MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > 'B' ECHELON > The Sergeants' Mess

Notices

Old 29-04-06, 00:37
RIP

Default U.S.Anthem now in Espagnol !!

Fellow MLU'ers in the Great Republic of the U.S.A. ,
It appears your beautiful and I say. sacred anthem,penned by Francis Scott Key,is now translated into spanish,with some changes on the words,something about illegals being happy and free to go about their affairs.Wasn't there a ground roots push last year to make California bilingual(english and spanish)?? !!.It's been pointed out that hispanics are the majority race in your country,with black people second,then whites..Now,up here in the Great White North,we've come to live with a bilingual anthem,because of our two founding languages.President Bush just commented on TV that if you want to be an American,learn the anthem in english,as it was penned.Good for him.
Any input on your part.

Buenos dias mi amigos.
Old 29-04-06, 04:20

Good for Georgie!! Now if he would only pass a law stating that the anthem must be sung as it was written not in the rap, blues, wanky way most of these so called singers do it now. Being a Canadian I would put our anthem as number 1 of course and then the US at number 2 and the old USSR at number 3. It just drives me absolutely nuts everytime I watch a baseball, hockey or football game and these wack jobs ruin the US anthem. Why do they have to drag out the words and see how many times their voices can go up and down the scales in the first words (Oh say can you see).? Sing it right and learn the words or just have an orchestra play it. Salute, or hold your hand over your heart and sing along. Now the crowds can't recognize what is being sung and don't know whether to stand up, sit down or go to the cra**er.

Cheers,
Barry

Every twenty minute job is one broken bolt away from a three day ordeal.
Old 29-04-06, 04:40
RIP

Default Easy Barry my man !!

Now,what we do is get you to sing the anthems in our presence ?? Not bad advive ?? OH11 By the way , when you are dosing,wear something that will deflect empty beer bottles/tins,left over salad,stale buns,in the case of GWB,old boots and whatever anything else fellow members' want to throw./Come on gentlemen,what else can we throw at POOR Barry ??
Old 29-04-06, 09:12

Default Can You Wonder Why

I had wondered when this would come up. This has not
been well recieved down here.Since the marches of the
past few weeks attuides have changed,it is almost openly
hostile now.
The 5th of May is coming or Cinco de Mayio the celebration
of mexican independance day. It could very well mean
riots.
This old boy is heading north to the big pines.
Patrick
Old 29-04-06, 14:25

Gee Gary you must have been talking to Janet. When I sing in the shower the German Shepherd, Chimo and the Rottweiler, Duke, both start to howl. I maintain they are just joining me but Janet says it is actually a protest. I do know all the words though to our anthem and the US one. Another rant I have is all the people in the crowd talking or scratching their a##es while the anthems are played. How much of an attention span do some of these people have? We as Canadians or Americans are loosing our identity fast enough as it is. Lets keep something sacred. I would put this in smaller print if I could but as an aside I still wish they sang God Save The Queen in schools. Our veterans have fought for our freedom but now it is being eroded by!!!(I guess I can't say it on this forum else Geoff's house is bombed or something equally horrendous). Stop by my place Gary and we can sing the anthems together. That might drive the coyotes out of my bush.
Cheers,
Barry

Every twenty minute job is one broken bolt away from a three day ordeal.
Old 02-05-06, 12:49
BIG MIKE

geez i COULD REMEBER A FEW YEARS BACK YOU CANUCKS BOO'D OUR ANTHEM AT A HOCKEY GAME. But i'd rather take a boo than a Latin backed anthem anyday. Also the "Great white north" I would take a Latin over a FROG . Just my opinion. Cheers

BIG MIKE
Old 02-05-06, 14:46
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

We used to sing THE MAPLE LEAF FOREVER in assembly every morning at school in the sixties. That should tell you where I sit in this debate.
Old 02-05-06, 15:45
a Canuck/Brit in Blighty

Default le rant

I think maybe the anthem was booed 'cause it was sung in English It was Montreal after all.

It's changing out west as well. Richmond is now little Hong Kong. So much so that us caucasions are being ignored in some of the shopping areas. What used to be called Vancouver, B.C. (British Columbia) is now called Vancouver, Canada.

One of the military service organizations had to remove the word "Royal" from their name.

Quebec is allowed to entrench culture and language rights but English Canada has to take second stage lest we offend the multicultural rights of new immigrants.

Kids used to sing Christmas carols in school.

I think it's all a plot to weaken English Canada and allow Quebec to separate

Then again times change, after all our soldiers used to march into battle shoulder to shoulder wearing bright red uniforms with targets on them.
Old 02-05-06, 21:42
RIP

Default talk about a rant

watched the May Day marches last nite on the news.Thousands of spanish speaking illegals demanding their rights !!Boy! you guys south of the border have muchos problemos.And scary too.Do you think there'll be a majority backlash after these demands ??
Old 02-05-06, 21:57
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: talk about a rant

Quote:
Originally posted by Garry Shipton
watched the May Day marches last nite on the news.Thousands of spanish speaking illegals demanding their rights !!Boy! you guys south of the border have muchos problemos.And scary too.Do you think there'll be a majority backlash after these demands ??
Garry
Did you and Shad sing along..??
Old 02-05-06, 22:20

Default Backlash

Oh yes there is a back lash there have already been
arrests of illeagals,and they are not deporting them
they are jailing them.Some companies who hire the
illeagal have been busted,the owners are going to
recieve large fines and jail time.
There is been an attuide change in the neighborhood
You can see that long surly glare as you drive by them.
Oh Yeah gun sales have gone threw the roof....
Patrick
Old 03-05-06, 01:04
RIP

Default Re: Re: talk about a rant

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
Garry
Did you and Shad sing along..??
Well kinda Al.The Shad couldn't really sing along as he had to keep taking empties upstairs and bringing back full ones.Besides,he don't abli espagnol.He's a cerveza getter.

BY REQUEST, EDITED TO REMOVE NASTY COMMENT ABOUT MEXICANS -- GEOFF
Old 05-05-06, 03:16
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Backlash

Quote:
Originally posted by Ponysoldier
Oh yes there is a back lash there have already been
arrests of illeagals,and they are not deporting them
they are jailing them.Some companies who hire the
illeagal have been busted,the owners are going to
recieve large fines and jail time.
There is been an attuide change in the neighborhood
You can see that long surly glare as you drive by them.
Oh Yeah gun sales have gone threw the roof....
Patrick

We're organizing a boycott of Messican owned business here in Texas. They think they've got economic clout?!? Watch the flautas hit the fan when we Anglos boycott their businesses! And it won't hurt just WalMart!
Old 05-05-06, 09:12

Default Boycott

Yes the boycott is starting here now,many places
now have empty parking lots.Now we are going
one better our sheriff is now arresting the illegals,not
for illegal immagration but for smuggling. This
means they get to spend time in a tent city jail!
Patrick
Old 05-05-06, 15:09
RIP

Default Your sheriff made the news

He was interviewed on Network news here yesterday.They even showed his tent city jail !!
Old 06-05-06, 00:36
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Default Re: Re: Backlash

Quote:
Originally posted by sapper740
We're organizing a boycott of Messican owned business here in Texas. They think they've got economic clout?!? ........... And it won't hurt just WalMart!
I think businesses like WalMart are doing more to destroy sovereignty and economic prosperity than any illegal immigrants ever could. Here it is getting exceedingly difficult to find any retail business that sells Australian manufactured goods. Hardware, clothing and footwear, toys and sporting goods, electrical goods, furniture, computers and electronics. Just about the lot of it is Made in China. China can thank companies like WalMart for sourcing their buying and production offshore, just to be able to price their stock lower than their competitors. And like like lemmings, we buy this cheaper stuff, send Billions out of the country and close factories.
Old 06-05-06, 01:14
RIP

Default You said it brother !!

About twenty years ago my company were agents for a South African ocean shipping company to Montreal.When I met with the new South African agent,he told me that the Chinese had shipped a complete shirt manufacturing plant to Zimbabwe,where they supplied everything,then put labels "Made in Zimbabwe",just to beaat North Americaan import quotas for textiles.

Boy,if only the people knew.
Old 06-05-06, 02:09
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Boycott

Quote:
Originally posted by Ponysoldier
Yes the boycott is starting here now,many places
now have empty parking lots.Now we are going
one better our sheriff is now arresting the illegals,not
for illegal immagration but for smuggling. This
means they get to spend time in a tent city jail!
Patrick
Gotta love Joe Arpio!
Old 06-05-06, 22:11
1942 C15A

Default US anthem in espanol

Tony makes a good point . Cause we just send boat load after boat load of our $$$ out of our country we're making a fat cat out of the Chi-Comms . Thus their need for increased crude shipments of late . Their economy , if that's what one calls it , is going thru expansion they prob never dreamed of . This is what we Americans get for having weak politicians in both parties & not interferring with Slick Willy and Madeline Albright back in the mid 90's who gave the Chi-Comms "Most Favored Nation Status".

One point re Illegals : It is not they take jobs that a US citizen won't take , it is that they take jobs that no US worker could support his family on .

Cheers ,Johnnie .