07, 20:16

That would be great... If I'm around during those two months! In the summer, I am working in Nunavik (northern Quebec) most of the time...

The Canadian war museum has two FK M96 n.A. in its collection. I hope to get permission to take measurements and close-up pictures of their guns. One of them has a blown barrel but the rest is quite complete. I have not seen the second gun.