MLU FORUM  

Go Back   MLU FORUM > BUY, TRADE or SELL > For Sale Or Wanted

Notices

Old 22-07-14, 17:23

Default Dodge D15/T222

I am in the process of writing a book, together with a British and a Belgian, about the vehicles of the PPA (Popski's Private Army), SAS (Special Air Service) and the LRDG (Long Range Desert Group), and how to properly build and equip a Jeep or other vehicle belonging to these units (LRDG used a number of different trucks)

I have owned a Dodge WC51, manufactured February 12th 1945, since 1994 when I bought it at an auction in Norway. So it came straight out of army storage. The Dodge has been under a frame off restoration for 3½ years and should be back in my garage at the end of summer. I have, however, come to set my eyes on another Dodge family member, one from North of The Border, Canada, a D15/T222. These trucks were used by the PPA, among others, for transportation of supplies to the front lines.

I am depending on an electric wheelchair, and have been for over ten years, and need a truck with spacious enough rear body to accept my chair. Both the WC51 and D15 fall into that category. I am getting more involved with the group "friends of Popskis Private Army-foPPA" and a D15 would fit the bill nicely when out touring with the rest of the foPPA.

So I am on the lookout for a 1942-1944 Dodge D15/T222 in preferably restored, complete, and running condition. I may consider trading (plus cash?) with my Factory Fresh Dodge WC51.

I live in Stockholm, Sweden.

My e-mail is goran_noren[at]yahoo[dot]com

Goran N
Attached Thumbnails
Dodge D15-1546.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 22-07-14, 18:04
MLU Administrator

Goran,

There's one for sale in the Netherlands: http://www.elalamein.eu/d15

HTH,
Hanno
Old 22-07-14, 22:52

Quote:
There's one for sale in the Netherlands: http://www.elalamein.eu/d15
I have seen that truck in the flesh a number of times and it's really nice. I am not too sure that it is still available though(?). When you look under vehicles it says "sorry sol", while through Hanno's link it seems it's still available
Old 24-07-14, 13:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex van de Wetering View Post
I have seen that truck in the flesh a number of times and it's really nice. I am not too sure that it is still available though(?). When you look under vehicles it says "sorry sol", while through Hanno's link it seems it's still available
It is sold and now stored in my garage

Regards,
Kurt